It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Signs That You’re One of Those “Crazy Preppers”

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

good luck to any that try. At least it will stock up the freezer/meat house

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Your vacation home is built deep in a remote mountainside ..

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Ok like I said I always,have candles and as for a couple tanks of propane well what if one guy is just seriously into barbecuing like you know Bobby Flag or someone ? a reply to: MojaveBurning

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

originally posted by: AccessDenied
" You never speak of your preps to anyone outside your own home or that you don't plan to bug out with."
Never know who might plan to rob you instead of buy their own.

That sounds like a paranoid personality type just goes with the territory.

Paranoid/Cautious...Potato/Tomato...lol

Peace

LOL. You're funny. Potato/tomato

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Don't feel alone, I too answered no to all those questions.

At least we can rest easy, knowing we're not one of those "Crazy Preppers."

And yet we are members of a conspiracy theory website so somewhere sometimes we are still waving the crazy flag. LOL.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnIntellectualRedneck
a reply to: jude11

Other signs:

You spend some time at least once every few days looking for anything that could become a "trigger" and then monitor the situation closely.

Prepping is a major reason that you are anti-gun control.

You know at least three different ways to harvest water after a grid failure, half a dozen different food sources in your area that don't include agriculture, and what crops can be regrown from leftovers.

You have left a decent job/employment market to "strategically relocate".

You left said decent job/employment to live on a plot of land in the middle of nowhere using skills and tools that would make an Amish person smile.

You imagine life after "the collapse" is going to be exactly like The Road or The Book of Eli, and it makes you equal parts nervous and excited.

Before you strategically relocated, you cross referenced everything from average rainfall, to average temp, to the location of the nearest body of water, to local population, to the proximity of nuclear reactors...and now you're sitting there silently scolding me for not mentioning an obviously relevant stat when one is choosing such a location.

You think "The Village" is actually a movie about a group of preppers.

The motivation to finally stick to your New Year's resolution to diet was prepping.
I'd laugh at this if it wasn't so sad. I sure hope you're not living life like this . That's not living.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
You only teach your kids to take things by force from the "bad people" who refuse to share.

A modern day Robin Hood? It's still stealing you know.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
In twenty minutes? What are you going to do in that timeframe? If you live that close you're under water too. a reply to: nugget1

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I identify with about half. I don't feel like a crazy prepper, though... I feel simply prepared.

Agreed. Imho, failure to prep is crazy.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
In twenty minutes? What are you going to do in that timeframe? If you live that close you're under water too. a reply to: nugget1

Once again, you seem to have taken over another person's thread, leaving negative responses for every poster.

Your lack of knowledge and research is showing. I don't live below said dam, so my residence is safe, thank you.
The people who do live 60 miles below the dam are in a very deep valley that is less than 3 miles wide. A 5 minute drive in any direction would put people on safe ground. The dam is monitored, and though it has 2 very large leaks, most likely there would be several days of indication that it was going to completely fail.
In the event of an earthquake, people below the dam know it would be wise to head to high ground and wait for an 'all clear' before returning.

Have a pleasant day.
edit on 6u22America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Yup I live in an area that gets earthquakes, tornadoes, and occasional major fire danger... if your not prepped for a bug out your crazy in my book.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
You only teach your kids to take things by force from the "bad people" who refuse to share.

So you teach your kids to be Marauders?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You moved into a motor home and have trained to be ready to roll in less then 30 minutes day or night.

you live in earth quake country and laugh because you live in a motor home and it just rocks.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm no prepper, but I can identify with a lot of these!

originally posted by: jude11

1. Pantries are so mainstream…you have food stashed in strange places in every room of the house.

Due to extremely limited cupboard space in the kitchen, canned food has been known to be stored in the desk drawers, under the bathroom sink, in the laundry room, and we keep any sweets we get in the underwear drawer. The kids flat refuse to hunt through our undies for it.

2. You have enough toilet paper to get through a year of uncomfortable digestive upsets…occurring with 6 people simultaneously.

*cough* Well, when the sale's good, and I have damn good coupons...Storing it the last time was a hell of a challenge, 24 six-packs from someone working in a retail chain. The store cleared out their old store brand stock to put out new stock with redesigned packaging, and the employees went nuts buying it up at a massive discount. We bought quite a bit off her, lol

6. When you’re forced to interact with “the others” you feel like you are awkwardly censoring your true opinion.

But, I'm on ATS. I kind of feel that way about talking to others about things to begin with

7. You think nothing of treating an injury or illness yourself because “what if there was no doctor?”

Everyone should know how to do that within reason! It's called "taking care of yourself".

10. You have more manual tools than power tools.

Indeed. As the husband says, power tools are useless without power. Manual's always a sure bet investment for the long term.

11. You’ve washed entire loads of laundry by hand for either necessity or practice. (And not just your dainties…we’re talking about jeans and stuff!)

Yep, plus I've washed cloth diapers by hand before we had a W & D. If you can scrub those every day, you can scrub anything.

19. Instead of CNN, you have alternative news sites bookmarked in your favorites on your computer.

I'm as guilty as any other member of this site with this one

21. You have enough over the counter medications stashed away to outfit a small-town pharmacy.

And vitamins/minerals...

25. When the power goes out, you calmly light the candles and proceed with whatever you had been dong previously.

Damn right. The shower's not over until I say it's over. Power be damned.

26. A longer-term power outage is called “practice”.

I called the week+ power loss after Hurricane Frances "fun!". Everyone thought I went crazy.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
If you live for tomorrow more than you do today, perhaps you could take a look at your priorities. If planning for the future isn't enough and you are ALREADY living as though "The Time" has come, perhaps your priorities are askew.

Skills are more valuable than supplies.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
1. You know the edible flora and fauna of your region.

2. You know at least 3 different ways to start a fire without matches or a lighter.

3. You vacation as a hobo for the urban survival experience.

4. You own a copy of the anarchist cookbook.

5. Apocalypse predictions give you hope.

6. You know how to stabilize gasoline.

7. You know how to brain tan a hide.

8. You have studied field medic manuals, and are reasonably confident you can perform an amputation, or an emergency trachiotomy if you need to.

9. You criticize the walking dead for what they are doing wrong.

10. You know how to turn a bicycle and an alternator into either a windmill or a hydroelectric power plant.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

#31 Your read a thread about preppers and then figure out how many examples fit you.........More than a few myself.
edit on 17-7-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
nice list

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join