It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Bachmann continues to bring the crazy!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: manna2

Actually, I hope they will keep this up and keep attacking the President with lawsuits and impeachment. He will be gone when anything happens and the democrats will have all three branches of government again. Mark my words.

Whewww.

I was actually thinking they would regain all 3 too.

But now I'm confident they won't.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

But it's Obama's fault. I'm far from an Obama supporter, and he's done nothing to make things better, but Dubya started this whole ME mess and ruined the economy with his taxpayer funded bailouts. Too big to fail, my ass. So much for letting the market driven economy taking care of things.

Obama = $830,000,000,000.00 in stimulus for? This of course is Bushes fault both Sr. & Jr. and if that darn Jeb gets anywhere close to DC, it will be his fault to. Oh and don't forget it was Barbara and Laura running things behind the scenes.

Erm, TARP was signed by Bush. It needed to be topped up by Obama because Paulson utterly screwed things up from Lehman Brothers onwards. Read 'Too Big To Fail'. You might need to change your underwear afterwards.

And who was in control of congress during this period?

I have already read and watched too big to fail.

TARP was 431 Billion and Obama needed to top that off double?

Tarp was paid back, but they don't care.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

But it's Obama's fault. I'm far from an Obama supporter, and he's done nothing to make things better, but Dubya started this whole ME mess and ruined the economy with his taxpayer funded bailouts. Too big to fail, my ass. So much for letting the market driven economy taking care of things.

Obama = $830,000,000,000.00 in stimulus for? This of course is Bushes fault both Sr. & Jr. and if that darn Jeb gets anywhere close to DC, it will be his fault to. Oh and don't forget it was Barbara and Laura running things behind the scenes.

Erm, TARP was signed by Bush. It needed to be topped up by Obama because Paulson utterly screwed things up from Lehman Brothers onwards. Read 'Too Big To Fail'. You might need to change your underwear afterwards.

money.cnn.com...

Yes paid back.

Unlike most of the incompetent Obama loans that led to bankruptcies

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

money.cnn.com...
ahhhhh, can you show me where that private bank, the federal reserve, removed that money from the economy? I mean, to restore the dollar. I mean, if they paid it all back as you say, we would not be paying compounded interest on the money we loaned them. And qe1, qe2 and qe infinity too. I am sorry. I learned about the shell game a long time ago. So you tell me, which shell is the pea under now? I can assure you it never got paid back. I suggest you learn about how they keep 2 sets of books. CAFR

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
No, it is not credited to the debt. It most likely went into CAFR funds. The debt remains. We will pay interest on it forever. Hyperinflation coming. No recovery from this. Debt vs. Gdp well above 100% now

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Pretty sure the lawsuit is not a taxpayer funded lawsuit.....

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Although defunding is a nice "idea" id much rather tax dollars go to genuinely PROSECUTING these criminals..

We all know defunding is a nice thought but ultimately the corrupt would just find other loopholes to get their money....

The best way to fix it is to actually pursue criminal charges with real consequences.....

Not that this will ever happen, but i would be much more behind that idea....

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

a reply to: buster2010

Oh when the Bush card fails play the Fox card.

This thread is about the right whining about Obama and EO's and the guy at FOX is right where were they when Bush was going EO happy and has 111 more EO's to his credit than Obama

Funny that Senator Obama would agree with Bachman.

He was 'against' EO's before he was 'for' them.

Of course he was going to say stuff like that he was running for office. You constantly post about politics but in reality it seems that you really don't know very much.
FOX was crying the loudest about the IRS so why not talk about them?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Seeing how the Bush's did their best to destroy the economy yes it is their fault.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican

Pretty sure the lawsuit is not a taxpayer funded lawsuit.....

so who's footing the bill then? A PAC? Every dime congress spends is taxpayer funded.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

From what I understand it is a personal or Party funded lawsuit....I am still looking for the specifics.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican

From what I understand it is a personal or Party funded lawsuit....I am still looking for the specifics.

I've been looking too since you posted and can't find the plaintiff info yet. Please post if you get facts as I will retract my statement for sure. I searching .gov and .us sites.

If TanMan is personally suing I will be a bit shocked.

Edit: I found this from the memo in Metallicus thread that tends to say it will be the House.

I intend to bring to the floor in July legislation that would authorize the House of Representatives - through the House General Counsel and at the direction of the Bipartisan Legal Advisory Group (BLAG) - to file suit in the coming weeks in an effort to compel the president to follow his oath of office and faithfully execute the laws of our country. The legislation would follow regular order and be considered by the Rules Committee following its introduction, prior to its consideration by the full House.

edit on 6/26/2014 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Of course he was going to say stuff like that he was running for office. You constantly post about politics but in reality it seems that you really don't know very much.

Is that right ?

Yeah I do post about politics.

So much in fact that I can see that the current potus can talk about of both sides of his snip.

And never gets held accountable for it by his defenders.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I also saw this video earlier today on MSM news and it got me scratching my head a little. Not because Bachmann showed us how bats**t crazy she is, yet again. Hell, everybody already knows that. I'm wondering what the hell is going on over at Fox News.

Last week Megan Kelly lit into Dick Cheney pretty good when he made that "so wrong, about so much, at the expense of so many" statement with regards to Obama's handling of the current situation in Iraq and she pretty much made him eat his own words.

Now, we see Neil Cavuto calling out Michele Bachmann on her ludicrous statement about de-funding the executive branch and even further regarding her support for Boehner's plan to waste more time and taxpayer dollars on frivolous lawsuits when there are much more important things that need to be done and/or addressed.

What the hell is going on at Fox News???? Fox News used to be the 24/7 cheerleading squad for these nut-jobs and now all of a sudden they're calling them out? On top of that, they're calling them out basically for orchestrating bullsh**t while ignoring their responsibilities as legislators, something progressives have been saying for 6 yrs. now.

All I can say is somebody over at Fox must have mistakenly given Neil and Megan "sanity" pills when they thought they were handing out the Hannity pills. It's the only thing that would explain what I'm seeing.

F&S for the OP!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Not only FOX but CNN is touting the IRS scandal as a witch hunt against Republicans. Up is down and day is night.
MSNBC is still just crying racist at everything though...

edit on 6/26/2014 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Bachman is 'crazy' ?

Yes. When Fox news is alluding to one of their own as such it's pretty much confirmed.

CJ

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Then if you've read the book you should KNOW that TARP was a necessary evil. And if you know anything about the financial industry then you should know that the total for TARP was fuzzier than a box of fuzzy things. Do you know how badly the financial industry screwed up when it came to assessing the losses from CDOs and CDSs?

You can't seriously think the financial industry screwed up. The takeaway from that whole debacle was the financial industry made it bet on phoney MBS without consequence they were in a win/win no matter what the result was and the people paid for the gambling bet. They didn't screw up I thought you read the book. They were going to win no matter what. Your logic is fuzzy...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Good find.....waste of time and money then....

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Seeing how the Bush's did their best to destroy the economy yes it is their fault.

So you're saying the Mortgage Back Securities were Bushes fault? Or he just spent too much money while the Democratic 103rd congress controlled the checkbook? Just exactly what would you say was the fault of ole GWB in this regard? This is why I turn a deaf ear to the republicans now, because you can't complain about presidential spending when you control the checkbook. Talk about a false narrative.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

So you're saying the Mortgage Back Securities were Bushes fault? Or he just spent too much money while the Democratic 103rd congress controlled the checkbook? Just exactly what would you say was the fault of ole GWB in this regard? This is why I turn a deaf ear to the republicans now, because you can't complain about presidential spending when you control the checkbook. Talk about a false narrative.

Oh come off it. It was a Republican House that pushed for the disastrous repeal of Glass-Steagall which allowed the banks to start playing around with CDSs and the other products that went kablooie. And it was a Republican President (Bush) who allowed more and more deregulation for that invisible hand of the market bull excrement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join