It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Brand: Fox News is ‘fanatical, terrorist, propagandist’ and ‘more dangerous than ISIS�

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: mahatche

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Russell Brand is spouting the same rhetoric the hippies did 50 years ago. He's singing the same tune. The hippies, bless 'em,
spoke of bringing peace and love to Vietnam and Cambodia, but Pol Pot still killed about 1/4 of the population of Cambodia.
That's what insane people with fanatical idealogies do.

If Russell walked into a group of ISIS dudes and starting babbling his philosophy, they'd behead him.

This is true. I hate to mention brand and Gandhi in the same breath, but Gandhi would have been killed sooner if Hitler had his way.

That said, the world needs people willing to try the Gandhi approach. I heard a civil rights activist say she wasn't brave, she was just too stupid to realize the reality of the risk. Sometimes naive people surprise us. Some black leaders would have fought fire with fire, and that would have been ugly. Thankfully those naive college kids and preachers won out.

The Ghandi approach only works if the opponent has a smidgen of humanity. Stalin would have had Ghandi shot in a second and the movement would have been crushed before it began.

The irony about Ghandi is that his wife and heirs were actually unbending and cruel authoritarians. Power corrupts.

I agree, sometimes a monster needs to be meet with force.

If you'd kill a girl for going to school, your peaceful opposition is just an easy target.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Hiasyouwant

lol, Farhan's series on the iluminati is very well put together, and all that....but if you honestly take ALL of it seriously, you're quite foolish.

it's easy enough to pick apart your entire argument.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Hiasyouwant

haha, lol.

everything you say is so contradictory....

you say you're not very religious, but you're foaming at the mouth over religious symbolism....symbolism that only has ANY measure of significance, if you are devoutly religious..

and then you make the idiotic claim that anyone who is famous is some kind of devil worshiper, which you then use to justify your view that no famous person can ever have anything good to say, because they're aligned with the devil, evidenced ONLY by the fact that they are famous, regardless of what they're saying...

i mean, how can you not see how silly this looks and sounds?

we don't need your pity, for the only one who is lost, is you....lost in a fog of confusion, and contradictory statements...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
All of the Fox News artillery and missiles are aimed at the never-ending white house scandals, a thoroughly incompetent and dishonest administration, and the erosion of personal liberties.

Brand seems to think decapitating innocent people and imposing Sharia Law is much less harmful than reporting on subjects that progressive entertainers like Brand don't appreciate.

Do all those supporting Brand's views really think ISIS is a good thing?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

and if you're a realist, and not affiliated with any of the clubs....you don't think very highly of ANY of them....

i wish there were more realists in the world...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

we have the ability to turn iraq into an uninhabitable glassland...the same cannot be said of ISIS' ability to inflict damage on the United States...

so yes, for a U.S. News agency to be trying to work the american people into a froth, to support continued military adventurism, and BOMBING of another country.....yes, that really does kinda make them worse than ISIS.....

yes, ISIS is brutal, and they kill, and they do things we would consider "savage", and whatnot.....but they're small fries, compared to what we can do....

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

i think there's a quantifiable difference between expressing an opinion, and advocating murder.....

i mean, if someone goes on TV, and says "bomb them brown people", it's ok....if someone goes on TV, and says "bomb city hall", they're a criminal. it's a neat little double standard, where you can make all the mess you want, as long as it's not here, where we hafta see it...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

so then, you're saying that FOX is your preferred flavor of lies and propaganda?

thanks for letting us all know that...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

i'm pretty sure if it had been Rachel Maddow saying "bomb them", he would have been attacking MSNBC for it, and if it'd been Wolf Blitzer, he'd have been going after CNN...it just so happens that it was Jeanine Pirro, on FOX...."luck of the draw", if you will..

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: mahatche

VERY WELL PUT.

In your opinion . . . WHY . . .

are so many so clueless about the mind numbing propaganidzing mass brain washing by the MSM?

I can't single out any one reason. It's a person to person thing.

I know people who get angry over the fact that i follow politics. The world blows their buzz. They don't want to know.

Some are convinced any talk of controlling the media is a crazy conspiracy, they laugh it off.

Anyone in an information bubble is satisfied to hear what they want to hear.

Some might care if they weren't so distracted.

Religious programing to obey and never question could play some role.

We are all susceptible to subtle suggestions. Marketing teams and psychologists understand it, but the average person would never know what hit them.

In the case of hip hop I see proof for subversion. The radio presents the gangster side and nothing else. I think repetition is an important part of training.

all the different reasons add up and soon you have a general population that doesn't give a damn.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Actually, I threw the TV out 8+ years ago.

There's one over at Dad's but I don't watch it more than maybe once a month or less--education shows or sci fi movies.

The news--even Fox--became far too dreary for me long ago.

And, personally, I found that Fox seems to lie LESS--far less--than CBS, CNN, MSNBC etc.

I realize that those who's biases are in gestapo black booted lock step with the globalist oligarchy would prefer the brazenly stupid lies of CBS, CNN, etc to the at least portions of truth from Fox.

BTW, I don't trust Bill OReilly as much as I was prepared to initially. I keep wondering if he's a globalist stooge sleeper agent garnering mostly conservative followers . . . only to lead them over the cliff as lemmings at some critical point.

HOWEVER, I DO LIKE that OReilly does have the courage to say some things desperately needing said and to ask questions desperately needing asked that most other MSM outlets wouldn't touch.

edit on 26/6/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

But

But why? People called for bombing Germany. It did not start out as a world war and, in fact, it was weak people like Chamberlain who let it grow into a world war because they wanted peace at all costs. Bombing of Germany killed hundreds of thousands of women and children, yet it was necessary, unfortunately, and saved even more lives.

ISIS is just like the nazis--they murder women and children and execute prisoners. How long do you allow evil to act unfettered. Chamberlain showed us the folly of appeasing evil. Shall we repeat his mistake?

I disagree. The purpose of the media should be to lay everything on the table--pleasant or unpleasant. You may disagree with some of the viewpoints presented in the media--and that's good, but you don't want to censor it. You don't want to limit it to stories and opinions you are comfortable with. Because if you do, you will be lead by the nose and you will not understand anything. What we need is not censorship, but a wide open free for all of information that is absolutely free and unfettered and then you must take on the individual responsability to study and research and make up your own mind. Restricting information helps no one.

These terrorist organizations aren't ingrained into the power structure of any specific country. When we went into Iraq we destabilized the place and greatly weakened them. They used to be one of the best countries in the region to keep terrorists out and we ruined all that. What are we supposed to do against ISIS? Go back into Iraq for the next 30 years? How about Syria? Jordan? Iraq? Lebanon? Saudi Arabia? Yemen? If we actually want to wipe these groups out we need to go in and conquer pretty much every single country. Then we need to stay there for several generations while we forcefully change their culture. That's not a task we can take on, we simply don't have the manpower for it and we don't have the money for it.

Iraq is a clusterf*ck and we're to blame. It's unfortunate but we need to just accept the defeat and move on. It wastes the lives and money that was already lost there but atleast we don't waste more. In the end it doesn't even eliminate these terrorist groups, it instead just pushes them to Asia and South/Central America. The best way to actually eliminate these groups is to leave them alone. Literally every single thing we do in their sphere of influence makes them angry and gives them a justification to fight. They don't want to be involved with us, so lets give them what they want and get out. Over time stable countries will redevelop and the ability of terrorist organizations to conduct wars will decline.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

We are all susceptible to subtle suggestions. Marketing teams and psychologists understand it, but the average person would never know what hit them.

In the case of hip hop I see proof for subversion. The radio presents the gangster side and nothing else. I think repetition is an important part of training.

all the different reasons add up and soon you have a general population that doesn't give a damn.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED. I greatly agree.

Which, of course, was the objective of the oligarchy to begin with.

Brain dead, numbed down lemmings, sheleple, serfs, slaves are much easier to manipulate, !!!CONTROL!!! herd into the death chambers when the time comes.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Just another partisaned clown who wants to attack the other side because he thinks there's a legit divide. Come on, people.

Yes, Fox sucks. We all know that. But what about the rest of them, such as MSNBC (which happens to be on the other end of the false divide)? No, no. Of course not. They don't lie nor twist the news to benefit the agenda their financial backers want them to. That's just crazy talk. Fox News is the only corrupt and dangerous media outlet.

By GOD, King! They're beating him like a government mule! Will somebody, please, stop the damn match!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Fox News is ‘fanatical, terrorist, propagandist’ and ‘more dangerous than ISIS

Terrorist? No.

But the rest I agree with. FoxNews is a very dangerous entity in that they force opinions, perpetuate lies, use half-truths and false logic to form opinion and have no moral compass to guide their "journalism".

Some may say the left-leaning media is the same way, but I would disagree. FoxNews and the right wing media/political machine is light years ahead of anyone else in their propaganda and neurolinguistic programming techniques.

LOL. Translation: I don't like what they say so they are liars and propagandists.

No need for a translation. I think I stated my opinion quite clearly. It's not necessarily the opinions or topics they cover that concern me. It's the tactics and disingenuous nature of their approach that chaps my hide.

There are many times that I agree with what their host or guests/panelists have to say, but they use that little bit of agreement we may have to take issues and topics to an incorrect or illogical conclusion...stirring up controversy out of the mundane and inciting outrage where none should exist.

And that is any different from MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, how? I've seen blatent lies about things I was actually involved in on the other networks. Methinks ones hatred of Fox is ideological, not practical.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
i'ma just chime in here right quick.....

i kinda like you, Marlin, but i don't think you're quite right on this one...

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
There is a few differences here, first of all we have a permission system here where you have to ask for authorization to shoot and kill anyone.

if you lie in order to get that permission, what difference does it make if you asked or not? you still carried out the act under false pretenses...

Secondly these people clearly had weapons, I am very familiar with firearms and the RPG stuck out the most, it wasn't clear if the reporters in the video had weapons or not I would suspect from the helo you couldn't tell.

No.....the whole thrust of the thing is that they claimed that the reporter had an AK, or a missile launcher...it was a camera. i'm also familiar with firearms...what they reported, when requesting authorization to engage, was NOT what was actually present on the ground.

ISIS shot unarmed people just driving down the road, once a Iraqi military soldier surrendered he was executed on the spot.

so did american contractors. if you remember, blackwater got themselves a fair bit of notoriety, after reports showed up in the news that they had been found to have been driving around iraqi neighborhoods in the middle of the night, indiscriminately firing into people's homes, and cars...so don't act like american occupation forces never did anything distasteful, or evil over there..

Any reporter running around jihadis takes his life in his own hand, just like ours did during the second war armed or not. If you remember one of Fox News reporters took a nasty head wound from an RPG, and Daniel Pearl lost his head televised in full youtube color

what made them jihadis? is it because they're brown? or wear funny clothes? or because they speak arabic, or farsi?...you do understand that not every person in the middle east is a terrorist, or a jihadist, right?

Lastly for the children how could have the pilots known? They were inside the van out of sight.
This is one of those horrible things that happens in war, maybe one should ask why would you take your kids into a free fire zone?

it's kinda hard NOT to take your kids into a free fire zone, when most of your goddamn country is classified by it's occupier as a free fire zone...

the easy way to avoid these kinds of things, is not to lie about weapons, so you can light some people up because you're bored...hell, if the federal government had adhered to this principle, we never even would have gone to iraq....

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo3Foxtrot
Just another partisaned clown who wants to attack the other side because he thinks there's a legit divide. Come on, people.

Yes, Fox sucks. We all know that. But what about the rest of them, such as MSNBC (which happens to be on the other end of the false divide)? No, no. Of course not. They don't lie nor twist the news to benefit the agenda their financial backers want them to. That's just crazy talk. Fox News is the only corrupt and dangerous media outlet.

By GOD, King! They're beating him like a government mule! Will somebody, please, stop the damn match!

MSNBC and Fox are two sides of the same coin but where MSNBC will only alter tapes to make someone sound racist, encourage lynch mobs, and get tingles up their leg. Fox advocates carpet bombing anyone who is different and never ending wars against poorly defined ideas.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The

The only region why Iraq was stable under the Baathists was because Saddam and his Olga would feed dissenters into the chipper-shredder. It was stable because of a dictatorial iron fist. Like the Balkaans the underlying ethnic and religious conflicts were held in check by the iron fist of the Soviet Union and then, after the Soviet Union fell, those old conflicts came out. Are you willing to agree with the brutality needed to keep those fanatical factions in check? I wager you are not.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

so, was it your intent to simply "dazzle" us with your incredibly ignorant opinion, or did you plan to follow up later with actual facts, and knowledge?

if so, i'll wait...if not, then BOOOOOOOO!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

And that is any different from MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, how? I've seen blatent lies about things I was actually involved in on the other networks. Methinks ones hatred of Fox is ideological, not practical.

ABSOLUTELY AND TOTALLY TO THE MAX.

And rather unthinkingly knee jerky in response, in my observations. Blame Fox. Think later, if at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join