It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long does it take to kill a animal in a hot car

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
They won't let people buckle a kid in the front seat where you can't forget him as easily. I guess this could be blamed on the laws. Yes, you can forget that you did not drop off your kid if your thinking about something else, I know a handful of people who wound up at work with their kid over the years. Nobody who actually left the kid in the car though. If they hadn't looked in the back they could have made the same mistake though.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I've watched one die in the car I think it took like 45 minutes? Windows barely cracked in triple digits....

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Are you saying that this guy made an honest mistake and it wouldn't have happened if he could put the child in the front seat?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Even a large dog could die within 5 to 15 minutes depending on the outside temperature and exposure to direct sunlight. You just don't leave a toddler unattended even for a minute. He should have got a babysitter or called in sick.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I'm saying it may not have happened if the child was in it's car seat in the front seat. It is hard to forget about a kid when it's right next to you in your view. Just last fall someone the wife knows forgot to drop the kid off at daycare. She saw the kid in the backseat as she was checking her windows to make sure if they were shut from outside of the car I think. I don't think forgetting to drop the kid at daycare is an extremely rare occurrence in the rat race we live in. Most don't end this way though, most people notice the kid as they are getting out of the car.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I'm sorry but that's a bunch of B.S how the hell can you forget that you buckled your child in your car and drove from chick filet to his work that is only a half mile away? How?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I have a really hard time believing he "forgot" the child, since he came to the car at lunchtime. He would have seen the child then. Hard to believe he'd "forget" to drop him off, too, since that would be part of a daily routine. I'll wait for all the evidence, but what we have thus far makes him look like a murderer. A rear-facing seat, in the back, should be visible from a rear view window, and most parents have additional mirrors to see the child as well. Hard to imagine him not noticing the child was still there.

As for the time, not long at all. I had a thermometer on the dash of an old vehicle, and once, when the outside temp was around 98-100°, the car interior was 160°. I'd think no more than half an hour, if that, would be needed. For those that drive with a dog, think about that, please. Even cracked windows don't lower the temp much.

This case.......horrible, no matter what actually happened. Forgetting? Hard to imagine, but damn, if memory is that bad, use a system! Put something you need beside the car seat, such a a purse or briefcase. Something.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Hold still, please. This won't take but a moment.

Nothing you said is remotely funny, or productive in the slightest.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They won't let people buckle a kid in the front seat where you can't forget him as easily. I guess this could be blamed on the laws. Yes, you can forget that you did not drop off your kid if your thinking about something else, I know a handful of people who wound up at work with their kid over the years. Nobody who actually left the kid in the car though. If they hadn't looked in the back they could have made the same mistake though.

Now that's a valid point. However, you can still see the seats in a rear view mirror, and most parents have one to see the child via the rear view as well. Still, if it's true that he went to the car at lunch, and supposedly didn't notice the child then, I don't buy that he "forgot". I wonder what other evidence they have. I don't want to accuse someone if this was an honest error, but it looks pretty bad right now.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I'm sorry but that's a bunch of B.S how the hell can you forget that you buckled your child in your car and drove from chick filet to his work that is only a half mile away? How?

How many times have you forgot something because you were thinking of something else. How many times did you forget a bag of something in the car when you got back from the store. I am not trying to justify this person's actions at all, I am just trying to say that things like this can happen without an intent to purposely kill anyone.

A person should not let something preoccupy them and forget a very important thing like a baby in a car seat. But it happens all the time. How many people get in accidents because they get preoccupied with a cell phone. How many people forget what time it is because they got preoccupied doing something and forgot to pick up their kid from school on time. How many times did you go to the store and forget the main thing you went there for because you got sidetracked.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

You can't see the seat if you put it behind the drivers seat many times. I am not trying to justify what this person did, I am just trying to show that it can happen and that a front seat car seat would make this less possible to happen. This event does not have to be an intentional act. Doing something stupid does not make a person guilty of murder. It could be a manslaughter charge though.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Forgetting you left a non living item in your car is one thing but leaving a child??

Please don't have children if you have that type of attitude.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I've had children and grandchildren. I have not left a kid in a car, but I do know a handful that have but they caught the mistake before too long. They have set rules lately to make it a crime to leave kids and pets in a car unattended. Before, almost everyone left their kids and pets in the car when they went shopping. That was normal. But people got preoccupied and forgot about the kids when in the store and kids died or wound up getting hurt. Now, the people who got preoccupied did not mean to hurt their kids, they just weren't thinking.

Back those days, you did not need the key to open a window, a young kid, not a baby, could roll down the window. But we invented electric windows that couldn't be opened without a key. This caused more problems with this too.

I grew up waiting in the car while the parents were in the store.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Upper Michigan gets pretty hot I bet, regardless it sounds like you are blaming today's technology and forgetfulness for this kids death and ignoring some of the facts.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I, like you, do not know all the facts yet. That is for the jury to determine. They will have all the facts. I am not blaming technology, I am stating what I observe. Not seeing the baby increases the chances of someone who is preoccupied to mess up. It is not technology that makes the law saying a kid has to be strapped in the back seat. it is a rule. The kid does not have to be in the backseat when it is in a pickup truck without a back seat or if the back seat is full of kids under four. I don't care who you are, everyone messes up some times...especially if they are preoccupied with thinking of something else. I messed up less than most people, but I still occasionally messed up. Nobody is perfect at everything, if a person thinks they are, then you should be seeing a psychiatrist because obviously they are delusional.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

You can't see the seat if you put it behind the drivers seat many times. I am not trying to justify what this person did, I am just trying to show that it can happen and that a front seat car seat would make this less possible to happen. This event does not have to be an intentional act. Doing something stupid does not make a person guilty of murder. It could be a manslaughter charge though.

Well, I guess that's true. I never placed one there, for that very reason. In fact, with the three younger kids, having a car with no passenger airbag, the seats went in the front. It would be interesting to know just where the seat was in this case. If it was an accident, then he should be cleared. If not, I think he should fry.

I have to wonder if the guy had any sleep issues, and perhaps memory problems as a result. Some people don't think clearly when they are short on sleep for any amount of time. Forgetting the child; if he truly did, there has to be a reason.

Maybe we will hear more details on this one. It looks pretty bad now, but I am willing to consider all the possibilities, no matter what my initial inclinations might be. Sometimes, evidence isn't what it appears to be. Good work keeping us on track, and looking at both sides.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
That's what police are saying they found on Justin Ross Harris work computer after his son died in the back of his car when he said that he accidentally forgot him.

I'm truly at a loss for words.

www.myfoxla.com...

Bring him to Phoenix and lock him up in a car for him to suffer. We should all sit around and drink cold beers and have misters and fans cooling us while we watch him die. Yes, it sounds brutal....I will not say anymore. Don't want to think about the child.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I've had children and grandchildren. I have not left a kid in a car, but I do know a handful that have but they caught the mistake before too long. They have set rules lately to make it a crime to leave kids and pets in a car unattended. Before, almost everyone left their kids and pets in the car when they went shopping. That was normal. But people got preoccupied and forgot about the kids when in the store and kids died or wound up getting hurt. Now, the people who got preoccupied did not mean to hurt their kids, they just weren't thinking.

Back those days, you did not need the key to open a window, a young kid, not a baby, could roll down the window. But we invented electric windows that couldn't be opened without a key. This caused more problems with this too.

I grew up waiting in the car while the parents were in the store.

When I was a child, there were times I waited int he car. Never in serious heat, but when it was fairly comfortable, I did. Those days, people didn't worry so much about strangers taking a child, either, of course. We played all over the neighborhood, with no worries, but my kids don't. It wasn't a crime, either, to leave a child while you ran into a store for something quick. And, yes, windows you could crank down by hand made a difference, too.

These days, people do have a lot more distractions. Cell phones, which some people never seem to put down, busier schedules; these things can contribute to someone forgetting something, or yes, even a child. We also don't know if taking the child to daycare was part of his daily routine or not, and that does make a difference. If he did it regularly, forgetting seems far less likely, because routines tend to be come automatic. For example, I would drive to the daycare on days I knew my son had already been picked up, out of habit. If, however, it wasn't in his habit to drop the child off, that's another story. The article doesn't tell us that.

Whichever the case, deliberate or not, I hope we get the facts, and the right thing is done, and people don't get so set on an opinion (either way) that the truth is buried.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Just an update for anybody interested in this case.

abcnews.go.com...

It seems the mother was also looking up info on the internet like her husband but she was actually looking up children in hot cars.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
These two pieces of trash planned this and need to die by lethal injection. I'd prefer the electric chair. They decided to get rid of their kid. I just wonder if they had any life insurance on him?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join