It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7,500 Years Old "Toy Car"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Can anyone here shed some light on this opart. I have not seen it before. I do not know if it is real or a hoax.... I guess it could be some kind of chariot for a horse or something. Stone dolls and whistles where also found at the same dig. Sorry I do not have anymore information on where the dig took place..

Generations of people still believe that the oldest organized civilizations are those that lived in the Middle East, parts of China and groups scattered throughout the world. Before 3,000 years – we are told that man lived in caves. Here is an example of the wheel, attached to a small toy car of some type that was found to be 7,500 years old. It is older than anything I have found in Central or South America that has wheels, and may have once been formed from clay, (and has turned to stone)."

humansarefree.com/2013/09/7500-years-old-toy-car-earliest.html

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Cool find

If this isn't a hoax, this is interesting for a number of reasons. The accepted timeline again, would need to be revised. Wheels, toys, or even a prototype suggest that primitive man had a much more advanced understanding than they are given credit for.

Presumably if this is a toy, then it must be imitating larger, already existing models....

Flintstone cars anyone?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Looks like a 4 wheeled chariot of sorts, very odd for that time (not that we know all that much about it accurately).

Cool though

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

I am not saying its a car.. But it looks more like a car than a chariot to me....

purp..

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Its pretty well preserved for such an age without ever having been seen before.

I call CGI.. Clay Geometric Imaging.

?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

I am not saying its a car.. But it looks more like a car than a chariot to me....

purp..

I would say it's a chariot. There have been similar toy chariots found that date from early Sumeria:

sumerianshakespeare.com...

(visit the link for more images).

I seem to recall reading somewhere that certain types of chariots were built with staggered wheels similar to the ones shown in your OP (where the front set and the back set of wheels are different widths). If I remember correctly, this was done to improve the turning radius of the chariot. I think it might have been in one of David Rohl's books but I can't remember off the top of my head which book. Basically, the wider set of wheels is the front of the chariot (and the horses would be in front of them pulling it) and provides more stability, while the more narrow set at the back helps tighten the turning radius.

Either way, even if it's a toy chariot it's quite remarkable if the estimated date is accurate.
edit on 26-6-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It looks like flying saucers docking with their mother ship.

or a buggy, perhaps they rode them downhill for fun.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
There are four wheel carts that have been around for millenia, but most chariots I am aware of have been depicted with two wheels...

The original chariot was a fast, light, open, two-wheeled conveyance drawn by two or more horses that were hitched side by side.

Chariot

edit on 26-6-2014 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Its not CGI its a real object
You can see it in here
LINK

But as we can see it has no patina whatsoever, i bet its carved later, sure the stone can date thousands years back but what should be investigated is what kind of tools were used ( possible modern ). When you look at frontside picture you can see a chipped area near left side back tire.. it looks pretty new..

more likely a hoax.. looks like a F1 car in the frontside.. grins
edit on 26-6-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

I dont think its in question whether the object is real or not...

purp...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

If it was made out of a clay that how now turned to stone maybe no or very basic tools where used. Clay is easy to fashion..

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

It is hard to say. From your link, you get a good front view and it appears that the front has no sleeve for the axle and has likely been broken. It is just sitting on an axle. It may have been wide in the front as in the back before it broke. I am pretty sure the axles in all of the examples are part of the display/repair process, and the patina could well be dependent on the how well the clay cleans up in the excavation/clean-up.

I don't see why it couldn't be real, but "car" is just a descriptive word. Toy "Cart" would be a better term. Long before we had cars, we had 4-wheeled carts. There is nothing to indicate this was modeled after a self-powered vehicle. If anything, it kind of looks like a baby carriage with the partial cover at the head.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Can anyone here shed some light on this opart. I have not seen it before. I do not know if it is real or a hoax.... I guess it could be some kind of chariot for a horse or something. Stone dolls and whistles where also found at the same dig. Sorry I do not have anymore information on where the dig took place..

Generations of people still believe that the oldest organized civilizations are those that lived in the Middle East, parts of China and groups scattered throughout the world. Before 3,000 years – we are told that man lived in caves. Here is an example of the wheel, attached to a small toy car of some type that was found to be 7,500 years old. It is older than anything I have found in Central or South America that has wheels, and may have once been formed from clay, (and has turned to stone)."

humansarefree.com/2013/09/7500-years-old-toy-car-earliest.html

Amazing find!

I hope this is just complete truth, no smoke and mirrors or any fabricated nonsense.
It's clear primitive man, was not so primitive....

The longer we deny this, the more primitive we become...
Ignorance is not a virtue when the path you're walking leads to self demise

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Lets put two items which were found

toy car

Stone tablet

There is also a 5 centimeter stone, which was uncovered at an excavation site at the Girnavas Mound, 4km from the historic district of Nusaybin. Inscription on stone is 2,800 years old and describes about selling of a garden.

Something doesnt add up..

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
wooow 7500 years old ? i thought the wheel was invented in around 3500 BC

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
i honestly dont think its anything special, the wheel has been around since the dawn of man, i can assure you. someone somewhere got real tired of lugging their crap around, noticed how things roll down hills and made a wheel.

this seems to be a childs toy, made by a child. the reason i say that, is if you are an advanced civilization capable of making cars, i doubt youd sculpt your prototype so horribly .

probably a kid with a good imagination.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
First thing I notice is that the wheels, front view, appear relatively eqi-distant apart. Cultivation/seed sowing tool could be a possibility.

or kick-ass roller skates.

either way, very cool find mate. S&F

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
And as we can see, ladies and gentlemen, thats why we still love convertibles above all else till this day!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

purp..

Seeing as only the most uneducated would suggest that 3,000 years ago we only lived in caves, I'm a little cautious how much credibility to give to the rest of the article.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Fred flintstone had a car with logs as wheels. This one has thin rimmed wheels, it looks more like a horse buggy than a car. Who knows what they used to pull it. I still wonder why the Indians didn't use wheels much in this country long ago. They had the knowledge of it from others. I suppose if you do not really need something, why make it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join