It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Video: Mom beaten as toddler tries to intervene

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

www.liveleak.com...

Police are searching for a woman ...

This is a great example of why I carry. The police would of had no trouble finding this woman mainly because corpses tend not to move too fast.

I live my life by the words of WWII Veteren Earl Jones, "The only way you’re going to stop this is you have to leave one laying in the grass.”

edit on 26-6-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

www.liveleak.com...

Police are searching for a woman ...

This is a great example of why I carry. The police would of had no trouble finding this woman mainly because corpses tend not to move too fast.

Would you have shot her....?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

I understand why you would find this funny. The kid kicking away, hitting everybody in sight.....that's funny.

Kids are funny!!

It's just like those video's where you see other people hurt themselfs and you can't help but laugh.

Like that video where some guy threatened to kill himself by climbing up this hugh antenna. He didn't seem like he was actually trying to end his life, just asking for attention. Untill he repositions himself (because he wasn't sitting comfortable I guess), slips and falls to his death anyway.......that's so freaking ironical you just have to laugh.

What is key in such situations is your level of empathy. How well are you able to place yourself in the person's situation.

It's not something you control. Some people have less others have to much empathy but it defines you as a person.

Here's a little thought experiment: You have a wife? Kids maybe? I'm sure you have a mother. Now picture your mother walking through the park and getting her face beaten in. I'm pretty sure, regardless of what caused this, you wouldn't find it funny at all.

But seperated from the context.....the kid is pretty funny.

Peace

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m

Depends. If I came upon a woman on the ground, with someone in the front mount beating her, while several other undesirables were gathered around watching/egging it on and a toddler crying for the attacker to stop hurting Mommy...

Yeah, I'd of shot her.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

a reply to: Shana91aus

I think more people would find it funny if they where actually their. And say the black girl was walking from work, the white girl just came from mac donalds and wasn't pleased with her food so she throws it in her face, (after waiting 20 minutes for her)... So the black girl molly whops her and the kid also kicks his mom in the head while shes down, because she threw his french fries at the working lady...... That to me is funny....And a real plausible storyline

Well thats the thing we dont know the whole story but she still hit her and continued too even though the toddler was upset, too me thats wrong, the whole video is just wrong, but thats just my opinion, im not judging you on yours so dont judge me on mine

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

edit on 26-6-2014 by 3u40r15m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Depends. If I came upon a woman on the ground, with someone in the front mount beating her, while several other undesirables were gathered around watching/egging it on and a toddler crying for the attacker to stop hurting Mommy...

Yeah, I'd of shot her.

And then someone would have shot you confused, thinking you where defending a bimbo who cant fight..... If two woman are fighting with no weapons, why would you shoot.... I'm confused by that??

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Yeah, I'd of shot her.

And then someone would have shot you confused, thinking you where defending a bimbo who cant fight..... If two woman are fighting with no weapons, why would you shoot.... I'm confused by that??

What part of that was a fight? That was just one person jumping and beating another person, I saw no fightback at all

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

And then someone would have shot you confused, thinking you where defending a bimbo who cant fight.....

It's possible, but it is even more possible for the victim to die from subdearal hematoma if no one acts.

If two woman are fighting with no weapons, why would you shoot....

Wrong. It is perfectly natural for people to fight. It is unacceptable to mount an opponent and continue beating them while they are unable to put up any resistance/defense and even more so to kick them in the spine after growing bored with the altercation.

I'm confused by that??

I'm sorry?

(post by 3u40r15m removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Just confused by the mentality that it's ok to shoot a girl who is beating another girls ass......when in this whole thread people are crying about kids watching.... That makes sense

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I think more people would find it funny if they where actually their. And say the black girl was walking from work, the white girl just came from mac donalds and wasn't pleased with her food so she throws it in her face, (after waiting 20 minutes for her)... So the black girl molly whops her and the kid also kicks his mom in the head while shes down, because she threw his french fries at the working lady...... That to me is funny....And a real plausible storyline

then enough said you enjoy other peoples misery ...good for you

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Why do people NOT intervene?

Because the police will always go after whoever tries to help / stop / prevent furthur harm first. It's what they are taught to do. Go for the easy target first.

Remember, No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!

I remember a car fire report where a small boy, about 2 years old, was trapped in the car. People around felt they couldn't do anything to help. A man stopped his car, kicked in the burning car window and rescued the small boy. He promptly left the scene. Who did the police want to interview? The man who rescued the boy.

People who commented on the report said 'Run! Keep running! Don't look back and DO NOT go to the police!'

Why do you think that might be?
edit on 26-6-2014 by Elliot because: spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

then enough said you enjoy other peoples misery ...good for you

No I enjoy the different behavioral patterns, and different reactions and how people behave when confronted.... Misery does love company.... Their are alot of videos of people fighting with kids around. Theirs even videos of adults making the kids fight.... I've yet to find anything but comedy from this one. Find another, I might not laugh....

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Just confused by the mentality that it's ok to shoot a girl who is beating another girls ass

I suppose I'll reiterate; if you want to go toe-to-toe with someone then fine. But one should also be able to control oneself.

...when in this whole thread people are crying about kids watching.... That makes sense

Roger that. I suppose the possibility of having a mommy that can't count past potato and #s in a bag will be less traumatizing than seeing an assailant being ventilated.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

edit on 26-6-2014 by 3u40r15m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elliot

Because the police will always go after whoever tries to help / stop / prevent furthur harm first. It's what they are taught to do. Go for the easy target first.

I think the more logical explanation would be "the bystander effect"

The bystander effect, or bystander apathy, is a social psychological phenomenon that refers to cases in which individuals do not offer any means of help to a victim when other people are present. The probability of help is inversely related to the number of bystanders. In other words, the greater the number of bystanders, the less likely it is that any one of them will help

Wiki bystander effect

Simple human nature....

Peace
edit on 26-6-2014 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I remember a car fire report where a small boy, about 2 years old, was trapped in the car. People around felt they couldn't do anything to help. A man stopped his car, kicked in the burning car window and rescued the small boy. He promptly left the scene. Who did the police want to interview? The man who rescued the boy.

Wow, that's weird because the same thing happened to me, only it ended differently...

I was driving home at ~0200hrs in my old Jeep (no top and no doors on at the time), down an old two lane highway when I got passed by a guy who was hauling ass in an older Camaro. Shortly behind him were a half-dozen highway patrol cars cresting the hill.

I pulled over to allow them to pass then began driving again. As I rounded the curve that was just past where they passed me I saw that the Camaro had spun out, hit a telephone pole and was engulfed in flames.

All the cops were just standing there. And I swear I could hear the guy SCREAMING FOR HELP!

I slammed on the brakes, threw the Jeep in neutral and sprinted over the the burning car.

I reached in the broken window, grabbed the guy (who is still SCREAMING) by the arms so as to pull him from the wreckage and degloved him from his elbows to his fingertips.

I fell on my ass, holding cooked man flesh in my hands and threw up on myself. Most of the cops laughed their asses off and two grabbed me by the neck and shoulders and drug me back.

After recovering from the shock one cop said to me, "Sometimes people just don't know that they're already dead."

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I think the more logical explanation would be "the bystander effect"

The bystander effect, or bystander apathy, is a social psychological phenomenon that refers to cases in which individuals do not offer any means of help to a victim when other people are present. The probability of help is inversely related to the number of bystanders. In other words, the greater the number of bystanders, the less likely it is that any one of them will help

Wiki bystander effect

Simple human nature....

Peace

now all that comes to mind is the "innocent bystander"

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

Can't help but notice the victim is white, all others standing around and taking the video are not.

Hot damn, someone said it! I was wondering how long it would take.
And....like another poster said, maybe ole girl's mouth was writing checks her ass just couldn't cash.

Having said that, it is a shame that she did it in front of the kids. Justified or not, the children didn't need to be present, but hey....it is what it is.

Honestly, no weapon was used, it was a fair fight (no one jumped in).......not seeing why this is really even post worthy, to be honest. Seems like something I used to see DAILY when living in less savory places than I live now.....but, I guess this is supposed to "shock" or something.
She didn't even draw blood.....not sure how "shocking" this really is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join