It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone needs to study Ideomotor (swinging pendulum) phenomenon.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Not at all! Go for it. I know you can do it.
I've taught countless people to dowse, and it is so much fun seeing the look on the nay sayers faces when the pendulum starts moving

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It would be easy to test the pendulum. Just get someone else to suggest questions that you don't know the answer to.

I watched a documentary a few years back and it tested dowsers on their ability to detect water, they all failed.

I think there could be value in the pendulum swinging but not in the way people think. It may be a rather crude way of accessing information in our subconscious minds. It need not be supernatural or anything like that.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

It would be easy to test the pendulum. Just get someone else to suggest questions that you don't know the answer to.

And how do you plan to account for all the variables that can influence psychic functioning?

Or do you just plan to ignore all the evidence that parapsychology has accumulated over the decades?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Here it is...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I don't have permission to view it. I'd like to see what you've done though.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

It's not playing in the browser? I've got it set to private but I can watch it on ATS. Perhaps I'll change the settings to public

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Ok, now it's playing for me. Haven't watched yet but I will now.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

And how do you plan to account for all the variables that can influence psychic functioning?

Or do you just plan to ignore all the evidence that parapsychology has accumulated over the decades?

I don't really make plans.

Of course there are variables...endless variables...some might also just be excuses.

I have yet to see anything convincing, but it's not a big deal. I am always happy to learn new stuff and can only call it as I see it at the present moment.

You on the other hand seem a little defensive. How do you plan to deal with that?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hey Phage, would like to hear your comments on the experiment today.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

I don't really make plans.

Of course there are variables...endless variables...some might also just be excuses.

I have yet to see anything convincing, but it's not a big deal.

If you haven't seen anything convincing, then you haven't looked. It's a shame when people think to test psi, but don't think to look at the vast body of parapsychological evidence that can guide them. A frustrating shame.

You on the other hand seem a little defensive. How do you plan to deal with that?

I plan to pester people who don't think to take advantage of the parapsychological data ("pester ignorance" is our motto, right?), I plan to smoke a hookah and have a beer while sitting on the porch. After a bit of tennis and a bike ride.

edit on 725ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoJunuThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Do you really think that video proves anything?

2nd

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Woohoo!!!!

Well done sir!
If that don't beat all the 'pic's or it didn't happen' Lol!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Keep an eye on your hand rather than the pendulum. I can see your hand move at some points.
Your experiment does not rule out micromuscular movements either.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Get outta here!
Care to share what it doesn't prove then?

Rainbows
Jane

PS + Phage....

edit on 26-6-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I have looked more than most...perhaps more than you.

Bringing up variables is a good point but at the end of the day the list will be endless.

With things like the pendulum...unlike you I don't make the supernatural my first port of call.

My comment on its value was genuine.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ah yes, there is some very very minor movements but it's nearly impossible to keep your arm as steady as a rock. With that said, any minor movements should make the pendulum swing in the direction of the thread wrapping around the pen, front to back. Not circular. Especially circles in both directions. Try to consciously do that? You'd be rocking the cup. I've got even weight distributed over the pen and lid.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Yes. That's i'm not bull#ting

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Your hand "knows" how to move something in a circle. You don't have to consciously move of your hand, all that is necessary is to think about the result and your body does the rest.

Here's a thought, maybe placing the cup in a pan of water would produce ripples, showing that it is the cup that is indeed moving...or not.

edit on 6/26/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Your hand "knows" how to move something in a circle. You don't have to consciously move of your hand, all that is necessary is to think about the result and your body does the rest.

Here's a thought, maybe placing the cup in a pan of water would produce ripples, showing that it is the cup that is indeed moving...or not.

Ooooohhhhh....the bolded bit!
So...our thoughts can manifest form then is what you are saying yes Phage?......don't recall seeing any scientific study proving/showing that.
You finally got a foot in both camps now hon?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Kudos for the video.

I think if you could find a way to really stop all muscular movement then the pendulum would do likewise.

Perhaps you could invent the ouija pendulum. A little dark skull or somesuch and you could ask 'is anyone there?'

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join