It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe the universe expansion is speeding up instead of slowing down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I am a simple person, with only basic education. I do not claim that this is fact, nor that anyone else should subscribe to my ideas, I just want to be heard and want to know what others think.

Firstly, while this thread is not about how gravity works, I want to mention how I believe it works. Basically I believe gravity is a form of magnetism, that the circular motion within atoms cause the generation of an electro-magnetic field, a field that expands/becomes stronger the more atoms that are in an area - Thus meaning things with greater mass/density ( more atoms ) have a stronger gravitational pull.

Ignore the theory about gravity or don't, either way...

I believe the reason our universe is expanding faster is because it's getting closer to other universes - It's naive to think that space is infinite, and this tiny universe ( tiny compared to infinity ) we live in is the only one that exists. Therefore, I believe that as our universe expands more, it is pulled by these other universes more. Within this theory is the theory that our universe doesn't just comprise of "original material " so to speak, but rather also contains material from other universes that expanded and got sucked in by our own, thus the material of a universe never is only made up of one, but rather many others.

Our universe could very well be having the same effect on another Universe - I mean, imagine how much of a magnetic pull billions of lightyears of material would generate - Imagining that there could be a black hole at the center of our universe, but that instead of just our own universe sinking into it, others are - and when it contains more than it can hold, and becomes unstable, BOOM. Something like the Big Bang happens - Possibly simultaneously sending previous remnants of our universe flying outward, and creating a new universe.

Food for thought, at least. Tell me what you think!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm willing to take this theory deeper into the rabbit hole.

Time is not linear. The 'beginning' was really the end and the end (universe speeding up) is really rushing to the beginning. Like a recording of a rain drop splashing into the water, but in reverse.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I've always thought that time was more or less irrelevant to the grand scheme of things. The only way I view time is the only way I find it relevant, which is by years, decades, etc...

I also believe things happen with time. It takes an average of X years for a universe to to reform, to contain intelligent life, etc. I think it's thinking too deeply to say that time doesn't matter. It's a measure of things, just like weight, mass, gravitational pull, etc are.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope
Perhaps you'll find this two part TV mini-series interesting:

New to ATS. I find some parts a bit too 'clever'. Like now, I pressed the insert YouTube-button, and I was asked to insert the YouTube-video nuber. What's that??
So I insert the links below as well if I did something wrong above by just adding the adresses. A very interesting documentary, I think.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Firstly, while this thread is not about how gravity works, I want to mention how I believe it works. Basically I believe gravity is a form of magnetism, that the circular motion within atoms cause the generation of an electro-magnetic field, a field that expands/becomes stronger the more atoms that are in an area - Thus meaning things with greater mass/density ( more atoms ) have a stronger gravitational pull.

Ignore the theory about gravity or don't, either way...

I believe the reason our universe is expanding faster is because it's getting closer to other universes - It's naive to think that space is infinite, and this tiny universe ( tiny compared to infinity ) we live in is the only one that exists. Therefore, I believe that as our universe expands more, it is pulled by these other universes more. Within this theory is the theory that our universe doesn't just comprise of "original material " so to speak, but rather also contains material from other universes that expanded and got sucked in by our own, thus the material of a universe never is only made up of one, but rather many others.

Our universe could very well be having the same effect on another Universe - I mean, imagine how much of a magnetic pull billions of lightyears of material would generate - Imagining that there could be a black hole at the center of our universe, but that instead of just our own universe sinking into it, others are - and when it contains more than it can hold, and becomes unstable, BOOM. Something like the Big Bang happens - Possibly simultaneously sending previous remnants of our universe flying outward, and creating a new universe.

Food for thought, at least. Tell me what you think!

Gravity is certainly a force, a constant force the LCD, but on a rocky body it varies for instance. So somewhere there has to be a terminator that makes all things equal, is that what you are talking about?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: malmanomar

I'm quite interested in simplicity and being brief! I realize this is not how great minds find the answers to things, but typically I find that people that dive too far into something are too close to it to really see what's happening.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: malmanomar

New to ATS. I find some parts a bit too 'clever'. Like now, I pressed the insert YouTube-button, and I was asked to insert the YouTube-video nuber. What's that??
So I insert the links below as well if I did something wrong above by just adding the adresses. A very interesting documentary, I think.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Take out all the stuff before and including the = sign, you can do that in the box.
edit on 25-6-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

The inflationary model was developed in the 1980s and is probably wrong but its the best of the best so science will stick with it until something better comes along. Problem with the inflation model is that the Universe has been expanding for 13.7 billion years and has a known raidius of about 46.6 billion light years which implies einstein was wrong about anything going faster than light but science gets around the speeding rule by simply saying that everthing in physical existence is expanded in size which seems to me like a major cop out.

In Hinduism they say that the universe is created by the breath of brahma, currently exhaling, then latter inhaling. Which implies that the universe is still being created with new matter still coming into existence (perhaps not from a single point ). With that new matter perhaps increasing our expansion rate. Without being able to view the center of our creation (light is too slow to reach us) we will never know if that is true or not.

But it matters not.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Good thread, big bang cosmology certainly has a few flaws - expanding spacetime which directly conflicts with the second law of thermodynamics, missing energy and matter to hold it all together, missing anti-matter etc. I also didn't know about the quasar redshift discrepancies as with NGC 3516, thanks smurfy. Plasma cosmology definitely needs more attention than main stream science is giving it, plus the possibility that the big bang may be an illusion.

I'm having a bit of trouble how this 'multiverse' theory works though. If our universe is being pulled apart by other universes then why is the expansion so smooth/ symmetrical within our own universe? A neighbouring universe would surely pull us in one direction more than others, and several adjoining universes would make our universe 'lumpy'.

I also wonder what might happen when some of these super massive black holes at the centre of most galaxies get to their tipping point. Might they simply explode at some point when they hit a critical mass and create another 'universe' which looks a lot like what we see around us now? All very interesting

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I like they way you think.
same as me.
I dont think magnetism is the same as gravity.
or magnets would be effected difrently by gravity,
north south.

they more magnets you put together,
the stronger the mas gets. sounds simple!
but why and how do the combine the force?

all mater has a very small amount of gravity.
what is it that is in it All? quacks?

So much for E = mc2 and Theory of Relativity Albert Einstein.
they are saying that after the big bank,
it was faster than the speed of light???
you can not believe what a scientist says.

they all so said that every thing in space is
moving away from each other at the same speed!
two things that are moving in the same direction after a explosion,
will Not move apart at the same as the rest.
So I say thats wrong to.
edit on 26-6-2014 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Charles Hall agrees. He says that Einstein and relativity is wrong.. well worth checking out.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

This is a fun topic. I have always thought, why do we keep expanding and when will the "bubble" burst and the universe collapses on its self in a violent event?

Your theory of another universe pulling in ours and vice-versa like two magnets is pretty far-out, yet great "food-for-thought". There are other Theories, and I will stay focused to this one you have sought.

Allow me to throw in some change into your theory;
Gravity "Pulls" in Matter
Dark Matter "Repels" Matter

So, with this notion, the reason the universe keeps expanding is that the Dark Matter is Repelling other Matter in a Continuous Pushing.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: malmanomar

Here's your two videos,

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
Thanks

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

The meaning of my post is basically to get away from Dark matter, to stay within an easier explanation that the reason our universe is expanding faster is because the outer reaches of our universe are getting closer to other masses/universes with gravitational pull. The speed-up is due to the initial velocity + pulling power of the other universes.

Occam's razor needs to be applied more in the science community, they try explaining things the most difficult ways possible, rather than just going with the most simple solutions.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ha!: )

Snap: ))

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Glad I'm not the only one who came up with this.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Illegal Alien

Ohhh! Didn't even think to look for a similar post, though I doubt any search would have brought it up. Glad someone else thinks the same thing, it's too bad neither thread gets any real exposure. It seems people try to seek out extremely difficult explanations to explain fairly simple happenings. Oh well! Glad to see someone thinks this way.

new topics

top topics

join