It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found an Unknown Object in the Woods Today. What is it ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Check these sightings to see if any are near where you found your thingy.
American Meteor Society

An iron meteorite can be worth as much as $400.00 a gram. If you can associate your rock with an observed fall, you might have something there but if considered a find it is less valuable. Meteorite Collecting

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Just think, that rock could be 150,000,000 years old and inside there could be a Iphone....Break it open man.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Looks like it may be from a glass factory of some kind. I've also seen something similar that came from the floor of an automotive factory paint room, where they dip the bodies into the paint.

Check the hardness first thing. If you have a stainless knife, see if it scratches it or if it instead leaves a line of metal, meaning its harder.

Softer I'd say paint, harder its likely glass.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ah finally!
I see you've found my whatchamagiga!
If you could please return it,I need it for my whatchamagathat.

Jokes aside, I'm not sure what it is, but looks burned. Perhaps molten too.
It looks ceramic too, for sure not a rock.

I doubt this was a product of nature, and am guessing it was some man made object, that was thrown in a fire, and melted and changed its original shape , then the fire went out, and this is what remained.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You should go to a nearby college like a previous poster suggested. You won't really get anything here other than bias, really.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Not a METEORITE...

link   
Personally, I think it looks like slag waste. I often find similar looking rocks on the shore/slag bank where the steel works used to be.....could be wrong though.

link   
I say break it open, there could be an OOPART in it

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Fossilized corral that has been tumbled smooth in the water.

img0.etsystatic.com...]F ossilized Corral
edit on 25-6-2014 by RocksFromSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Why the medical teaching section? Do you think that it might be a bezoar?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
a reply to: WhiteAlice

If it were a conglomerate, I think it'd be more "lumpy"

Yeah, agreed, and not as glossy. Looks like the OP's piece has been polished? I think that the "slaggy" looking bits are really neat.

That rounded and polished appearance is probably an indicator that it's been transported by a river at some point in its long, long life. My guess is that it's probably a mix of minerals like quartz and chalcedony all swirled together. The pothole pattern on it is pretty cool, too. Makes me wish three things--1. I still had my geologist's glass and 2. I could look at the rock through it.

Nifty find.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Looks like fossilized organic material to me. Perhaps it is/was an egg of some type. As many others have said, just get it checked out by an expert at a local college.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battlefresh
That looks to me like a chunk of ceramic that was glazed and fired. Probably just a failed project that someone decided to bake anyways. My sister used to design ceramic jewelry, she had clumps like that all the time.

Here's a random pic off the internet for an example. img0.etsystatic.com...

Yes, it does look like a mixture of different materials that have been heated. Paint, Plastic, Tin or Ally and maybe marks of seeds that burned away.
edit on 25-6-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
maybe a seed pod of some kind? hence the maraca effect (seeds inside).

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: METACOMET

I was going to say ancient Pet Rock but you already know what it probably is… an old Turtle egg that didn't hatch.

The object was found about 200 yards from the river when we came to a sandy area where the turtles like to lay their eggs this time of year. The Coyotes also like to dig up and eat those eggs. The object was apparently dug up by one of the Coyotes. It lay half buried in a pile of sand.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: METACOMET

It sure looks like Whale Vomit ambergris, for perfume can be worth a lot of money.
www.nbcnews.com...

Look on Google at pictures of whale vomit.
edit on 25-6-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
It be a dragon egg... You should keep it warm.

After removing all flamable material.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
to me it looks like Flint!
beautiful what ever it is.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
Why the medical teaching section? Do you think that it might be a bezoar?

Since I've not seen it (in person) or touched it, I was just trying to offer a low-cost (if not free) suggestion for the member to have it looked at (and in to) without physically damaging the 'thing'. Someone had mentioned having it scanned so I thought of the medical department. This is not to say that the object shouldn't also be shown to the Geology department.

It's a puzzle that requires many facets and questions to be dismissed and answered before coming to a better understanding of what it is. I was just attempting to making it an cost-effective venture.

Whatever is decided , I certainly hope that we here at ATS will be kept apprised on this quest...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Me too, I thought that your idea was a very good one that I wouldn't have considered, I don't have much experience with rocks or geology. It was just that your suggestion made me think "Bezoar", are you familiar with them? What the OP has looks like one, really.

edit on 25-6-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join