It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell-> Lois Lerner Targeted a Sitting U.S. Senator

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This one just revealed today in a House Ways & Means Committee hearing.

She apparently targeted U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) for some kind of investigation like an "Audit".

All of course without any just cause.

A released and semi-censored email has confirmed this.

Definitely Global Warming from CO2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Washington, DC – Today, Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-MI) announced the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) targeting of conservative individuals includes a sitting United States Senator. According to emails reviewed by the Committee under its Section 6103 authority, which allows the Committee to review confidential taxpayer information, Lois Lerner sought to have Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) referred for IRS examination.

“We have seen a lot of unbelievable things in this investigation, but the fact that Lois Lerner attempted to initiate an apparently baseless IRS examination against a sitting Republican United States Senator is shocking,” said Camp. “At every turn, Lerner was using the IRS as a tool for political purposes in defiance of taxpayer rights. We may never know the full extent of the abuse since the IRS conveniently lost two years of Lerner emails, not to mention those of other key figures in this scandal. The fact that DOJ refuses to investigate the IRS’s abuses or appoint a special counsel demonstrates, yet again, this Administration’s unwillingness to uphold the rule of law.”

Confirming Sources.......

REVEALED: GOP Senator Targeted by Lerner

Lois Lerner looked to target sitting Senator for IRS investigation.

The Damning Email !!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sort of makes you wonder what's in those emails that we "can't find" doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Waiting to see how the Obamabots play this one off.

I guess they will use their witch hunt mantra.
And the POTUS is black.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The Obama defenders will probably use this as an example to show that Lerner is just a rogue political zealot, who did ALL the IRS targeting of her own accord.

Untrue, but it also would show that the Obama administration is going to officially throw her under the bus...expecting her to fall on her sword.
edit on 25-6-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

link   
One question that's not being asked is this: Why is someone so high up in the IRS food chain even remotely involved in 'selecting targets' for an audit.

Lerner was being paid to be in charge of staff ... not witch hunts.

This girl is guilty. She was waaayyy outside the left and right limits of her boundaries.

However, she's serving well as a point of distraction. As long as her name stays in the spotlight, the IRS is safe from any real scrutiny.

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

And the POTUS is black.

And maybe the old "well the guy is a guilty tax cheat" routine.

And of course she was just doing her job.

My stopwatch is ticking.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
one firmly knows where these "missing" e-mails trailed to. @ 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, and the AG. Servers, and the e-mails send and recieve lists should have them, but the power of the wannabe dictator and his toelickers have many friends, but somewhere there must be a hero, whom wants a legacy of exposing the corrupt scumbags, problem is no one left with any balls whatsoever......except hillary, (but she is evil too)...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

However, she's serving well as a point of distraction. As long as her name stays in the spotlight, the IRS is safe from any real scrutiny.

There is a incredibly huge BINGO right there. She is the distraction for the real criminals, and before it over with she will be fed to the sharks. Republicans will have their pound of flesh and all will be forgotten. Hopefully the people keep pushing and don't let it happen. Star to you Snarl

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Sort of makes you wonder what's in those emails that we "can't find" doesn't it?

My sixth sense tells me the government broke a trail that leads directly to the Department of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve ... not the White House.

The Tea Party is a threat to the Republicans ... not the Dems. What interest would 0bama have in harming the enemy of his enemy?

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: butcherguy

And the POTUS is black.

And maybe the old "well the guy is a guilty tax cheat" routine.

And of course she was just doing her job.

My stopwatch is ticking.

xuenchen you seem to be leading on this chasing these reports down. Thanks for your efforts, it takes time to keep us informed. Again thanks Oh and obviously S&F

link   

Under who's orders?

Lerner doesn't hold an elected seat. So she did not do this to be self serving.

She was doing someone's bidding.

Hmmm. . . . . who would have a political motivation to weaken or distract or even investigate a sitting republican senator?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Maybe Lois Lerner is actually an infiltrator working for the "Tea Party".

I bet she is a relative of Debbie Wasserman Schultz !!!

No wonder SHE plead the 5th

"I am the ghost of Kermit !!"

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I hear it now. Poor Lois. All she was doing, was her job. Why pick on her.

Now she dances tantalizingly closer to an obvious Title 18 USC 4 violation. Lois forgot some of us work daily with email, and archiving.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Why can't we subpoena the NSA's records? The cat's been out of the bag for quite a while now, we know they have those emails.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

I hear it now. Poor Lois. All she was doing, was her job. Why pick on her.

Now she dances tantalizingly closer to an obvious Title 18 USC 4 violation. Lois forgot some of us work daily with email, and archiving.

that's worth posting.

Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

18 U.S. Code § 4 - Misprision of felony

[ referring to Eric Holder for investigation ]

Naughty Naughty Lois !!

edit on Jun-25-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Why can't we subpoena the NSA's records? The cat's been out of the bag for quite a while now, we know they have those emails.

That's being handled in confidential quarters.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This whole affair is starting to make Watergate seem like a benign joke.Using a government agency to financially ruin political opponents? Just how much lower can our political"leaders"sink.As a citizen I'm ashamed...and worried about our future.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Typical liberal response:

"Crazy conservative nut jobs, always trying to fabricate scandals to gain political ground."

I thought I'd just go ahead and add that comment to save them the trouble.

edit on 25-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Senators are exempt from being audited? Who knew this thing we called the US Gov was all a sham?

CJ

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Under who's orders?

Lerner doesn't hold an elected seat. So she did not do this to be self serving.

She was doing someone's bidding.

Hmmm. . . . . who would have a political motivation to weaken or distract or even investigate a sitting republican senator?

Better yet. I want to know who gave her Sen. Grassley's invitation to the event. He never got it, didn't know about it, and didn't attend it.

Lerner claimed it was delivered to her by mistake.

That's enough BS for Monsanto to fertilize a the whole freakin' State of Texas.

Des

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join