It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

U.S. Marine Asked His Bootcamp Buddy to Watch His House While He Was Stationed Overseas & He Never C

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:20 PM
a reply to: snarky412
Well! Its a nice change from all the depressing threads or the doom & gloom which seeps and permeates a majority of ATS threads these days.

No joke this site is even getting depressing for me, what with all the gloomy gloom's and worry wort's around here, and I have seen some # which is much more mind bending then any thread ever put up here. Been there and back, and gone around again. Were did all the happy threads go? I much prefer the aliens ate my sandwich threads to all the half assed gloom threads, much more enlightening content in those threads.

But anyways! S&F

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:24 PM

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The topic is about someone doing something good for someone, not about soldiers, or ISIS, or Iraq, or anything else. I strongly suggest we get back on topic and STAY THERE, or there will be consequences. No back and forth, no insulting other members, nothing but a nice civil discussion about the TOPIC.

Do not reply to this post.

And FTR, those who just cannot or will not follow the above...Posting Bans will be next.

Do not reply to this post, either.

(post by Evanzsayz removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:48 PM

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:49 PM
With all the horrifying and sad events unfolding these days--from wars where we're funding terrorists like ISIS, never-ending political scandals, eroding liberty and even the developed world's infatuation with empty-headed celebrities--it is really cool to read a story like this....I hope it's true.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:58 PM
a reply to: greavsie1971

nev not worth my time mods please delete
edit on 6/26/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:49 PM
I don't know about other branches as I've not served in them, but I can probably guess they're the same. The Marine Corps truly is a brotherhood. I've got friends that I've served with that I still contact now and again and it's great. These are friends for life. People that will give the shirt off their back to help you out. This is a great example of that and it's great to see good things like this happen.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:55 PM
a reply to: LittleByLittle

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:05 PM

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Sweet! I wish the whole world operated like this. If anyone cared enough every person in need of a roof or a fix on something, it could be done until your whole town was upgraded and all working together and donating together it would take almost no time or money from each of us.

Isn't it amazing what can be done when people set their minds to it!!
I like your way of thinking...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:32 PM
Might be the only time i aprove of a reality show if it were to happen.
Veterans could use the help,since their country usually thanks them with a not-so-swift death at the hands of hyper aggresive,steroid snacking law enforcement officers.

Or how I like to call them,Pigs.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:52 PM
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

a reply to: sulaw

Thanks guys...

I guess if it had been just a regular Joe, no Military attachment involved, it might not have upset the few that it did

Usually the ones that are anti-gun are also anti-Military, usually but not always it seems, so I'm not surprised but just disappointed at some of the remarks

Even TDawg had to take a break from it, poor thing....LOL
*scratches ears*

On topic
It was a nice gesture this friend did for his buddy, that many others could learn from
Maybe not to that extreme, but there are other ways of helping people out

People, as a whole, coming together, is the message I got from this story, regardless of being Military or not
When helping one another becomes a bad thing, we're in a state of trouble

Much respect~

edit on 26-6-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:30 PM
Amazing story.

I also .. sigh .. to you know who.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:53 PM
Thanks OP. This is what it is about.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:56 PM

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
I am not pro military at all but this is a story of one person being nice/generous to another.
I can't say he doesn't deserve it because he is a soldier. When there are so many bad stories in the news I can't understand the negativity of some people reactions to this. Maybe a bit of envy ?

What we cannot stomach, is the very fact these guys are trained to death to follow orders they cannot question, is absolutely no reason for us to cheer the fact that they do not get paid enough... that they are somehow more heroic people...

That the bond they share that was basically POUNDED into them, is something we need to feel good about anymore than helping out ANYONE ELSE ?

This thread chest thumps about how strong and great the brotherhood is.....

I wonder really why the chain of command is used in this way, to make sure no one gets out of line of the Supreme Leaders who give them the marching orders.

How can people not see that America is being used for one thing only ? The ONLY reason it still lives on , is its total Military Involvement with everything on this planet, FOMENTING wars as a means to survival... CAUSING radical ISLAM.

Reminds me of a Famous Quote by a Powerful Freemason....

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:27 PM
The fact that dude said he didn't deserve it, and he expressed his sadness for his brothers who died, and that the soldiers who didn't come back in one piece deserved it more than he did, shows what a good person this guy is. And WOW! What is with all the military HATE in this thread? I understand that you get what you sign up for, but holy #. Yall are some hardcore haters. Your defense is that what they do is in another country or that they would kill civilians on a single order is laughable. Yeah, they're in another country, who cares? Was WWII fought in America? NO. And if you really think that a majority of sailors/airmen/marines/soldiers would seriously wipe out the people that they are defending just like that.. It makes me sad. Sad for this country and what the people of it have become. BLESS OUR TROOPS.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:18 PM
a reply to: ParasuvO

That the bond they share that was basically POUNDED into them, is something we need to feel good about anymore than helping out ANYONE ELSE ?

This thread chest thumps about how strong and great the brotherhood is.....

Men in general, have deeper friendship-bonds than women do IMO

When in the military --per my honey-- the bond has nothing to do with being 'forced'

It has to do with 'Trust'....literally
Your life is in their hands
Their life is in your hands

And the hell they go through together is what adds to the already deep bond
Knowing that they are there for each other when there is no one else

When they get out, for those that make it, those men are the only ones that understand and know what each one endured

Of course, not all military personnel are on the battlefield fighting, so we can't or rather shouldn't lump all into one group

Regular folks like me, can't even begin to understand their experience
But I respect them just the same

What this Man did for his buddy shouldn't be diminished just because they are Veterans
Wish more people would help others as he did, military or not, he sets a good example

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:28 AM
a reply to: ParasuvO

You know nothing, Jon SnowParasuvO.

When was the last time you had a friend house sit for you and raise money to remodel your broken down house? When was the last time you even saw someone do this that wasn't for some trumped up reality show?

You speak about bonds that you know nothing about. These bonds aren't just built because of stressful mental training for war. These bonds are often built through common hardships that extend past rigorous training for combat and often include displeasure over the often perceived unfair treatment of the lower ranks. It's a bond that is built from living and working with same people for years in a close proximity. It's a bond built from being with people going through the same thing that can relate. It's no different than two kids growing up together. In fact, it's pretty much akin to that. These are a lot of kids who have chosen (in some cases were made to choose) to be a part of the military and actually grow up to be productive adults. Do you think every Marine, soldier, sailor and airman are just blood thirsty beasts that can't turn it off? These are people, too. Just like you. Just like everyone you know. Nothing makes them different.

When it comes to following orders, trust me, unlawful orders are not followed. Most of the time. We're only human.

So, please, get off your soap box as I get off of mine and lets just enjoy seeing something beautiful here. Take away the military tag, and you have one human being (with the help of many more) helping another human being.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:46 AM

Awesome thing to do for his friend, and a great example of taking care of one another. All with no government help, too! THIS is what we need more of in this country!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:11 AM

originally posted by: greavsie1971

originally posted by: KnowledgeSeeker81
Stories like this give me faith in humanity, thanks for the share.

> People trained to kill other people being nice to each other? Gives you faith in humanity?

It would be nice to see people helping strangers. It would be nice if these people stopped killing brown people.

Sorry, no time for people acting all nice when in the military! If you decide to choose a profession killling people you are NOT a nice person.

Despite your despicable comment I still have faith in humanity, you should really go sit quietly and think about life in the mean time...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:09 AM
That's what i like about you are generous to a fault....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>