It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No-Mans Land, The strange story of Allentown NY

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Craninalbliss

Let's take a trip

I ain't skeered.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Check with Floyd and see what he says.

Buck

edit on 15-4-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i hear there is a rock at the beginning of town. on one side its a smiley face and on the other side its a crying face. i would love to see pictures of this rock if it exists and if it does... i would love to know where in town it actually is as i would like to take a ride and see it myself. the trip is less than 3 hours from me

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hmmm. There is a new book coming out in June "Full Wolf Moon" by Lincoln Child, of Preston and Child fame. I was sent a few sample pages earlier this year and it sure sounds like this place.

The book is based on a location is Upstate NY in the mountains. And. Yeah the "wolf" part and "moon" are exactly what they sound like. Won't give anymore because of spoilers, but sure seems like the same place. BWwaaa!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Half these "Facts" are not even true coming from a actual dependent I could testify. My great uncle that lived there told me the people there would push others away and become hostile because how others take from them. Their land , farms and even their own children their many tragedies that has happened.
Why fuel the fires of a burning house?
So why say some bull# that's is far from the truth....

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: cgny518

I live in rural Saratoga County near the town of Day, which is where Allentown is. The people from other towns tell all the same stories you always hear about the Allens, but I think it's mostly just made up, people see Deliverance and believe that if you live in the hills you squeel like a pig and play banjo. Truth is, not all the Allens have red hair, just about half of them do. They are nice people who don't like it when people make fun of them being hillbillies. They are not all home schooled, some go to school in Galway and there's a high school in Lake Luzern which is right near Allentown, but it's in Warren County so it's the wrong school district. Galway is the only school in their district and it's a super long ride on a school bus! Maybe 15 or 20 miles. Broadalbin has a school but that's Fulton County so the same thing. None of the other towns around here in Saratoga County have schools, it's very rural, but Galway is K-12 so they get them of all ages. Lots of Allens in Galway school. Let's just say, not too many of them make valedictorian! Oh no now I'm telling stories. Anyway about 80% of them are named Allen and there's some Dunn's and some Pidgens and a lot of Kamath's, but mostly Allen. I work in a clinic in Glens Falls and we get a few Allens as patients and they are nice normal people. The Allens are usually poor but they know all about cutting trees and selling firewood, and can make money that way, one of them runs a tree sevice called Buddy's Tree Service, which you can call if you need tree work done, and he has about 10 pieces of heavy equipment for tree surgery, man lifts and such, they cut and remove trees for the power company and private people, all the men who work for him are Allens. The guy's a millionaire and his wife drives a luxury car and they live in a huge house right on hollow road. So obviously you never know how much of what you hear is true. What is true is that they are mostly related by blood, but they do marry outside the family so somebody is teaching them how to read.
edit on 17-6-2023 by dualkubota because: add info about Broadalbin

edit on 17-6-2023 by dualkubota because: add one word

top topics

<< 1   >>

join