It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird object spotted in Guatemala from Airplane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
So recently I was checking out pictures I had taken from my trip to Guatemala and I stumble upon this strange image I took while on the plane heading back home from Guatemala. What is this strange object? You can see in the other picture I took just seconds after that the object is completely gone! If you zoom closely into the image you can even see some figures in the object, not sure what to make of it very weird though indeed! What do you guys think?

Image with object: i.imgur.com...

Image without object: i.imgur.com...

edit on 25-6-2014 by tecunuman911 because: Had to add image links, image uploading does not work?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tecunuman911

I think....you forgot to post the pic's

Hmm...Good one.

Most obvious is ballon or the usual lens flare....but it's hard to tell.
edit on 25-6-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Sorry just posted the pictures, for some reason the uploader isn't working I tried on firefox and chrome. But I posted on Imgur so you can zoom in and see it bigger. a reply to: Mianeye

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Im going with a water droplet
Its not there in the next image because its blown off the window

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Reflection from inside the cabin?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

If you look at the pic without the object there is a small black something out there

Dead center just above the white cloud

I zoomed in it is not a bird just wanted to let you know

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tow69

Nice spotted... there actually is

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Wow yeah you're right I hadn't noticed that maybe it could be the object floating away?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It's a reflection/flare, when zoomed in you can see other lens flare-ish type reflections surrounding it

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

That would be very unlikely, i can se on the cloud cover that the pic's are taken right after each other, so if it was floating away it would be floating very fast in a wierd direction.

I think all of the suggestions so far are plausible, but i'm at lost for once.

I like it

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

There is another small black spec the size of a pixel in front of the lower half of the jet engine... which is probably just that, a lost pixel... but the thing in question is odd... and yes, lens flare or water droplet are the most likely... though it has a hint of motion blur on one side, which is odd.

Neat photo and nice presentation.

ETA I'm not so sure the second black spec is a lost pixel, now, as it is in a different part of the photo field, but stays in the same area of the scenery... just a tad in front of the jet engine about level with the writing on its casing.
edit on 6/25/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tecunuman911
Sorry just posted the pictures, for some reason the uploader isn't working I tried on firefox and chrome. But I posted on Imgur so you can zoom in and see it bigger. a reply to: Mianeye

You need to click on the upwards arrow after selecting upload, a bit odd I know.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Yeah it is very strange I just want some answers from an expert on these kind of stuff It looks just to white to be a water droplet and looks far way and in motion. Additional information this photo was taken without flash with an HTC One M8
edit on 25-6-2014 by tecunuman911 because: Added additional information

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122
It's a reflection/flare, when zoomed in you can see other lens flare-ish type reflections surrounding it

Please pay attention to this and realize the case is closed. I noticed the same. Airplane windows use double pane glass and reflections show up 2-4 times, depending on the angle. This could have been a small speck of dust or moisture, but you can't rule out lens flare either.
edit on 25-6-2014 by LogicalRazor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalRazor
Yes, airplane windows can end up resulting in strange reflections, like this one:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6554174e811.png[/atsimg]
Oldfield UFO
The planes I fly on can produce 4 reflections even without the camera, though it think it's one pane of glass and one pane of polymer (plastic) but each pane has two sides so that's 4 possible reflections and the camera lens can add even more.

If you saw the UFO when you took a picture of it that would be a little different, but when you notice reflection-like things later when reviewing your pictures or video, you probably shouldn't get too excited about that.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Ok Thanks for your comments guys I think this is resolved!

top topics

join