It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone needs to study Ideomotor (swinging pendulum) phenomenon.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: anonentity

I think its the Japanese that use this method to sex eggs for the hatchery, apparently it works on an industrial scale.

No. They don't. They sex chicks, not eggs. In fact, it was Japanese researchers who developed the method of doing so.
www.reuters.com...

I love your mind phage!! thanks for the correction it was a quickie on my part.

However having come across this it might be worth a look. www.astu.blogfa.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
A quick look shows:
1) No indication of how pendulum testing was performed. Manually?
2) No indication of double blinding.

edit on 6/25/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: BlueMule

I like that answer. It satisfies both of my 'sides'. But there is one other oddity about it. It won't work if you close your eyes. But this opens up another interesting theory of mine for another thread...

Glad you liked it. I have a bit of experience with the pendulum and divination in general. Looking forward to your next thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have several dowsers of the pendulum variety and dowsing rods.
I have been dowsing for 20 years.
It was Michael Bentine that said and I paraphrase, "a pendulum is just a tool to access your subconscious." And I agree with him. But then that poses the question of what makes up our subconscious......does it indeed 'tune in' to other 'frequencies' that science as yet does not have the technology to detect? I believe so.
Ask Uri Geller how he made his millions using a pendulum whilst employed by oil companies, and John Wayne found water for the film crewe whilst filming The Alamo

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Oh no, you had to mention Uri. He's a fraud

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Ask Uri Geller how he made his millions using a pendulum whilst employed by oil companies, and John Wayne found water for the film crewe whilst filming The Alamo

Why would I ask Geller anything and believe him?

Any more information about John Wayne? That's a new one on me.

edit on 6/25/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

So you know it tends to "mess" with your head with contradictory answers sometimes. Maybe things you're not supposed to know, idk.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Can't find anything about John Wayne, but I found this.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

So you know it tends to "mess" with your head with contradictory answers sometimes. Maybe things you're not supposed to know, idk.

Yes indeed I do know. Psychic ability can be influenced by many variables. Psychological, physiological, environmental. Due to these variables, it can come and go. If it happens to go at a bad time, a legitimate psychic can end up being regarded as a fraud.

edit on 098WednesdayuAmerica/ChicagoJunuWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Here's another way. Put your hand over your heart and ask a yes and no question. Is my name (fill in the blank). You will rock forward and backward as if you were nodding yes. Or as if you ask if your name is mickey mouse it will rock the other way. Some will really rock while others will barely move. It will depend on how sensitive you are. You can do the pendulum thing or the way I just described to see if certain foods are good for you or not. It is just a way to get in tune with your body and the intuitive side of yourself. Some people have a hard time with it while others it comes easy. I use to use a pendulum to see if chakras were spinning the right way. Now I just feel the spinning with my fingers.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Dowsing is really an interesting thing. Lots of anecdotal evidence. Lots of methods. Lots of hypotheses about how it works (if it does).

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Wow. I'm speechless. I never would have thunk...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Calm down.
I didn't say I'm sold on it.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I was just about to give you a star for the consideration. Meh, what the hell

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
One of these days someone is going to make a mystic out of you, Phage. Then, heaven help ATS.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I had never tried this, but I thought I'd try a test to see how much the small body movements have to do with the outcome. I fastened a pendulum to an immovable object (a really sturdy shelving unit fastened to the wall above a section of my desk in my office (I'm at work). I figured that if all I need is contact between me and the system of string and pendulum, then I could touch the string where it is connected to the shelf. There is absolutely no way I can effect any movement on the pendulum in this way, I tried. The pendulum is suspended above the surface of part of my desk to my right.

Ok, I then placed my fingers on the string on top of where it is fastened to the shelf and asked questions. I waited, and waited, and nothing. Not a swing or circle or any kind of movement. So I thought, to be fair, I must try it just holding the pendulum in my hands with my arms propped as the OP describes. Nothing. No movement of the pendulum at all. So my experiment proves nothing except that I do not have whatever ability some of you posters seem to have. I'd like to see if someone who can make the pendulum swing would be interested in trying something like this and let me know the results.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Dude. You just gave me a great idea and I've been experimenting with something similar and my mind is blown, again...

This is what I did. I cut out a section of a coffee cup, punched a hole through the top lid, tied my thread around a pen and let the bob dangle into the cup. It swings easily this way, too easy actually. Placing my finger on top of where the thread is wrapped, I would ask questions. Problem here is, I've got way too much movement in my arm as I try to resist my own weight. Too shaky causing it to swing any direction. I wasn't getting good results. Instead, I rested my entire hand over the coffee lid and let the cup support the weight of my hand instead of me trying to resist. I would then repeat over and over, "clockwise". It began to rotate clockwise, no joke. Ok, then "counter clockwise" repeating over and over. It started moving counter clockwise, and fast too. As it picked up speed I would say "faster!".

I know this is just anecdotal but I'm going to try and get some video of this and spend some time YTing and embedding it here. Something is very strange about all this...

ETA: holding an iphone and doing this at the same time is kinda tricky.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I'm not sure I quite understand the setup you're describing, but yes, please do try to get some video of it. I'd like to see what you're doing.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
OK, something you need to know, you two who have been experimenting

When dowsing with a 'plum line' the cord needs to be wrapped over the first and middle finger and then supported by the thumb. Reason? Right hand = index finger = negative, middle finger = positive (ring finger = negative. pinky = positive) Thumb = neutral. (Reverse for the left hand so index = positive etc)
So when you are touching the string just with one finger you are using either positive or negative energy only. If you are placing your hand, you are transferring equal amounts of positive and negative.

I would film myself doing what you guys are trying to do too, but unfortunately I don't have a youtubby account so can't get it on here to show you. Sorry.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

I do feel silly filming myself trying to "coax" a stupid thingamabob in a coffee cup though. Something I'll just have to get over I guess

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join