It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Military checking offshore fishing boat for visa's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Just thought I would post this picture my brother took This is the Mexican military checking visa's off of the coast during a fishing trip last weekend. Most of the fishing out of San Diego California happens off of the coast of Mexico. My brother and I have had many fishing trips off of the coast of mexico without even so much as a look. Now they require visa's and apparently they check every boat. Which according to the bro is ridiculous since the skipper won't even let you leave the dock unless you have a visa.

All this seems kind of nutty since we are now taking their citizens without question, giving them money, and paying for their transportation throughout the country, never mind they hold one of our veterans in prison on BS reasons.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

The door only swings one way from Mexico. They have little to offer and the little they do have is for their own citizens. They do not like illegal immigrants, and they do not get treated well in Mexico. Sounds like a we should adopt a similar policy, but we won't even when there is nothing left to give.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The most troubling time of any visit to Mexico is when you have to interact with the Federale's.

On a side note, the soldier is custody is there for the right reasons. What was he doing out int he middle of the Sonora desert? The only real source of guns into Mexico is from the US. Typically, via the DEA (apparently).

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The most troubling time of any visit to Mexico is when you have to interact with the Federale's.

On a side note, the soldier is custody is there for the right reasons. What was he doing out int he middle of the Sonora desert? The only real source of guns into Mexico is from the US. Typically, via the DEA (apparently).

So far I have been lucky avoiding the federales, but I don't plan on going back anytime soon. Unless something happens and my mom needs some help. Virginia is a far cry from Kalifornia.

Not sure about the veteran seems to me a serious mistake, but I know how the government operates, and if it was covert nothing would have been said. Greta on Fox has been running with it, I like her best of any of them she really does seem fair. With his training he should have known where and what he was doing, I don't know if PTSD would have played a part or not.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

The door only swings one way from Mexico. They have little to offer and the little they do have is for their own citizens. They do not like illegal immigrants, and they do not get treated well in Mexico. Sounds like a we should adopt a similar policy, but we won't even when there is nothing left to give.

We live in a great country to be able to help people the way we do, but at some point even we run out of money and that was about 17,000,000,000,000.00 dollars ago.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Now they require visa's and apparently they check every boat.

Interesting to say the least. What nationalities are suspect you suppose? What is the trend for "others" trying to get into the US?

That border and all the new "improvements" in security over the years aren't for no reason.

There are plenty of un registered people working for big American farms in the states, They seem to get here without any problem. So do drugs.

So whats the hub but all about? Who exactly are they trying to interdict?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You speak the truth.

The last time I was in Mexico which may remain the last time I was robbed by those dirt bags on the train when I went to take a leak.

They even took my cards which before I got off the train and called my bank had already been charged up. They did leave me with $5. Everyone knew what happened and a local family took pity on me that was on the train where they let me stay the night at their home. They even got the stash I kept in an old sock in my backpack. Those bastards.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yeah that sh*thole should look the other way not like anyone wants to invade their dump of a country.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Now they require visa's and apparently they check every boat.

Interesting to say the least. What nationalities are suspect you suppose? What is the trend for "others" trying to get into the US?

That border and all the new "improvements" in security over the years aren't for no reason.

There are plenty of un registered people working for big American farms in the states, They seem to get here without any problem. So do drugs.

So whats the hub but all about? Who exactly are they trying to interdict?

Oh i don;t think they are interdicting anyone, I am sure this is about getting their money for the visa. There was a time when car insurance was the same way when you went down there don't know about now it has been years.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You mean to say that the Mexicans authorities dont give illegals free stuff?
That don't seem fair.. Bbwwaahahahah!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Im betting on it being and off the books operation. Mexico has found that some of our 3 letter agencies conduct operations in their country without their knowledge, and it makes them somewhat less than happy.

Mayan Express

To get the story about project Mayan Jaguar, it is starting a quarter of the way down the page. Or you can google Mayan Express or Mayan Jaguar to find other stories on it.

But the meat of the tale:

Don Whittington’s World Jet brokered the Gulfstream II’s sale to a company called Donna Blue Aircraft Inc., according to the DEA affidavit.

The DEA affidavit indicates that Donna Blue was, in fact, a front company for an ICE undercover operation dubbed “Mayan Jaguar.” Donna Blue subsequently sold the Gulfstream II jet to a Florida duo — Clyde O'Connor and Gregory Smith, who has a history of involvement in US government operations.

About a week later, on Sept. 24, 2007, the Gulfstream jet crashed in Mexico’s Yucatan with a payload of some 4 tons of coc aine onboard. Media reports at the time and European investigators, it turns out, have linked the Gulfstream II’s tail number, N987SA, to past CIA flights to Guantanamo Bay.

Narco News reported on the Gulfstream II jet crash and its aftermath extensively and has uncovered documents and sources indicating that Gregory Smith was, in fact, a contract pilot who did work for the US government, including US Customs (later rolled into ICE, which is part of Homeland Security), DEA, FBI and likely CIA.

A Narco News story published in December 2007 also revealed that the Gulfstream II jet was part of an ICE undercover operation called Mayan Express.

If this was going on, it was a multiagency affair. Not just CIA, although CIA is in the background orchestrating things. A plane used to smuggle drugs, or carry folks to/from Gitmo.

I would suspect that Mexico is happy to catch the US's tail under the rocking chair here. And I would suspect a government willing to kill 40 innocents for a shot at a terrorist likely would be willing to forget this soldier even existed.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I have a friend that was SF and has done serious drug interdiction in South America, his quote goes something like, "Stop it? they aren't interested in stopping it, they are controlling it" it was disheartening to hear it for real, straight from someone who has been there. He has enlightened me to many things of which our world and government works.

The public has no idea what really goes on out there, kind of makes you wonder about Noriega doesn't it.

I checked your link, wow how do you fix this? This is corruption at every agency at every level, and now working together.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Its the same thing with gasoline. Why we can't get better MPG. Its all about the money. Travel reduced and now they want to raise taxes to cover the gap in revenue. My problem is that they are pulling strings that they don't understand.

But that digression aside, they are all about the money. Flowing the cash. in this case, it is all off the books, meaning that the coating of fat they can trim for their pockets along the way are rather thick.

Smedley Butler told the nation way back then that Uncle Sam was nothing more than a mafia don leveraging our support for legitimacy. And that he was nothing more than a thug enforcing a protection racket.

The drug problem in America is a manufactured problem. And money is made with both hands, as they sell the drugs then incarcerate you for it.

And that is the real danger of exposing all of this officially: drug imprisonment amounts to nothing more than entrapment on a national scale

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

And don't forget there is no appropriations for additional corruption, or congressional oversight with drug money. I wonder how many hands collect money from the time it's a plant until John Q. Citizens buys in. It's getting ugly out there.

new topics

top topics

join