It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Brand: Fox News is ‘fanatical, terrorist, propagandist’ and ‘more dangerous than ISIS�

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
But all the news medias(CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc) are the same way, Russell. They're all a mouthpiece for the shadows who are really in control.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Fox is the last shred of a ray of hope that most masses in the population of of hearing anything remotely true.

Sorry but this is nowhere close to being true. How many of the other networks went to court so they could have the right to lie to the public? FOX has been caught using fake videos and cutting and editing peoples words so many times it isn't even funny. Of course other networks does this as well but nowhere near the level as FOX. Look what FOX does when people start speaking the truth on their network they fire them. Take Glenn Beck for example he spoke out about the Fed Reserve and they couldn't fire him fast enough.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
totally agree not just fox news but cnn nbc and all the mainstream media should be labeled as such..fox more then the others..

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Are you people really comparing a news media to the terrorist group ISIS that is conducting executions in Iraq? You guys have some issues.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Glenn was let go because he acted like a raving loon. IMO

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Opinion is one thing but threats of death are another
I am all for them saying that ISIS are bad , but for them to say we want to blow them up and bomb them

Baghdad has officially asked the U.S. to consider deploying air support to the country's languishing ground troops

Iraq Crisis Stirs Fears Afghanistan Could Be Next
Veterans Offer Each Other Help as Iraq Falls Apart

Iraq’s embattled government is clamoring for U.S. air strikes against Sunni militias that continue to capture large swaths of territory north of the capital,

time.com...

Don't get me wrong I don't want involvement in the middle east, I wish for peaceful solutions, but maybe Brand, who I happen to like, is barking up the wrong tree.

"The threat now is immediate to the region and it's immediate to the globe and it's certainly immediate to U.S. interests," said Lukman Faily, Iraqi Ambassador to the United States.

Speaking from the Iraqi Embassy in Washington, D.C., Faily said Iraq is being terrorized by the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, an offspring of Al Qaeda.

www.wusa9.com...

edit on 103030p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I just want to get this straight.

If anyone; me, a Fox News person, ANYONE, said that they would like to see death to a bunch of terrorists, then that in itself, is terrorism and should be silenced.

Because, if that is terrorism, then there are laws against that.

If I said, in my opinion, that the US should bomb the snot out of ISIS, then by all accounts, I should be arrested for terrorism, according to many here.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I just want to get this straight.

If anyone; me, a Fox News person, ANYONE, said that they would like to see death to a bunch of terrorists, then that in itself, is terrorism and should be silenced.

Because, if that is terrorism, then there are laws against that.

If I said, in my opinion, that the US should bomb the snot out of ISIS, then by all accounts, I should be arrested for terrorism, according to many here.

Maybe they can reason with them, lol

flower power?

Prayer?

Nope they don't do that.

Love them to death?

Join them?

These terrorist are beheading their way through Iraq and posters are mad at the judge, go figure.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Syria has joined the conflict in Iraq by launching air strikes against the insurgents, the Iraqi Prime Minister confirms
time.com...

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki confirmed Thursday that Syria bombed Islamic militants in the Iraqi border town of al-Qaim on Tuesday, the BBC reports.

You guys mad at Syria?

Nope? didn't think so.

Well good maybe they can sort things out themselves.

Now look here

Syria’s strikes may displease U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who on Wednesday warned outside actors in the Middle East against intervening in Iraq.

LOL, one has to wonder why Kerry an outsider, doesn't want any outsiders, oh they haven't turned Iraq into total chaos yet or deposed of Maliki?

edit on 113030p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion
Noooooo....we are discussing Brand doing it.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!

I've always thought his brand of comedy was genius....oh wait, he's serious?

This one is a looney. I'd say idiot, however, he'd have to be able to separate reality from fantasy...something he's clearly not capable of doing.

It's people like him who are the danger. Ones who refuse to look at things as they are, ask the hard non-politically or socially acceptable questions to avoid molesting the rights, freedoms and safety of others in the name of self-interest.

Hope his career is as short as his thought process on this.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

You can say what you want

The other networks are not covering the important things going on within our government. thus keeping their viewers in the dark

Just check it out for your selves

I personally am not DEM or REP so they can all blow me

I simply want those responsible for all the crap going on to be held accountable. LAWS have been broken and if it were a civilian that lied to congress that civilian would be thrown in prison and the damn key thrown away.

Those not informed are not prepared and thus are Sheeeeeeple

The whole damn thing is going to implode

God Bless

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion
Glenn was let go because FOX didn't like the fact that quite a few times he exposed the fact that they were cherry picking information and didn't like a lot of the things he was exposing....

He got a little preachy for me. But he's had some real revelations.

Currently his charity organization Mercury One is sending trucks down to the border with supplies for the influx of children here in Texas from Mexico and South America. He's caught a lot of flak from FOX about that.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I dont think you should be arrested for speaking out against terrorism but when you start talking about killing people and blowing people up then that is morally wrong and should have consequences just the same as making threats to people does on social media or in public threats of violence against other humans is wrong

As for what can we do to stop them , drastically change your foreign policy , stop arming rebels to fight proxy wars for geopolitical gains , stop giving them a reason to fight.
Now that is only one possible avenue to try and quel the violence against the US or other foreign nations , whether they continue usurping other countries in the middle east is another thing all together
you have to rememeber the region has been under sectarian violence for hundreds of years there is effectively no end to it , Europe only in the last hundred years has stopped its sectarian violence in the sense of all out war the world just really doesnt want to get along , and for that reason there will not be a one world government..

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

4723 Print Friendly and PDF Email this page Comedian Russell Brand on Tuesday blasted Fox News host Judge Jeanine Pirro for taking a position on bombing Iraq that he said was even “worse” than the militant group ISIS which has taken over a large portion of the country

www.rawstory.com...

Love him or hate him. In my opinion he speaks the truth. Information is a true wepon of mass destruction. The stuff that comes from the likes of Fox News is less than senseless drible aimed at stirring the masses. Piro went on a crazy rant because the president had not ordered air strikes.

Pirro said that her solution to the recent violence Iraq was to “bomb them. Bomb them, keep bombing them, bomb them again, and again.”

“F*cking hell!” Brand exclaimed. “When they do these bombings it creates more insurgents, that’s what creates them. Don’t think of a bomb as going down there and destroying stuff, think of it as like a seed that goes into the ground, and grows insurgents out of it. It creates more terrorism, doing it.”

We do not need any more bombings. Did bombing Iraq in the first place solve any problems. I guess it gave freedom to the million or so Iraqi civilians that died and left a huge power vacume that is being filled now.

We need to lead by example. We need a revolution of heart if we are to stop this cycle of war.

During her rant, Pirro had also labeled ISIS a “fanatical religious terrorist organization.” “So is Fox News — is a fanatical terrorist propagandist organization,” Brand observed. “This isn’t reasonable, is it? Like the way she’s talking? ‘Bomb them! Bomb them!’ She’s worse… She’s the savage, she’s totally espousing savage values.”

The more you look the harder it becomes to discern who the good guys are...

purp..

Right, because freedom of speech is so unprogressive.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

He's getting people to look at things exactly the way the elites want them looked at.

Elites?! That is powerful scary...

FOX represents just plain folk? The common man? They're really looking out for all of us?

They are unbiased?

Golly but I feel so dumb

:-)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I dont think you should be arrested for speaking out against terrorism but when you start talking about killing people and blowing people up then that is morally wrong and should have consequences just the same as making threats to people does on social media or in public threats of violence against other humans is wrong

So through intimidation, you are inhibiting free speech, free expression, based on what you consider morally right.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I am for the complete freedom to speak as you please, but when it comes to asking for the death of others then you should have to face the consequences

That is a self-contradictory statement.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

"Justice tolerance and compassion?"
Brand

Is he talking about the people crucifying and beheading people in the middle east?

www.cnn.com...

www.nbcnews.com...

"ISIS is nearly unparalleled in their extreme measure on every level, from the violence itself to the broadcasting of that violence."

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

That is a self-contradictory statement.

Not at all. There are consequences for everything - even free speech. Especially free speech. Though we're free to speak - what we say has an effect. There will always be consequences

In a situation like FOX (news...she said - reluctantly) it might be a case of their chickens coming home to roost. Demographics are everything in showbiz - and their fan base is also heavily tied to the GOP - which, if you haven't noticed - is in serious...well, let's just call it disarray

How interesting is this?

Something, somewhere has changed. Whether it's a matter of journalistic (hah!) conscience or money - speech has an effect - and with that comes consequences

The rabid, foaming warmonger Brand is examining? She is fomenting war. She's free to do so. There will be consequences - and freedom of speech allows for us to call her what she is: Terrorist

edit on 6/26/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: spelling - of course

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join