It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone needs to study Ideomotor (swinging pendulum) phenomenon.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

So...our thoughts can manifest form then is what you are saying yes Phage?

Yes. Our minds can make our muscles move.
Just made my fingers type that. Weird...I did it again...whoa!

edit on 6/26/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Phage...now you're being pedantic and silly.

Apply that physics brain of yours here just for a mo.
To make an object move firstly in a clockwise direction and then counter clockwise whilst being suspended by a piece of string in the time frame shown here would indeed involve more vigorous muscular application than just the flat of a hand applied to the top of a cup and wishful thinking.

By the same token if it was that easy, everybody could do it and be able to shift a piano upstairs by the touch of their hand alone.

Nope....try again.
Rainbows
Jane

edit on 26-6-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Get outta here!
Care to share what it doesn't prove then?

I would suggest a better designed experiment.

One that negates movement.

What's wrong with that?

You are just being silly I know.

Rainbows

midicon

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

To make an object move firstly in a clockwise direction and then counter clockwise whilst being suspended by a piece of string in the time frame shown here would indeed involve more vigorous muscular application than just the flat of a hand applied to the top of a cup and wishful thinking.
No. It takes very little effort to move a small pendulum.

By the same token if it was that easy, everybody could do it and be able to shift a piano upstairs by the touch of their hand alone.
The mass of a piano is quite a bit greater than that of a small pendulum. It requires a bit more effort to move a piano.

edit on 6/26/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Well, to be fair, I scrapped the cup and used a 1.5 liter wine bottle. Conclusion? Micro-muscular.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Can you try the same experiment with using a different body part other than your hand? Is there some "metaphysical" reason the hand must be used? I'm just wondering if you rested your forehead (for instance) on the top rather than your hand that the some micromuscles may not come into play.

Loved the video. Thanks so much for posting that!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: midicon

Well, to be fair, I scrapped the cup and used a 1.5 liter wine bottle. Conclusion? Micro-muscular.

I like that...

I didn't realise at first that it was a video you had made when I commented but I never suggested subterfuge.

Regards

midicon

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Well, I removed the video after experimenting with the wine bottle. I'm at the opinion it really is just a subconscious thing. I fastened the string to the center of the wine cap, tied to something solid while placing both hands over the top. Nothing. Not a peep. I doubt putting my head on the wine bottle would do anything other than me considering a lobotomy.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Way back in my Pseudo-Science and the Paranormal undergrad class, the prof set up an experiment to debunk dowsing.... suffice to say he didn't debunk it and in fact, it's one of the things that started me down the slippery slope to questioning common wisdom about much of the paranormal.

Involuntary muscle movements do move the stick or pendulum... but there might be more to it. Certainly, some people are far better at it than others.

It's a personal grey area for me, too, and if thirsty in a desert, I just might find a flexible stick and see.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

No. It takes very little effort to move a small pendulum.

Prove it.
Prove how a resting hand on top of a cup, in the time frame given in the vid, can make a pendulum move clockwise and then anti clockwise without there being physical connection to said object and no obvious or discernible movement of that hand is enough to get the object to change direction.....go on....show me how little movement would be required to do that.

The mass of a piano is quite a bit greater than that of a small pendulum. It requires a bit more effort to move a piano.

Granted, but by proportion, A person should be able to move said piano by oneself. Still being pedantic I see.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I got busy and couldn't comment earlier, but I was going to say that I have to agree with others here. It's clear from the video by the way the cup is framed by the border that the movement of the cup corresponds to the pendulum swinging. I see though from your last post that you already realized that. I was going to suggest using something a little more rigid and stable like a glass, but you used a wine bottle. I assume this verified that it was the hand movement?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Yea...it's crap. Sorry angel. I'm a skeptic now. Dowsing on the other hand...who knows.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The video itself shows you.

And the OP has reached the same conclusion.

I think you just have the hots for Phage.

Rainbows

midicon

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Hey, no worries! Yeah, who knows about that dowsing business though huh? It is interesting to say the least.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
OK....so you repeated the experiment with a wine bottle placing both hands on the top yes?
Would you mind giving that a go just using your dominant hand please?

Rainbows
Jane

PS......Sorry Phage you asked about the John Wayne and dowsing for water, and I completely forgot to reply, my apologies.

The story goes that John Wayne and his son dowsed the location of the film set for water supply, as it would have been horrendously expensive to tank the fresh water required daily for actors, crew and animals. They located areas of water and sunk wells, which are there to this day.

The movie set, later known as Alamo Village, was constructed near Brackettville, Texas, on the ranch of James T. Shahan. Chatto Rodriquez, the general contractor of the set, built 14 miles (23 km) of tarred roads for access to the set from Brackettville. His men sank six wells to provide 12,000 gallons of water each day, and laid miles of sewage and water lines. They also built 5,000 acres (2,000 ha) of horse corrals.[7]

Alamo

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Now if I could only convince the "bird lady" below me that the birds don't really care if she calls them by name and whistles to get them to come to her balcony. Ah to each their own I guess...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It's futile. Right hand, left hand, screaming at it. Nope doesn't listen. I feel like the crazy bird lady in the suite below me. Time to move on to more important things.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I've used a pendulum to find lost objects before. Car keys, etc.

The knowledge of where my car keys are is there in my mind, and the trick is to let the unconscious mind use the ideomotor effect to communicate with my conscious mind, which can't recall the information. Just gotta get out of its way.

Whether you're talking about the pendulum, the I-Ching, the Tarot, a turtle shell, astrology, chicken guts, or a random number generator, systems of divination need a) synchronicity and b) a medium of randomness for the synchronicity to manifest in.

edit on 878Thursday000000America/ChicagoJun000000ThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Ohoh......did you say you fixed it through the bottle top....was that metal?
Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join