It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Elk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Wow. Ok.
When one has been abandoned by one's family during a time of crisis and friends step up, yes unaware friends, but good people none the less, you don't blow them off because they don't keep up with the world stage. I really try not to judge people like that, though it is frustrating at times not to have many folks to discuss these things with. And as a matter of fact a lot of the people that I know do have better things to do with their time than sit in front of a screen all day in the summer time. People who are feeding their families for the coming winter. As for myself, I do try to at least stay aware of what's happening, but even I don't have the time to stay abreast of details. I guess it's too bad that we can't all be as discerning as you and only associate with intelligent enough people. One of the kindest souls I know is a severly autistic young man. I would rather carry on a conversation with him any day. Sadly, I guess he wouldn't be worth your time.

Thanks for your opinion of not liking the book. Maybe next time you will have something more constructive to say.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Changing my post have fun with your thread.

edit on PM000000300000000662632302014-06-26T20:32:54-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I guess it's not constructive to not like something. Ok. Only your opinion is valid. Have a great life.

edit on PMu30u0662634302014-06-26T20:34:20-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Back when, growing up on the shores of Irondequoit Bay, in Upstate New York, learning about the Five Nations, the Iroquois Confederation, was a fact of life. The Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, and Seneca nations managed to listen to a wise man and find mutual defense and support. The females had rights of ownership, and even could make a divorce. Living presently, near the town of Tuscarora, the Sixth Nation given membership after 1722. An act of protection against the English colonial powers. Begin there, and you discover the amazing stories and ideas of the inhabitants of North America before the European Exploration and Exploitations. Then, back then, being educated meant more than Rote Learning to pass official tests.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
#trollalert
So lets get this straight:

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I don't know anyone who doesn't know what's going on in the world.

Can you please elaborate on this? IOW, can you tell us, definitively, WTF exactly is "going on in the world" and do us all a favor by ending the debate and grey area that so many people encounter when pondering this question?

If you know people who are unaware of what's going on in the world you either live in a very remote area without tv's or you're not as particular about the people you associate with as I am.

Your judgement pronounced, simple as that huh? It's either one, or the other, right? Because someone "knows people who are unaware..."? FYI, 99.9% of everyone I know and encounter every single day are about as unaware as one can possibly be, and that is not a reflection of me, any more than it would be a reflection of the OP in the context presented in this thread. And let me get this straight: "you don't know" anyone that is "unaware"? Yeah, right. ( Matter of fact, based on your comments here, I think you are a living example, so look no farther than the nearest mirror.)

Either that or you're one of those people who just think they are better informed than e everyone else.
Exactly what part of the OP's thread do you pin this statement on? When she mentions a book that you were "unimpressed with" she definitely does not present it in a spirit of self-righteousness, nor has she done that with any part of this entire thread. And, "...one of those people..." - Really? What kind of unfounded prejudicial bull# comment is that?

Not sure why this isn't obvious to you but the OP was sharing information, and views, in earnest, because she valued them and clearly felt others here would too. She talked about combating ills of the world without harboring a spirit of hatred...

So what did you do? Promptly flamed her on the thread with unfounded and un-provoked attacks. Completely antithesis to the OP's stated intention.

Way to go, AutumnTroll. Did that make you feel "powerful"?

#trollalert

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AeternusLux
I am going to treat your post as the facetious comment I'm sure you intended.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

If you know people who are unaware of what's going on in the world you either live in a very remote area without tv's

right, because television is where all valuable knowledge comes from.

A lot of people are forming their awareness with television. Not ideal.
edit on 28-6-2014 by GoShredAK because: Punctuation error

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
What a wonderful thread! I have always thought Native American wisdom to be some of the best that the world has to offer!

I'm sorry you got hit by some 'Negative Nancy'- posters- they seem to live to find threads where they can start arguments and insult people for having opinions different than theirs. My guess is ATS is a release for all the bitterness in their life, so I try to do the right thing and send them some good thoughts, though it's obvious they'd prefer a good fight.

I hope you will consider sharing more of your knowledge, research and thoughts with us in the future!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join