It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamist fighters 'kidnap 90 women and children' from Nigeria villages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
From the Telagraph

Suspected Boko Haram gunmen laid siege to a series of villages in northern Nigeria for three days before taking 60 women and girls and 31 young men hostage, raising further concerns about the effectiveness of Abuja’s response to the militant group.

In a related Voice of America they say this time he took girls as young as a 3 year old toddler!

I don't get it... with all the outrage from the first batch of girls he took there was supposed to this big international contingent there.
What happened?

It said there were 395 students at the school, 119 escaped during the siege of the school, another 57 escaped in the first couple of days of their abduction, leaving 219 unaccounted for.

Clearly something went wrong in that not only can they not find the first group of kidnapped school girls now he's taken more kids right out from under the noses of everyone!

Since their army cannot protect those villagers they should just arm them--- give them a few AK's and let them protect themselves, and their kids----

This year, the Boko Haram insurgents have embarked on a two-pronged strategy - bombing in cities and a scorched-earth policy in rural areas where they are devastating villages.

Yup if their army isn't going to help--- they need to arm the villagers, period!

Maybe it's just me but there seems to be a lot of this radical Islamist mass killing and kidnapping going on around the world lately?
Makes me wonder if it's always gone on but it's only recently it's become news worthy, or if this is indeed a new trend?

join