It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Bachmann continues to bring the crazy!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
a reply to: Metallicus

Dude...Failures?..Come on, be fair....Bush..need i say more...Both Have errors, yet if your gonna bash one, bash them all.

Ah the vaunted Bush defense.... The last resort when a person has run out of excuses. Bash them all? How far should we go back? Let me be the first, Thomas Jefferson had slaves!

And It seems the "Bush 'em" defense is actually being used right off the bat lately.

They won't even consider any genuine rebuttals

GWB the longest 'serving' president in American history.

That is like their American Express card.

They never leave home without it.

And the debris from the damage that his administration caused is so vast that it's no wonder that Obama has spent so much time running about with a shovel. Come on - Daddy Bush's pals placed him in the White House after losing the popular vote, 9/11 happened on his watch, he put two wars on the credit card, both of which have destabilised the region around them, a tax cut that was a disaster, a total failure to address the healthcare problems, a total failure to address America's infrastructure deficiencies, a middle class that is being squeezed, an upper class that's even more obscenely rich than ever, catastrophic deregulation that led to the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression, a total and utter failure to address global climate change and if I start to talk about his Supreme Court choices I'll froth at the mouth. The man was a catastrophe from start to finish.

There it is, there it is......OH YES .... The Bush Defense. Better than well aged whine er wine, and cheese.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

They are a sad necessity of life when the majority party in the House goes raving mad and attacks him for everything that he says. FFS, they even screamed at Michelle Obama when she pointed out that healthy food at school might be a good idea.

Is that right ?

It's all Rah,Rah sis boom bah, YAY DEMOCRACY ! when his teams held the trifecta of government.

Now it's not so fast Democracy you say ?

WHAT DEMOCRACY ?

By the kings decree!

Says the pretender in Chief.

Necessity?

After railing against his predecessor ?

Nope.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

But it's Obama's fault. I'm far from an Obama supporter, and he's done nothing to make things better, but Dubya started this whole ME mess and ruined the economy with his taxpayer funded bailouts. Too big to fail, my ass. So much for letting the market driven economy taking care of things.

Obama = $830,000,000,000.00 in stimulus for? This of course is Bushes fault both Sr. & Jr. and if that darn Jeb gets anywhere close to DC, it will be his fault to. Oh and don't forget it was Barbara and Laura running things behind the scenes.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another
I think my friends of which I usually agree with politically are missing the point. Even if symbolic it is a waste of time, resources, political capital, focus and legitimacy.
It is the same type of mistake the Tea Party made when calculating the shut down and its' consequences. Its principals were sound but the cost to the nation was too great.
We are a nation closer to the center than the extremes in our makeup and grandiose acts don't go over well with voters.

I disagree. I think the IRS should be de-funded. At the very leasttheir budget should be docked the 62.5 million dollars in bonuses these idiots are giving themselves after proving incompetent at the minute task of saving E-mails. I'd argue it needs completely overhauled. But what do I know, I'm just a lowly tax payer peon in Obama's kingdom.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

IRS has way too much power. Defund and restructure.

When you can brazenly steal a Presidential Election.

Then say the dog ate my homework.

You can't be surprised the Congress might want to take a look at them.

This is outrageous. I would be throwing my shoes if I was in Congress.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I agree the IRS is corrupt and needs to be overhauled. Especially the reward pay. UGH. I would not mind at all if we selectively abolished quite a few agencies inside the EB. But,
To defund the entire EB is unrealistic and will have so much backlash it is an overreach. A nonstarter.

The IRS scandal is for a whole other thread.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Dude...Failures?..Come on, be fair....Bush..need i say more...Both Have errors, yet if your gonna bash one, bash them all.

Ah the vaunted Bush defense.... The last resort when a person has run out of excuses. Bash them all? How far should we go back? Let me be the first, Thomas Jefferson had slaves!

And It seems the "Bush 'em" defense is actually being used right off the bat lately.

And the debris from the damage that his administration caused is so vast that it's no wonder that Obama has spent so much time running about with a shovel. Come on - Daddy Bush's pals placed him in the White House after losing the popular vote, 9/11 happened on his watch, he put two wars on the credit card, both of which have destabilised the region around them, a tax cut that was a disaster, a total failure to address the healthcare problems, a total failure to address America's infrastructure deficiencies, a middle class that is being squeezed, an upper class that's even more obscenely rich than ever, catastrophic deregulation that led to the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression, a total and utter failure to address global climate change and if I start to talk about his Supreme Court choices I'll froth at the mouth. The man was a catastrophe from start to finish.

There it is, there it is......OH YES .... The Bush Defense. Better than well aged whine er wine, and cheese.

Are you seriously trying to claim that Dubya wasn't the most catastrophically inept President since Franklin Pierce and James Buchanan???

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

But it's Obama's fault. I'm far from an Obama supporter, and he's done nothing to make things better, but Dubya started this whole ME mess and ruined the economy with his taxpayer funded bailouts. Too big to fail, my ass. So much for letting the market driven economy taking care of things.

Obama = $830,000,000,000.00 in stimulus for? This of course is Bushes fault both Sr. & Jr. and if that darn Jeb gets anywhere close to DC, it will be his fault to. Oh and don't forget it was Barbara and Laura running things behind the scenes.

Erm, TARP was signed by Bush. It needed to be topped up by Obama because Paulson utterly screwed things up from Lehman Brothers onwards. Read 'Too Big To Fail'. You might need to change your underwear afterwards.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Are you seriously trying to claim that Dubya wasn't the most catastrophically inept President since Franklin Pierce and James Buchanan???

Better to be inept than evil, and Obama has to be evil, nobody is that inept without a plan. The list of scandals goes day by day. Pleading I didn't know just doesn't work anymore. Maybe when it comes to Obama it might be better to ask what does he know? Bush doesn't hold a candle to this POTUS.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Better to be inept than evil, and Obama has to be evil, nobody is that inept without a plan. The list of scandals goes day by day. Pleading I didn't know just doesn't work anymore. Maybe when it comes to Obama it might be better to ask what does he know? Bush doesn't hold a candle to this POTUS.

Evil? Seriously? You'll be claiming that he's a sooper seekrit musl'm terror agent next! Please note the use of my words catastrophically inept. This is the man who let 9/11 happen under his nose, who put in a tax cut that was a disaster, who lit the blue touch paper that has led to the disasters playing out now in Iraq - why am I repeating my list from before? Whatever Obama's faults are - and he does have more than a few - he doesn't hold a candle to the catalogue of utter disaster that was the Bush Administration.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Erm, TARP was signed by Bush. It needed to be topped up by Obama because Paulson utterly screwed things up from Lehman Brothers onwards. Read 'Too Big To Fail'. You might need to change your underwear afterwards.

And who was in control of congress during this period?

I have already read and watched too big to fail.

TARP was 431 Billion and Obama needed to top that off double?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
The republicans will do anything to distract us from what we are doing to our veterans and jobs. Both Bushes, and Reagan used the same powers. So, why now? Where were you on the Patriot Act that actually took away freedoms?

hehehe, so you are saying that repugnants are using boehners lawsuit to cover for the demorats scandals?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

i get upset here. It is here we lost our prospefity for good and began the slide to 3rd world economic status. Wtf? Too big to fail? With the money spent on the bailouts we could have bought and paid for every house in the entire country leaving nobody homeless and destitute, except the f*****g bankers.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Do you wanna know why he is more evil than gwb? Because he is following through to completion everything gwb started.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Evil? Seriously? You'll be claiming that he's a sooper seekrit musl'm terror agent next! Please note the use of my words catastrophically inept. This is the man who let 9/11 happen under his nose, who put in a tax cut that was a disaster, who lit the blue touch paper that has led to the disasters playing out now in Iraq - why am I repeating my list from before? Whatever Obama's faults are - and he does have more than a few - he doesn't hold a candle to the catalogue of utter disaster that was the Bush Administration.

You guys are all the same no matter what happens, the scandals, the lies, broken promises, it doesn't matter you always end up at bush and deflect the real problem here. This is today, I can't change yesterday, even though you want to dwell and wallow in it. Take a look around, Bush is out of office, history, in the books, it not pretty but it is the here and now. Quit deflecting, changing the subject, and own up to the fact this guy is evil. Evil does two things lies, and makes promises it never intends to keep. Here is where he really is king.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: manna2

Actually, I hope they will keep this up and keep attacking the President with lawsuits and impeachment. He will be gone when anything happens and the democrats will have all three branches of government again. Mark my words.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Then if you've read the book you should KNOW that TARP was a necessary evil. And if you know anything about the financial industry then you should know that the total for TARP was fuzzier than a box of fuzzy things. Do you know how badly the financial industry screwed up when it came to assessing the losses from CDOs and CDSs?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You guys are all the same no matter what happens, the scandals, the lies, broken promises, it doesn't matter you always end up at bush and deflect the real problem here. This is today, I can't change yesterday, even though you want to dwell and wallow in it. Take a look around, Bush is out of office, history, in the books, it not pretty but it is the here and now. Quit deflecting, changing the subject, and own up to the fact this guy is evil. Evil does two things lies, and makes promises it never intends to keep. Here is where he really is king.

Evil??? Seriously??? Oh come on, do you have the slightest idea how long it takes to repair things after a President screws things up? Answer me this - are you defending the Bush Administration? Yes or no?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: manna2

Actually, I hope they will keep this up and keep attacking the President with lawsuits and impeachment. He will be gone when anything happens and the democrats will have all three branches of government again. Mark my words.
consider them marked. I guess you will be counting on everybody being on welfare or being here illegaly but allowed to vote by then. Heh, probably right, probably right. You can hope for a big false flag to get there maybe...possibly suspend the elections, demonize your sibling counter parts and imprison them....thats something you could hope for. Other than the part about everyone on welfare. You don't have to hope, it is allready in motion. You don't have to wait long on that one

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Then if you've read the book you should KNOW that TARP was a necessary evil. And if you know anything about the financial industry then you should know that the total for TARP was fuzzier than a box of fuzzy things. Do you know how badly the financial industry screwed up when it came to assessing the losses from CDOs and CDSs?
you have got to be kidding me? There is no such thing as a necessary evil.
I will repeat. The money spent on bailing out thesedomestic and FOREIGN OWNED BANKS could have paid off the mortgages of every household in this country. And the banks did it all fraudulently. Mers is illegal. Every mortgage that went through it is illegal and the tenant deserves the house, not the crooks that stole it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join