It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Video: Mom beaten as toddler tries to intervene

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

I think you are missing the distinction between defending yourself from an unprovoked attack and attacking someone for a perceived slight.

The woman in the McD's uniform is the perceived aggressor in the video. She starts the attack as far as anyone can see.

The woman getting beaten is the one on the receiving end of the other woman's aggression. If she drew a gun and used before trying to fight back in any other way, it's self defense.

Now if the first woman did walk up and shoot her, it would be murder or armed assault or manslaughter or something like it.

If the woman who is seen being beaten throws the first punch and starts the attack and the woman in the uniform then draws a gun before fighting back, SHE would be the one defending herself from unprovoked attack.

Up until then, it's all just words for both parties.

When you're talking about a gun, you better make sure you use it in defense only, never to be aggressive.

And why would you assume I need to fight? Why would you also assume I even own a gun just because I understand the need for people who deal with uncivilized folks to have them for their own defense.

edit on 26-6-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
disgusting trash. should be pushed off a cliff.

eta and her posse.
edit on 26/6/14 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

They americans are afraid of intervening in case they get shot though it was not always that way there and sadly that is the way our country has gone too as you know.
Several years back my neighbour whom was a retired fire fighter (fire man as we say) intervened on a packed train in liverpool when two big mixed race guys mugged an elderly man, no one attempted to help the old man but he of course being a good samaritan tried to intervene, now he is not a small guy himself but for his trouble he was beaten badly and had a broken arm, the most angering thing about this is go back just 15 years and everyone would have stood up to protect that old man so this self centered culture of ours has gotten well and truly out of hand, I think regardless of our political difference you would agree on this.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Yet I got called a sociopath (joking or not) for laughing at the kid fighting back......I guess shooting the girl is the answer.....I wish they would do more thorough mental checks before giving people guns.

I'm confused with your double standard. You've already admitted earlier that you are "easily entertained". So doesn't it stand to reason that since you found it humorous that a woman was being savagely beaten, kicked, spat upon and having the safety of her toddler threatened that you would therefore be manically laughing if the attacker was shot on top of it?

I highly doubt thats what they meant, your making the comment that was made seem even worse now, im not saying it was in any way funny i think my opinion is obvious by now that i think the video is disgusting and i feel really sad for that little kid but your twisting words! And thats a horrible assumption to make about someone.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Its a black ghetto culture thing. Her momma behaved this way, her mommas momma and her mommas mommas momma did the same. And all three generations are prolly only 30 years apart.

Its a black ghetto thing.

Not a black thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

On the flip side of that, I was at a Reading vs Man City game during the 2012/13 season and on of the Manc's leapt over the barrier and pummelled one of our chaps.

This was a shock as not only is violence rare these days, but Reading is a family club so there were plenty of kids present - including two of my own.

Needless to say, several chaps leapt to this guys aid, myself included and we collared the fella responsible then handed him over to the Stewards to deal with.

So there are still some out there that will help someone in need. That said, the vast majority just sort of watched in some sort of dazed stupor.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Oh, it's just black on white crime. Nobody cares.

But seriously, when the toddler is the only one doing something besides being entertained by this is a good sign that things in this world are seriously messed up.

Don't be a hero. It ain't worth it. Just sit there and watch as things get nasty because it's just like on TV!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
www.scribd.com... link to the warrant for her arrest

topconservativenews.com... this link is labeling it as a hate crime

www.philly.com... this link talks about how the assailant wanted the attack filmed(premeditation should increase her charges) and she threatend to kill the toddler so i hope nothing but bad horrible things happen to this animal

The victim's toddler son can be seen crying for the attacker to stop while trying to kick her in the shins. The suspect shoots back, "you better get your son before I kick him in the f-----g face."

Responding officers found the victim disoriented, confused and covered in blood. She told investigators that she had been assaulted by a McDonald's employee named Tia, who accused her of spreading rumors about her and her manager, police said. The attack left the victim with limited function in her left eye, according to a warrant for Harris' arrest. Harris is also accused of threatening to shoot the woman during the beating, the warrant states. Salem City Police Chief John Pelura III issued a statement calling the videotaped attack "physically sickening to watch." "Unfortunately, arrests aren't going to change anything long-term," Pelura III said. "There is a moral and social breakdown in the fabric of our society which is clearly evident when a woman gets pummeled in broad daylight in front of her child while a dozen people pull out their phones to record the incident instead of calling for help. There is so little regard for human life - by the actor and the bystanders." Read more at www.philly.com...
ah she also threatened to shoot the victim

so we have terrorist threats,felony assault(premeditated)and she threatened to kill a small child she has lost her job and evidently fled her home and now shes a fugitive,lets hope when she is caught a judge throws the book at her and she gets locked up in the crappiest prison they cant find for her

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Good, hope she goes away for awhile

Oh the irony here

She then spits on the victim and walks away while asking those taping the incident not to post it online. Several bystanders were caught on camera recording the beating with their cell phones instead of calling authorities.

Yet, what did they do????
Posted it online on FB

Which helped investigators
Sometimes people's stupidity comes back to bite them in their azz. LOL

The internet/social media is a good example of a 'love/hate relationship'

I like what the Police Chief said:
"There is a moral and social breakdown in the fabric of our society which is clearly evident when a woman gets pummeled in broad daylight in front of her child while a dozen people pull out their phones to record the incident instead of calling for help. There is so little regard for human life - by the actor and the bystanders."

Nuff said...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Why are african americans in the USA so darn aggresive all the time?
Slavery was abolished many years ago, however, inhuman discrimination (water filters for blacks,bathrooms for blacks etc) went on for quite some time after that,in fact it was barely a few decades ago,less than one would think that the civil rights movements made a large dent on the extremely racist and segregated society America was not too long ago.
Racism didn't stop there,we all know this. People just had to shut up about it,be less vocal and open about it,but the problem is still there sadly. I'm talking about the seemingly perpetual "black vs white" or "white vs black" social conflict going on to this day. It looks like Malcolm X was a bit more absorbed than Luther King was. Sadly,the easiest way to get people to move and support something is with negative emotions like hatred,bigotry and the illusion that things can never be different and coexistance is out of the question. Racism is working both ways,A.Americans also discriminate against Whites and viceversa.

African americans here in latin america ,for example,act like humans,not trying to "represent" or make a statement out of every breath and action. What are people trying to prove?

Note to Mods: Please consider this a comment based on demographic segmentation rather than racial profiling,bigotry,discrimination or idiocy. I also tried to keep the vocabulary as neutral as possible,however I'm not American and i don't know what vocabulary i should use.

Note to readers who might be interested: I'm a latino, my father's parents were from Spain,my mother's parents are native american from the Andes and Wayuu region.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
her facebook page Latia-Harris :

www.facebook.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jaytay

I doubt that is her facebook page.....

Peace

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
ah well

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

Yet I got called a sociopath (joking or not) for laughing at the kid fighting back......I guess shooting the girl is the answer.....I wish they would do more thorough mental checks before giving people guns.

I'm confused with your double standard. You've already admitted earlier that you are "easily entertained". So doesn't it stand to reason that since you found it humorous that a woman was being savagely beaten, kicked, spat upon and having the safety of her toddler threatened that you would therefore be manically laughing if the attacker was shot on top of it?

Nice attempt to twist and exaggerate things..... In what video was a woman "savagely beaten".... Being easily entertained doesn't mean I like seeing innocent people shot. Whats wrong with you

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: 3u40r15m

I think you are missing the distinction between defending yourself from an unprovoked attack and attacking someone for a perceived slight.

The woman in the McD's uniform is the perceived aggressor in the video. She starts the attack as far as anyone can see.

The woman getting beaten is the one on the receiving end of the other woman's aggression. If she drew a gun and used before trying to fight back in any other way, it's self defense.

Now if the first woman did walk up and shoot her, it would be murder or armed assault or manslaughter or something like it.

If the woman who is seen being beaten throws the first punch and starts the attack and the woman in the uniform then draws a gun before fighting back, SHE would be the one defending herself from unprovoked attack.

Up until then, it's all just words for both parties.

When you're talking about a gun, you better make sure you use it in defense only, never to be aggressive.

And why would you assume I need to fight? Why would you also assume I even own a gun just because I understand the need for people who deal with uncivilized folks to have them for their own defense.

I'm just gonna make this quick. You have no idea who the actual "aggressor" was you just see a white girl getting beat up. Fact is she lost the fight. Maybe she shouldn't provoke fights when she has a kid around. Lesson learned ? Probably

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner
Its a black ghetto culture thing. Her momma behaved this way, her mommas momma and her mommas mommas momma did the same. And all three generations are prolly only 30 years apart.

Its a black ghetto thing.

Not a black thing.

I think it's a white stupidity thing.... Going around bumping your gums with a kid acting like you won't be touched.... Your comment is a good example of the result of why white people get put in their place like the girl in the video. SMH....

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Nice attempt to twist and exaggerate things..... In what video was a woman "savagely beaten".... Being easily entertained doesn't mean I like seeing innocent people shot. Whats wrong with you

Being easily 'entertained' by a situation like this one, just shows that you have a mental capacity significantly lower than the toddler in the video.

There is a reason western society is having issues, and a very large part of it is because persons like you are so easily entertained that the dog and pony show supplements the reality of anything at the drop of a hat.

You attempt to talk as if you are worldly, and seen the worst the world has to offer...you haven't. You haven't even seen anything close to what the world can degrade to, but that won't stop you from acting like your man enough for that degradation.

You are nothing more than an internet warrior, more like to leave a puddle of piss than a word of dissent if ever confronted with a large assailant, let alone a gun.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

Being easily 'entertained' by a situation like this one, just shows that you have a mental capacity significantly lower than the toddler in the video.

There is a reason western society is having issues, and a very large part of it is because persons like you are so easily entertained that the dog and pony show supplements the reality of anything at the drop of a hat.

You attempt to talk as if you are worldly, and seen the worst the world has to offer...you haven't. You haven't even seen anything close to what the world can degrade to, but that won't stop you from acting like your man enough for that degradation.

You are nothing more than an internet warrior, more like to leave a puddle of piss than a word of dissent if ever confronted with a large assailant, let alone a gun.

Ohhh now I'm Worldly? I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion based off anything I've said lol... The judging game can go two ways. You being as sensitive you are about this videos proves you have seen and done nothing. You would freak out if your 5 year old got in a fight with the neighbor kid.

Yeah I find the video entertaining, because it is... Because people fight everyday all day all over the world get over yourself. It's part of nature. And you have no idea what I've seen or done, and been.. So don't act like you have me pinned... Because whatever you're assuming "warrior keyboard" far from the truth. Better go take another psych 101 class and try again.

I'm really not on here to impress anybody, the OP put a video up, that I find funny. Well I did a few days ago when I watched it. Simple as that, if you don't like it, too bad....No need to try to insult me with your frivolous belittle nonsense like I'm some schmuck..... But keep empowering yourself on your computer, because this is the only place you will every speak tome like that.
edit on 27-6-2014 by 3u40r15m because: Typo's, nonsense

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: metodex
Why are african americans in the USA so darn aggresive all the time?
Slavery was abolished many years ago, however, inhuman discrimination (water filters for blacks,bathrooms for blacks etc) went on for quite some time after that,in fact it was barely a few decades ago,less than one would think that the civil rights movements made a large dent on the extremely racist and segregated society America was not too long ago.
Racism didn't stop there,we all know this. People just had to shut up about it,be less vocal and open about it,but the problem is still there sadly. I'm talking about the seemingly perpetual "black vs white" or "white vs black" social conflict going on to this day. It looks like Malcolm X was a bit more absorbed than Luther King was. Sadly,the easiest way to get people to move and support something is with negative emotions like hatred,bigotry and the illusion that things can never be different and coexistance is out of the question. Racism is working both ways,A.Americans also discriminate against Whites and viceversa.

African americans here in latin america ,for example,act like humans,not trying to "represent" or make a statement out of every breath and action. What are people trying to prove?

Note to Mods: Please consider this a comment based on demographic segmentation rather than racial profiling,bigotry,discrimination or idiocy. I also tried to keep the vocabulary as neutral as possible,however I'm not American and i don't know what vocabulary i should use.

Note to readers who might be interested: I'm a latino, my father's parents were from Spain,my mother's parents are native american from the Andes and Wayuu region.

This video would not be made a thread if this was white on white or black on black.... You guys are some sneaky closet racists...wow...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Having read the postings, reviewed the article and the video the following can be stated:

This is not going to go well for either of the women and ultimately there are a few things that can be stated.

While we do not know both sides of the story, but according to the articles about this what one side says what happened.

The both women were coworkers. The Woman A, the one with the toddler, stopped working that McDonalds. Woman A went back to her former place of employment and was talking with several of her coworkers. In the course of the talk, woman A, mentioned about the suspect as having been sleeping with her boss. The suspect heard such and then went after the woman A.

So that is what we can tell is the back ground. As horrifying as this was, it was ultimately unnecessary. The suspect should not have been going after a former coworker, and should never have gone that far. Nor should the people who stood around and just watch, rendering no aid or assistance. The ultimate sad part of this all is that no one wanted to protect the child from harm.

Ultimately the woman should be in jail for her actions. But there is a side note to this all.

The woman who got beat up, can and will probably sue McDonalds, to which she will ultimately win, as the person who beat her up, was wearing a McDonalds uniform and they will have to pay for such.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join