It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Brand: Fox News is ‘fanatical, terrorist, propagandist’ and ‘more dangerous than ISIS�

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

My intent was to have you us dazzle us with yours. Gotcha, boy did you 'dazzle'. lol
, have a on me.

An opinion is just that, an opinion. And you, like me and everyone else is entitled to their own. As we are all entitled to give or receive the criticism that follows - from folks like yourself and myself.

RB is an actor, nothing more. His spewing on the matter, to me, in my opinion (look that one up in the dictionary if need be), is far from factual.

Brand is a good actor, love it - but he's no Bono from U2 or Michael Stipe from REM, who've more or less made their political opinions in who they were as they formed early on. Plus, they're not comedians - taking political matters from a comedian....that's really 'funny'. Maybe we should take medical advice from them too....

In any case, I welcome your 'dazzle' and anyone else who feels it.. We ALL have opinions and views, express away!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
At 3.41 two of the 4 looked to be carrying AK47 with folding stocks, the reporters were shown just before that. I wasn't making any judgements at all. I am just saying to purplemer that this is nothing compared to the ISIS video.

so killing a bunch of people who aren't a threat to you is nothing? did i mention that another media photographer said he had been fired on as well, that day, and that it appeared that they were firing on ANY gathering?

So common sense should tell you if they shoot people carrying guns from helicopters why in the world would you be carrying a folding stock AK47 if you know a helo is overhead? Your t-shirt might as well have a bullseye. Here's your sign.

firstly, i see NO rifles....i see something that MIGHT be an RPG, but i can't even be entirely sure about that. and even if it WAS an RPG, the choppers were so far away, it's doubtful that they would have even been able to hit either of them with it.

I got news for you if there is shooting going on from a apache with a 30mm chain gun in the neighborhood and my kids are in the car.. I am outta of there the bromance is over you are going to bleed to death.

again, the apaches were so far out, that it would be hard to determine that they were focused on that spot, in particular, and it had been a minute or two since any shots had been fired, so it could have simply been someone driving through the area, completely oblivious to what had just happened. they see someone hurt, "oh, hey, lemme help this guy out" is that really so far outside the bounds of believability? and seriously..what POSSIBLE justification was there for them firing on the van? they were picking up a dude, they weren't armed, they weren't collecting weapons, because there weren't any.....there was ZERO reason to fire on the van...

If you're on a terrorist watch list for that, then your picture is on someones wall for being a member of ATS. And it's next to mine.

possibly....but why make it worse?

Do some research on BW after Katrina hit, dirty tricks for sure.

don't need to...i was there.

If we are to be focused on America first you must really be ticked over the illegals entering the country courtesy of the president, and his administration. What a mess that is.

Actually, i am. but that's a discussion for another thread..

Watch the ISIS vid, you don't have to see all of it, and start 10 minutes in past the recruitment part.

No thanks...i don't wish to watch their propaganda, any more than i wish to watch OUR propaganda...there's more than one side to any story, and groups with a vested interest in obtaining a specific result, can only be trusted to tell you the side, or parts of a story that will most help them achieve that goal..

If you end up on a list I will run across the road over to Camp perry and have a talk with them.

sure, sure, Marlin....sure, sure..

bromance.... ha... did I tell you I like guns?

i believe you've mentioned that

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
This man should be dropped off with ISIS then.Stupidest comment ever.How do people get this dumb and how in the world do people not understand you critisize your leaders not media.

lol, i think you're projecting something powerful..

saying that we shouldn't be bombing the s**t out of people isn't a stupid comment...if you think it is, then there may be something deeply wrong with you.

rightly pointing out that the media is being reckless, irresponsible, and dangerous, by allowing one of it on-air personalities spew such an ignorant, hate-filled diatribe, is also not stupid....

do you happen to work for newscorp? your comment sounds an awful lot like the ones made on "the five"

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

that's the thing though....what you posted wasn't an opinion...it was an assertion.

there is a difference.

kinda like the assertion that just because someone is an actor, or comedian, they can't have a valid opinion, or view on a subject. that just because they're a comedian, or actor, that they're less intelligent, or less worth listening to....don't forget that they are people too...and while their views may not match with ours, they are just a valid as anything you or i say.

i mean, look at bill hicks, and george carlin.....people who could point out the flaws in the world around them, and make people laugh, while, at the same time, make them THINK about what they'd just been told...

the assertion that ANYTHING an entertainer says should be dismissed out of hand, for no other reason than the fact that an entertainer said it, is silly to the point of outright absurdity....

i don't particularly care for Russell Brand in movies...i think he's a somewhat funny comedian, and i don't agree with EVERYTHING he says...but on this, i think he's completely right...i've already explained why....you never explained why you have the opinion you have though...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Brand is such a revolutionary. So much so that the elites approve of him. What should that tell you?

Because he preaches non-violence. Now if he were to take up the opposite stance, a hit man would down him. In any event, the Elite might be behind the imminent revolution... Yeah! You can only push people so far and the Elite know it, have used that knowledge before.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Whatever you want to call it - my opinion and words stand.

Can you tell the difference between Carlin and Brand? Style, *delivery*, topics covered, how they're covered, their background and the like?

If you can, then good for you and no need to drone on and on. If not, I would take a few minutes on Google for each of their background, history and the like.

What I'm getting at is that as you've said, they are entitled to their opinions and how they view the world (just as you or I, or anyone else are) - but do you really think that he's a complete grip on the situation to the extent where he himself can make his claims with 100% accuracy? Doubtful at best. I never claimed nor said to dismiss *everything* Brand has ever said on all topics because he's an entertainer. What I will say is that many people take what is said by celebrities as 100% fact, as if they've some 'secret' knowledge that the rest of the planet does not, whether it's true, or it's not (often not).

That you've taken it as that (dismissing everything because he's an entertainer) has me raising an eyebrow. On this topic, Brands opinion on Fox, I do think that a very large grain of salt should be had with it. There are elements that he's probably got spot on, (as would you or I may have), but I don't see you or I making statements to the level Brand has...whether we are 'just citizens', trash man, lunch lady, guidance counselor or janitors...

Regardless of who they are, where they come from, what they do for a living; always, always question and always check the information one gives. Nobody is right on every matter, every time. The only thing that is constant with information is that as humans, we are fallible on many levels. You, I, nor Brand is any different from the rest of the planet in this regard.

Do I like Fox? No. Do I watch Fox? Yes, and many others. Keep your friends close and your news sources closer. I don't trust any news outlet 100%. Why? Because humans work there...you know the kind who make mistakes while reporting. Whether they be deliberate or completely and innocently made...they're still made. Taking information from any one source, only one source (person or corporation) and giving it your blind trust is nothing short of a bad idea.
edit on 1-7-2014 by BlackboxInquiry because: double typed a word

edit on 1-7-2014 by BlackboxInquiry because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2014 by BlackboxInquiry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

All television news should be labeled as terrorists.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
he's right.

it is that simple.

honk away, geese.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
it's a joke. ISIS is more dangerous, they control half of Iraq

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
and it's bad idea to joke with it. cause there are nowadays we can see fights ISIS against people in Iraq

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join