It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deceased Lockheed Martin CEO claimed that we are already traveling amongst the stars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Aquariusdude

Was there a leak saying what the Manhattan project was about?
Did you read the links?

But we aren't talking about all the "details", are we?

from your link

"Did the Axis powers notice this? If they did, they don’t seem to have done much with it. Which highlights an important aspect of Manhattan Project secrecy, in a way: how lucky it was. There were a tremendous number of puzzle pieces out there for an enemy power to notice and put together regarding the bomb effort. It was not quite so perfectly secret as we often talk of it as being. We know it was possible to put some of the pieces together, because the Soviets did it, and even a few others did it. (I’m in the process of writing an article about some of the successful efforts, so more on that later.) Groves wanted a hegemonic, all-encompassing, all-controlling secrecy regime. Understandably, he couldn’t accomplish that — but he pulled off just enough that, with a bit of luck, the project stayed more or less below the water line"

Puzzle pieces...there was never any ONE source of information that leaked the entire project out...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
How would amateur astronomers pick up on secret space craft? look at the stealth bomber at night is it detectable with optics or the naked eye? No its not its not like these craft would be operating with there lights on. Also how would radio operators pick up on most likely highly encrypted transmissions? you would need the super computing power of the NSA probably to crack those..your average radio ham operator would not have the power to do this. And I don't get power transmissions.

originally posted by: peck420
So...all the amateur astronomers in on the secret? Hell, the pro's from other countries?

Radio operators?

Everybody engaged in power transmission?

These are all people that would be well aware of anything in our neighborhood producing enough energy to 'travel the stars'.

Nobody is space traveling in secret. Anybody that thinks so is blissfully unaware of what it would take to make that travel possible, and just how visible it would be from the planet. To give you a good idea...using the latest materials (most of which aren't even being produced by the scientists that invented them yet, let alone top secret military programs) the craft required to travel the stars would be easily visible, by the human eye...on the ground.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrJohnSmith
It just would'nt be possible to keep advanced technology secret, too many people would be working on it, human nature being what it is.

Even thou I lean towards this being fake or at least miss interpreted I think it would be pretty easy to hide if we assume for a moment that this is true. It would be pretty easy to hide if none of those people working on it lived on earth
I mean how manny people would really work on such top secret projects ? 100? 500 ? maybe a 1000 ? That is not a lot for a small habitat on a distant space station, planet or asteroid .

Like I wrote the above paragraph only applies if one would believe we have the technology to build such a place (which would not be that hard if we had the tech to transport resources efficent)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think its a little strange that all the references of Ben Rich saying all of this stuff come from second hand sources but none have any direct quotes. Seems like wishful thinking by the UFO crowd.

I agree with Phages assessment.

That being said. I do know we have something that's waaaaaaaay beyond a new black project steath bomber or aurora flying around. I've seen it. I have no proof and even if I did I sure as hell wouldn't post it publicly ever. But I can assure you we do indeed have something extremely advanced and exotic. I however have no idea if it is capable of interstellar travel or even high altitude orbit. But it's very, very advanced.

But even I say the Ben Rich quotes are bunk. That being said Ben definitely knew more about the subject then probably most out there. But he also seemed like the type to keep a secret that amazing all the way to his grave.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Granted !

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I think its a little strange that all the references of Ben Rich saying all of this stuff come from second hand sources but none have any direct quotes. Seems like wishful thinking by the UFO crowd.

I agree with Phages assessment.

That being said. I do know we have something that's waaaaaaaay beyond a new black project steath bomber or aurora flying around. I've seen it. I have no proof and even if I did I sure as hell wouldn't post it publicly ever. But I can assure you we do indeed have something extremely advanced and exotic. I however have no idea if it is capable of interstellar travel or even high altitude orbit. But it's very, very advanced.

But even I say the Ben Rich quotes are bunk. That being said Ben definitely knew more about the subject then probably most out there. But he also seemed like the type to keep a secret that amazing all the way to his grave.

Please tell us the details of what you have seen! very interested.I believe most UFO sightings are ours..

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aquariusdude
How would amateur astronomers pick up on secret space craft? look at the stealth bomber at night is it detectable with optics or the naked eye? No its not its not like these craft would be operating with there lights on.

X-37 was tracked from the first launch until today, by amateur astronomers. And, if you think that anything we can build with our latest tech is going to be that small...lol...the current SMALLEST designs are magnitudes larger than the X-37.

Also how would radio operators pick up on most likely highly encrypted transmissions? you would need the super computing power of the NSA probably to crack those..your average radio ham operator would not have the power to do this. And I don't get power transmissions.

You don't get it because you are completely unaware of the power requirements. It's not going to be a couple chemical booster, we are talking petajoules of energy required. This is around the same amount of energy released by the Tsar Bomb (to get us to crawl speed in spacial terms)...it will be noticed.

As for the power transmission lines, they will notice for the same reason that they notice solar flares.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Encrypted or not, there is still something to pick up. That's why the B-2 and other stealth aircraft have their antennas retracted into the fuselage before they go into combat. Not only would it cause a bigger cross section on radar, but if they were to transmit, or someone to transmit to them, it could be picked up and located, giving away their position. You don't have to crack them to be able to locate them, and triangulate them.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

How would amateur astronomers pick up on secret space craft? look at the stealth bomber at night is it detectable with optics or the naked eye? No its not its not like these craft would be operating with there lights on.

X-37 was tracked from the first launch until today, by amateur astronomers. And, if you think that anything we can build with our latest tech is going to be that small...lol...the current SMALLEST designs are magnitudes larger than the X-37.

Also how would radio operators pick up on most likely highly encrypted transmissions? you would need the super computing power of the NSA probably to crack those..your average radio ham operator would not have the power to do this. And I don't get power transmissions.

You don't get it because you are completely unaware of the power requirements. It's not going to be a couple chemical booster, we are talking petajoules of energy required. This is around the same amount of energy released by the Tsar Bomb (to get us to crawl speed in spacial terms)...it will be noticed.

As for the power transmission lines, they will notice for the same reason that they notice solar flares.

The x37 is not as secret as a stealth bomber....www.google.com... 253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcS2efGPeJBisS-6lfdO1vAq_IQ3DutGe5Mt3nnb4RwDA69P_gHFKA%253B356%253B270%253BH_czsBJMqQCWCM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fautumnrai n2110.com%25252Fblog%25252Ftag%25252Fx-37%25252F&source=iu&usg=__OjkbjdsPfPaV8RGSIUFbHxUsUWo%3D&sa=X&ei=RWGsU-_3Mu6j8gHk9oHQBQ&ved=0CJ8BEP4dMAs&biw=19 20&bih=979#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=oyZwkQSKJmDwXM%253A%3BH_czsBJMqQCWCM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fautumnrain2110.com%252Fblog%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252 F2010%252F05%252Fx-37on-orbit.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fautumnrain2110.com%252Fblog%252Ftag%252Fx-37%252F%3B356%3B270

It is white so it will reflect light and is easily detectable in orbit we can assume if there is a super secret space program there craft would be black like a stealth bomber...also how do we know what the requirements for energy are when we don't know anything about the technology?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Encrypted or not, there is still something to pick up. That's why the B-2 and other stealth aircraft have their antennas retracted into the fuselage before they go into combat. Not only would it cause a bigger cross section on radar, but if they were to transmit, or someone to transmit to them, it could be picked up and located, giving away their position. You don't have to crack them to be able to locate them, and triangulate them.

do Ham radio operators have the ability to triangulate and locate stealth bombers?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

If they're transmitting yes. Anyone with the right types of receivers can do it, but it's not easy, and it's expensive as hell to get the equipment. A standard ham radio set isn't going to do it.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Mothership Earth....Maybe this is what he was meaning.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It is white so it will reflect light and is easily detectable in orbit we can assume if there is a super secret space program there craft would be black like a stealth bomber...also how do we know what the requirements for energy are when we don't know anything about the technology?

Yup...black makes it stealthy, and red makes it faster...

You would almost think that visual light spectrum is the only tracking method...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Here are a few quotes from a thread I started I few months ago after a strange sighting I saw. The thread is in the Grey Area. Putting quotes of my actual sighting description to save you from having to read through the whole thread.

Got a lot of interesting IM's regarding it. The consensus is I saw one of ours. And, it's something of ours that is not talked about due to it's exoticness.

First Sighting:

"I was walking down hill heading South I'm naturally looking up at the sky just checking things out. My gaze is sorta fixed right around 45 degrees elevation looking up at the stars when suddenly a perfect triangle with pale baby blue lights on each corner and a dull grey middle that's blocking out the sky behind it, zooms from behind me over my right shoulder, passes over head heading south, south east, (going from my right to my left) and then banks about 45 degrees to it's right and turns out over the ocean heading south west and disappears over the horizon This thing crossed the entire sky in under two seconds. Was about the size of a nickel held out at arms length and was absolutely dead silent. I mean dead silent. No contrail. No nothing." ...

" Also the lights it had seemed to be going behind a few low wispy clouds here and there that were in the sky at the time." ..."Whatever it was it was very fast and very quiet. And there was a smoothness to how it flew. It seemed to be coming down the coast from Malibu/ Topanga area towards Long Beach but turned just before it reached LAX and then headed out to sea. One of the strangest things I've seen in a long time. " ..." Somebody out there is doing a really, really good job designing aircraft. This would have needed a breakthrough in propulsion. It travelled an estimated distance of 6 miles (Topanga area to just short of LAX. Figuring 6 miles.) Did it in just under two seconds. Dead quiet about it. "...

"It was that perfect triangle shape. I could see this things silhouette. It was not perceived to be a "triangle" because I was seeing the shape of the running lights on a plane. This thing was indeed a perfect triangle. " ...

"The triangle had no center light. It did not seem like it was "ours". It moved way too fast and was too silent and way too smooth. Like you mentioned it did not seem to be tearing threw the sky. It had the fluidity of say a search light when it sweeps through the sky, where as it travels fast but doesn't seem to be interacting with any of the actual atmospheric medium (other than reflecting a bright light) This was similar in how it moved. It seem completely unobstructed by the atmosphere. Just zoomed right threw it."...

"When I say I saw the craft bank I'm describing its flight path. Straight then curving the last third of the way 45 degrees and heading out over the ocean. The craft it's self didn't bank like a plane, where one wing would dip down. This thing seemed to rotate as is flew yawing to the right like a car fishtailing / drifting through a turn. Or sorta like the triangle shaped fighter in that old 80's arcade game Astroids. how the fighter would turn on its axis. I sorta seemed like it did that, but really smoothly. Hard to explain."...

Second Sighting same craft:
"I see initially what I think to be a flock of birds flying towards me, originating from the exact part of the sky I saw the craft appear last time, guess it was taking the same course. (traveling towards me from 1 o'clock sailing overhead and going over the horizon at 4:30ish o'clock.) I say this because the first split second I saw this thing it was four pale blue lights that were blurry like they were coming out of the fog or something, and thy were packed close together like a "v".

Anyways a half second or less later it becomes apparent that it is not a flock of birds but the same damned craft I saw last time. It's the same triangle with three lights on it but I'm viewing it this time head on and low. This time it seemed impossibly low (either that or the craft is VERY large) and the blue lights unblurred like they were free of the "fog" and the fourth light mentioned was trailing slightly behind it to it's aft port side. (trailing maybe half the length of the craft) The fourth lone light was strange because it seemed to move independent of the craft. And it stayed "blurred" longer than the other three forming the triangle.

Anyways, the fourth light caught up to the triangle and either disappeared behind the triangle or merged with it somehow.

by this time the craft was directly overhead traveling west inland toward the east. It then banked gently to the left with one side dipping down like a normal plane and disappeared over the horizon blurring again. Note it was a clear night with no marine layer or any other type of haze that would make the crafts light fuzzy/blurry looking.

The craft remained at the same speed the whole time. Was lower than last time because it was twice the size in the sky as before. It was absolutely silent to the point I wonder if it had any type of jets on it or if the jets were idled down so much because the crafts other propulsion aiding mechanisms allow for it to maintain speed with less effort from the engines. I mean this thing was as silent as a searchlight arcing across the sky. And maybe even faster. "

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

i see

talking about amateur astronomers tracking with telescopes a white object easily reflects light and is easily track able a black object at night is very difficult if not impossible to detect with the naked eye or optics..your average person doesn't own a radar array lol(and even if they did would be very difficult to pick up a stealth craft)
edit on pmqupmThu, 26 Jun 2014 14:08:46 -050008u4626u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

wow amazing sightings! I really believe they were one of ours...Whether or not the source of the original story is true or not(leaning towards true) I believe we have far more advanced craft then the publicly acknowledged by our government. To think the stealth bomber and blackbird was top secret what 40 years ago? Imagine what the military has by now.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: baboo

Baboo,

Your youtube video didn't work very interested in what you may have posted..
edit on pmq000000pmThu, 26 Jun 2014 14:10:32 -0500100000003226000000 by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

If you know the approximate launch angle of the rocket, you can figure out the orbital angle, and eventually figure out about where and when it should be overhead.
edit on 6/26/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If you know the approximate launch angle of the rocket, you can figure out the orbital angle, and eventually figure out about where and when it should be overhead.

who said anything about the technology utilizing rockets?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join