It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the Problems with Science, as I see it

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Yep, we don't have a better science. Maybe we will someday, when the old guard dies out. Science advances one funeral at a time...

But having a crummy science doesn't have to stop people from seeing psi for themselves. Parapsychology has produced enough data to guide an intrepid seeker to eliciting it for himself.

[insert heroic music here]

edit on 706ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoJunuThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

I really enjoyed this thread guys.

A really nice civil discussion between Blue and After....

keep it up.

edit:

Science advances one funeral at a time...

think I'm gonna use that from now on

edit on 26-6-2014 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

originally posted by: The 5th
a reply to: AfterInfinity

I haven't derailed anything, please see my posts which address this topic. If you have nothing productive to add to my replies, then that is on you. I am merely replying back to your response. If that is off-topic, then that insinuates that you are also. By all means, add something of worth.

Sure! One could argue that skepticism of skepticism is, in itself, pseudo-skepticism. Being skeptical of skepticism is one short step away from a never ending cycle of ignorance. Because at that point, the only thing that will convince you is your desire to be convinced. And that's when skepticism has stopped doing its job.

Me disagreeing with you and pointing out a few reasons why you are being overly zealous, doesn't equate to me being some sort of dual skeptic, where I am sceptical about scepticism itself. You just pulled that out of thin air, however I will try my best to view everything with a healthy dose of discernment. I simply pointed out a few areas in a large area of research where you glossed over and ignored. You've still not really said much, apart from arguing about arguing....

And your conspicuous lack of professional research has me thinking you are full of crap. Instead of asking me to stop, take a step back and check your privilege.

This is moot and a nonsensical re-hash of a point you made earlier, which didn't make much sense then. I'm not sure what privilege has to do with anything.
edit on 26-6-2014 by The 5th because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2014 by The 5th because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

But remember, everyone is psychic. Even skeptics. And the unconscious mind calls the shots. What is to prevent the unconscious mind of skeptics from using psi to skewer the results of their replications, without their knowing? Nothing.

Actually, the inverse is the case. No one is psychic, even the psychics. What of the unconscious mind is preventing psychics from believing they are psychics? Nothing—except maybe greed.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

I love it when you make assertions like that, Aphorism. Every time you do, I become more and more convinced that you have no idea what you're talking about.

It gives me a good feeling.

Though it does leave me wishing for a worthy foe.

Just in case you have the courage to challenge your beliefs, here is some reading material and a vid.

www.amazon.com...

edit on 126ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoJunuThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join