It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Committee: “Crisis on the Texas Border ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
McCaul to Hold Texas Field Hearing on Surge of Unaccompanied Minors at the Border

Next week, the Homeland Security Committee will hold a field hearing entitled “Crisis on the Texas Border: Surge of Unaccompanied Minors.” The hearing will examine the impacts of and response to the growing trend of unaccompanied children crossing the Southwest border. Texas Governor Rick Perry will testify and the findings will be included with the efforts of the Congressional working group established to investigate this crisis.

THURSDAY, July 3 at 12:00 p.m. CT

Invited Witness Include:

The Honorable Rick Perry, Governor, State of Texas

Mr. Steve C. McCraw, Director, Texas Department of Public Safety

Mr. Kevin W. Oaks, Chief Patrol Agent, Rio Grande Valley Sector, Border Patrol, Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Additional Witnesses To Be Announced

PLUS

Statement by Texas Governor Rick Perry

"With every day of inaction by the federal government to secure our southern border, the crisis of illegal immigration and the threat to national security from criminal elements grow worse.

At a time when President Obama and many in Washington continue to ignore this serious situation, I applaud Chairman McCaul for his efforts to address this problem, and for bringing his committee to the border to see this crisis firsthand."

-
Upon seeing THESE and SUSPECTING that the Supreme Court MAY have started to "WAKE UP !!!" ...

OPINION: CHANGE IS IN THE AIR !!!
( i.e. not in this administration's favor )

edit on 26-6-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I sincerely hope to hell you are right Farly.....But I suspect this is just window dressing for the publics consumption.....and an election issue for the GOP....

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
I sincerely hope to hell you are right Farly.....But I suspect this is just window dressing for the publics consumption.....and an election issue for the GOP....

1. I KNOW that Texans won't tolerate the "Border Crisis".
( nor any BLM Land-Grab on/along the Red River )

AND

2. I SEE new 12th "Action"-Evidence from the Supreme Court.

-
THESE ARE enough evidence for me to be able to say:

"CHANGE IS IN THE AIR !!!" ... Begins or Beginning.

( fingers crossed )

edit on 26-6-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I heard this. I get wary too when they start campaigning in the media. Hand wringing for the children is usually a precursor to some new policy or program.

But if true, how desperate are parents choosing to send their kids into perdition alone? The southern US deserts are a death trap for them. Are things that bad south of the border?

Undecided…

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
There's not much talk anymore about what kind of virus' these children are carrying across the border with them- anymore...

abc

"average citizens unaware."
"they're all contagious."

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So a committee will have a meeting about it next week?

Well, hot damn. At this rate, we'll have a useful suggestion by the end of the year, at least!

Gotta love Government in action.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Did the country's of origin just stop immunizing their newborns at some point in time?

Because it costs too much de niro or what?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne
The Texas National Guard has the right to protect the Southern Border, and should be deployed.

People coming here illegally need to be returned to their country of Origin.
Those attempting to cross illegally need to be turned back around by any means at this point.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
So a committee will have a meeting about it next week?

Well, hot damn. At this rate, we'll have a useful suggestion by the end of the year, at least!

Gotta love Government in action.

That's the way government does things - first they identify a problem, hold a meeting to decide what has to be done. If they decide something has to be done, they'll set up an investigation committee. If by the time the investigation committee comes back with their report, the problem is still there, then they'll set up a task force to solve the highest priority issues. In this case, this would be dehydration and exhaustion of the children. Then they would look to the private sector to see what they could contribute. So they would get Disney and Coca Cola to work in partnership to open theme parks all across the migration routes with discounts on ice cream, hot dogs and big slurps for illegals. It's a win for everyone, the government gets tax revenue, corporations expand and create jobs, and the migrants don't get dehydrated.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

"There's not much talk anymore about what kind of virus' these children are carrying across the border with them- anymore... "
Uh, well.............there's this:
www.breitbart.com...

I'm sure however that the masters will immediately start censoring coverage like this.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well of course they are going to do something.

They were going to ship some to CA, But the mayor of that town said no. I'm guessing they are getting that a lot, and I can't say as I blame the towns for saying no.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Make way for the NAFTA Super Highway! (expansion)

MAP-21 (Agenda 21)

On July 6, President Barack Obama signed MAP-21 into law. As with most bills these days, Congress had to pass it in order for us to know what’s in it. Only the committee members, conferees, and lobbyists had the access to know precisely what was in it, and big business, big energy, and various and sundry special interests got just what they wanted -- including state highway departments that got the environmental rules so relaxed, they can literally add toll lanes to any highway without so much as a public hearing or ANY study of the impacts, so long as it’s within the existing right of way.

NAFTA corridors get special treatment

So for a time, Texans thought they were finally rescued from the Trans Texas Corridor, thinking that if these trade corridors ever got built, it would be done as an existing free interstate of old -- not these new-fangled ‘innovative financing’ P3s that compromise the public’s sovereignty over these critical arteries. Then, on June 22, TxDOT announced its intention to lease out the public’s right of way anyway, just like the Trans Texas Corridor was going to do, and on June 29, Congress passed MAP-21.

The three proposed NAFTA international trade corridors that connect with Mexico and Canada that are of primary interest in MAP-21 are: TTC-69/I-69 (from Laredo, Texas to Port Huron, Michigan), Canamex (from Arizona to Montana), and Ports to Plains (from Laredo to North Dakota). Three particular sections of the bill specifically advance the corridors. Several additional sections prioritize them through secondary means.

The article is worth reading and may shed some light on why Texas and our borders are disintegrating.

edit on 26-6-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join