It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Minutes/Hours Per Day/Wk Do U Spend Reading, Thinking, Talking About ...Conspiracy Stuff?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It has . . . emerged in my awareness that I've diminshed the number of hours/minutes per day/week that I read, talk, think about--wrestle with Conspiracy issues, facts, factors, potential events etc.

I'm not quite burned out but it has grown increasingly distasteful and burdensome.

I have mixed feelings about this.

There's a lot to be said about WHATSOEVER THINGS ARE LOVELY, a blessing, kind, true, of good report, THINK ON THOSE THINGS.

It's a challenge to find conspiracy stuff that fits that criteria.

Yet, I try and keep an eye on maybe the more important 1% of such stuff. It's, to me, foolish to be blind and clueless about the trends and growing escalations of the

PTB's conspiracy related actions . . . particularly the dramatic violent ones; the false flags; the trumped-up and manipulated war mongering etc.

Yet I wonder . . . How many folks with families spend more time wrestling with conspiracy stuff than they do eye to eye contact loving on their family members--particularly their children?

That's a ragingly critical question that I hope many respond to.

What worth is it to try and prep fittingly for our resources, time and energy . . . if we can't even maintain a loving functional bondedness with our closest family members?

And, a related question . . . how many men have a truly emotionally connected and bonded relationship with another MAN?

It seems to me that it's all well and good to prep with and for family. However, one family on its own in looming scenarios might not fare well. It may well be a survival issue for the men in a cluster of families to have VERY CLOSE, BONDED, TRUSTING RELATIONSHIPS of long standing.

And, psychologically, emotionally, men with close friendships have better marriages, as well.

So I guess I'm trying to

1. encourage ATSers to consider these two huge spheres of our lives . . . prepping for looming NWO traumas in fitting ways per our unique abilities and situations

and

2. Insure that we are actively and successfully loving those we are closest to day by day. How functional is it to try and help save someone's life* who hates our guts because they've felt neglected, not understood and unloved by those who's role it is to MOST love, attend to and understand them? *(In a TEOTWAWKI situation)

3. See if a good representation of ATSers have thought about such issues and/or at least foster their thinking about it and hopefully shoring up their attending to those closest to them in loving ways ALONG WITH fitting prepping.

4. See what the realities might be statistically in terms of those who respond--if it's more than 24 or so, as I hope it will be.

5. So, again, basically

HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU DEVOTE TO WRESTLING WITH CONSPIRACY STUFF AND RELATED PREPPING

VS

HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU DEVOTE TO ACTIVELY AFFECTIONATELY WITH A GOOD AMOUNT OF EYE-TO-EYE LOVING CONTACT . . . with your closest loved ones?

edit on 25/6/2014 by BO XIAN because: added /week

edit on 25/6/2014 by BO XIAN because: /bold tag not working

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It depends on what you consider conspiracies and what you consider normal everyday practices in America. Now, healthcare is a big business, non-profit or not, they make more money if people are sick. They gain from people donating to help other people also. The tactics utilized by politics are not conspiracies, the desire for power and corruption in this country are not conspiracies, they are normal everyday actions by individuals.

Coverups are normal everyday things throughout this country, they aren't really even conspiracies. If they were considered conspiracies, then you have to include all coverups that happen as conspiracies. That is probably a half a million a day.

Maybe we should just say the US is a conspiracy site, one where conspiracies are normal every day life. ATS is just a real breaking news site, more trustworthy than MSM

Seeing eye to eye with your wife is impossible most times. If you think you are accomplishing that on a regular basis, you are disillusioned and should be taking antipsychotic drugs..

edit on 25-6-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
My kids all grown now and have families of their own .. make the rounds visiting them on my annual trips downriver .. they keep trying talk me into staying with them keep telling them prefer my solitude out in the boonies and still more than capable of taking care of myself ..
Outlived most of my friends ..

As to thinking about conspiricy related things it depends if have real world matters to tend to i dont think about the conspiricy stuff .. when nothing much going on will drop in here and see if anything new and interesting has popped up ..

As to prepping nope .. pretty much self sufficient out here .

Good thread ..

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
My closest loved one is a woman who has had one of the hardest life tales of anyone I've ever known personally. She lost her parents in a house fire at 7 years old. She was bounced between various institutions and at times lived like an animal. A real sad case. She has grown to adulthood with an elementary school education, but has a natural intelligence and perception of her surroundings that I find fascinating. I love her as a friend with no conditions attached. I think this confuses her at times because of all of the scumbags she has had to deal with to survive. It makes my day to make her laugh.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
About 20 minutes on average.

I'm too busy actually working for a living, and loving my family to spend any more energy on circle jerk nonsense, which is what, sadly, most con-theory devolves into as soon as you get more than one person involved in the conversation.

Spot on thread!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Very good questions.

Personally, in general terms, conspiracy stuff is about education. I really want to know why I've just been shafted and who shafted me. I realise that there is nothing I can do about most of it.

As for directly answering your questions, I'd say a couple of hours considering conspiracy related matters most days after I've read the news. I spend pretty much all of my time, when I'm home with my partner and it's always quality time.

I do the conspiracy stuff so that I can explain to others, loved ones or otherwise, why they've just been shafted.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm going along with rickymouse on this one. Happens more often than not. LOL

Bo, I like you. If you're feeling burnt out ... take a frikkin break for Pete's sake. Do it like Rodinus did yesterday/today (depends on where you are in the world). Let your friends on ATS see, punch out, and return when the time is right for you.

You wanna know how often 'conspiracy' crosses my mind? Every time I see one. LOL

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Oh, I think these globalists in their own words are up to the tops of their pointed heads in a many decades long globalist conspiracy of huge proportions . . . very arrogant proportions . . . that some say has been perpetuated more or less essentially by the same families for 400 years, if not back to Rome.

Anyway--I believe that they meant what they said in these quotes and that they have had the wealth and the power to make good on what they said. There are merely a bit behind their earlier schedule. But they've been plodding along for a long time. They know that it's more likely to be successful with the frog in the bucket strategy.

twoday.net...

www.crossroad.to...

www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

twga...

Thankfully . . . I guess . . . I don't need to try and figure out my wife any longer. She left 30+ years ago and is now on hubby number 3 or 4. I lost track. She was reportedly trading them in on a new model every 9 years.

Otherwise, yeah, that's an exercise prone to futility . . . without huge giftings of empathy.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

CONGRATS on such a solid, confident and functional perspective.

CONGRATS on maintaining good RELATIONSHIPS with those you love.

Thanks for your kind reply.

Guessing where you are in Asia has been a small idle past-time of mine. LOL. I loved living in China. Loved visiting Thailand. Loved living in Taiwan. Hong Kong's worship of money was unreal.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

What a horrific story. Congrats on her survival and functioning.

She would likely profit a lot from the ATTACHMENTS book by Sibcy and Clinton listed on most all my ATTACHMENT threads. . . . maybe I can link it here . . .

ATTACHMENTS: WHY YOU LOVE, FEEL AND ACT THE WAY YOU DO

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339042498&sr=1-2

She might be better able to let herself more off the hook; learn some ways of adjusting her coping more functionally . . . and understand some of the origins of some of the patterns better . . . and overcome a bit more.

You would likely learn a lot from it, too.

Congrats on being loving, caring, kind. Few things are worth as much and very few more.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

My goals about it have been a bit different . . . trying to keep surface tabs on where the oligarchy is currently and where they might be headed next.

I'm not burned out . . . per se.

I have cut back maybe 80% or sometimes more, my number of hours per day focusing on such.

I do pottery more. Have a wheel at home now.

With Dad dead, I have to deal with the watering of all the trees and trying to stay on top of the weeds. And am still sorting his stuff toward moving into his double wide across the acre from my single wide.

I make it a point to have meals with folks I enjoy as frequently as workable.

I'm churchless for the last year & currently but still read, pray, sing, worship at home and driving around. Fellowship with those available.

And, I'm editing books for others. Would be nice to get paid for it. LOL.

So, on the whole, I've stepped back from 8-10 hours a day on such issues and focus to 1-4. I used to scan a variety of such sites but rarely scan more than ATS these days.

A lot of days, I'm MUCH MORE into relationships and loving on folks, giving to folks than on conspiracy stuff. Sometimes it's probably less than 30 minutes/day on the conspiracy stuff compared to 8-10 hours of relationship communications etc.

That's a good change. Not too many years ago, I used to spend even 12-14 hours a day on the darker stuff. Sigh.

I think I've realized . . . probably too slowly . . . that being informed may well not change much of any significance in terms of duration of survival etc. I either walk as close to God and in His will as I can, or I don't. If I do, then He's certainly got my back, regardless. That old trust issue again . . . a challenge for those of us with significant ATTACHMENT DISORDER.

I do think it's better to be informed and hopefully thereby increase one's options when the tough times come. But there's no guarantee that will be the case.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

To me everything I seem to read now days seems convoluted and at least partial conspiracy. From US imperialism to NWO and central bankers manipulations. It's all a conspiracy. I keep the news pages refreshed and the RSS feeds going but honestly I don't really care anymore. I watch everything all day long but have little concern with whatever may come to pass.

As far as connections, well those are becoming very few so I don't think about that too much.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Was hoping you'd stop by.

Yeah, I can understand . . . I find I care a lot less whatever the globalists are up to. We know their END GAME GOALS . . . the rest is details to a large degree.

Though I still think it's somewhat useful to keep moderate tabs on the scene, so to speak.

= = =

Welllll I sure know what it's like to have less RELS (RELATIONSHIPS) . . . Not teaching at the univ any more certainly decreased such by a big amount.

Don't have many relatives left alive that I'm much in touch with and only 2 closer ones period . . . wellll maybe 5 if one adjusts the definition.

No church life currently cuts out a huge other chunk.

Thankfully, there's still a dozen or two who seem to care enough to check in on me if I don't connect with them first. And a goodly number even live in this town. LOL.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Very, very little.

I became a member and visit ATS daily because I wanted to keep an eye on breaking news and stuff going on around the country that could affect my lifestyle and prepping. Keeping an ear to the ground and all that.

It's getting harder and harder to come on here because of some of the topics. I know there are crazy things being done by people and governments but so many people believe that EVERYTHING is a conspiracy and some of the ideas on here just defy common sense. To each his own but I can't buy into 90% of what is posted on here.

Take the good with the crazy I guess. I figure if there is something major happening in the US (troop movements, WW3 breaks out, revolution starts Yellowstone erupts...ect...ect...) people on here would get it out quicker than anyone else.

Just have to wade through the mass shooting conspiracies, UFO spotting daily, matrix issues, dream predictions and the such.

As for your original question, I scan through ATS for news stories maybe 30 minutes a day.

The rest of the day is for watching the grandkids, tending the garden, tending the livestock, vehicle repair if needed, property up keep and fishing or hunting depending on the season.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mwood

What a wonderful answer and what a great description of a functional balancing of priority issues and needs. Congrats.

I'd think that grandkids would be way near the top of my list if I had such.

An early vasectomy took care of that option. LOL.

Thanks for answering the question clearly and specifically.

Have a blessed rest of the week, weekend and summer--with the grandkids, garden, whatever.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I probably spend to much time reading conspiracy stuff because i even dream about it sometimes lol , i look at ATS pretty much every day and im usually reading conspiracy stuff but not always so id say about half hour a day sometimes double reading just conspiracy stuff alone, if something really catches my interest ill spend my free time researching that, like the NWO stuff when i first read about it long ago i spent weeks looking at stuff on it learning as much as i could. Somuch of it is so depressing i try not to get to in to it too much because its mentally exhausting at times!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Mentally exhausting, indeed.

That is one of the reasons I cut way back on the hours per day.

And, it just did not contribute to my peace and serenity! DOH!

But then I've studied it since 1965. Have studied it almost as long as the UFO stuff which began in 1962, for me.

Then when I realized they were part of the same over-all operation . . . my focus escalated in time spent, to some degree.

And, in Taipei, I usually had CNN going in the background while I switched between a very conservative site

WWW.FREEREPUBLIC.COM... and ATS . . . which was what I was doing as 911 unfolded before my eyes.

Given that when I wasn't teaching at the Univ, I had a lot of relatively free time, I could certainly focus on it far too much for my own good, most likely.

I had designed my teaching strategies to minimize paper grading etc. so that helped, too.

Nevertheless, the last 3 years, I've steadily decreased my time invested in conspiracy scanning, analyzing, evaluating, pondering. It just became more burdensome to my emotional peace than was worth it. The degree of being more informed was not contributive to anything lastingly positive.

Keeping minimal to moderate tabs is reasonable. After that . . . when one is well read on the topic to begin with . . . it's very redundant, imho.

Thanks for your kind post.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Excellent topic, and one we should all consider.

How much time? With me, it's time I have for quiet activities. I am a night person, and when the house is calm, I like reading about various sorts of things. I have always had an interest in mysteries, of all sorts, and sites like this are a good place to read about those. Here, we have so many different areas of discussion, you can find almost anything. I like being able to express my opinion, and read those of others that agree, and I like debating with those that don't. I also appreciate having a place I can offer advice when it's needed, as in cases of someone with a "ghost" problem, or someone thinking of using a ouija board, or taking of an "abduction" experience. Being able to offer some spiritual advice is nice. The internet allows us to reach people we might never otherwise be able to reach.

It's easy to get too involved, though. Here, not a big issue. Sometimes, I am in the mood to read more, so I come here. other times, I will be watching a movie, or whatever, or reading a book, or playing a game. I try not to get too caught up in all the negatives, though, because it's too easy to be affected when we do that. That is THE main reason, I believe, that God tells us to focus in the food things. He knows we will fall prey to plans of the enemy otherwise. That said, being aware, and "in the fight" are still good, as long as we keep the balance.

ATS is like anything else; too much isn't good. Look at all the time people spend on FB games. That was a HUGE thing here for a while. daily, checking into various games, spending tons of time, and it got to be too much. I finally cut it all off. Dropped off hundreds of "game friends", quit playing, and told people to not bother inviting me, because I flat don't have the time. Any "game" that sets your schedule for you isn't a game any longer; it's a chain.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

INDEED on your list of fine points. Thanks thanks.

Certainly obsessions, compulsions are chains.

I think I visit FB about once every 3-4 months. And that's mostly to lurk at pics of loved ones and their families. I don't contribute much at all publicly on such sites.

Balance is sure the priority.

Sometimes I think that the oligarchy is deliberately working to burn people out with the high freenzy of fear-mongering stuff . . . such that when it comes to really flipping the switch . . . folks will be soooo burned out, the resistance they offer will be minimal.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I miss the 80's and 90's when people still interacted with each other. I don't know when It started to change for me, but somewhere along the lines I became a recluse. kind of sad really. it probably has more to do with the type of person I am than the reality of technology and such, but they are intertwined. I've never really been in love, girlfriends are far and few between. I wish I was a social butterfly with tons of people around me, but really its hard to find awesome friends. I know in my heart it has been better and can be better, but where do I start? its not like I try to push people away, more like im in my own world. thanks for this thread, it feels good to talk about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join