It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky Higgs Physics Suggests The Universe Shouldn't Exist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Since the discovery of the Higgs boson particle a couple of years ago, some physicists are reaching a startling conclusion: the universe should have collapsed soon after it was created.

The Higgs particle generates the Higgs field, which is everywhere, and gives mass to all other particles.

Modelling this, along with cosmic inflation, some physicists are saying the newborn universe should have experienced "quantum fluctuation". This would have disrupted the Higgs field causing the universe to collapse shortly after creation.

Physicists are now trying to understand why the universe is here at all. Why is there something, instead of nothing?

The simplest explanation is that we just don't know, yet. There is nothing in Science that says it is wrong to say "we don't know". Observations are made, an hypothesis is formulated. If more observations and experiments support the hypothesis, it becomes a theory. If observations or experiments contradict the theory, it is changed or discarded. This is how science works, there is no final "We know everything" state.

Another possibility to explain this contradiction involves string theory, specifically supersymmetry.

One leading possibility, known as the theory of supersymmetry, proposes that there are superpartner particles for all the currently known particles. Perhaps more-powerful particle accelerators could find these particles.

So there may be exotic particles yet to be disovered, with names like squarks, selectrons and neutralinos.

Link

Some will say that scientists don't have a clue. This a simplistic view and indicates a basic misunderstanding of how science works. For example, without an understanding of quantum mechanics, computer chips could not exist, and you wouldn't be able to make a post saying science is wrong.

Some will say this proves the existence of God. Well, maybe "God" works in more complicated ways that we know of today. Science will try to describe how this happens. With future discoveries, we will know more about "how" the universe works. The "why" will always be part of metaphysics.

Should we throw out the Standard Model or just revise it?

Should we build larger particle accelerators to find even more exotic particles?

Are humans even smart enough to ever understand all the complexity of the universe?

Will we need to build artificial intelligence machines first, to help us get to the next level of understanding?

Source

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ionwind

When you think about everything in it's entirety, God really is something huh? If things like this don't make you believe in God, there are many other wonders of why things are the way they are or how things operate that make you think in the back of your mind that everything was created perfectly. Whether you believe in God or not, when science says things like this I know that little voice in the back of your head says, could it be possible that God made all of this? In my beliefs, I know God made it all but even for a skeptic you have to be wondering.....

Awesome find! It is truly amazing to the things we know absolutely nothing about yet and where we will be in even 30-50 years from now!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Physicists are now trying to understand why the universe is here at all. Why is there something, instead of nothing?

In before someone comes in and answers this question by saying, "God". I like the answer, "we don't know." It leaves room for development of knowledge. When you already pretend to have an answer it fills up space in your world view that could be used to find the real answers to things you don't know.

I will say that it's crazy how we answer one question or questions and suddenly all NEW questions appear that are even MORE baffling than the ones we just answered. Good job OP, S&F.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here's what gets me:

Our view and knowledge of the Universe, as supreme as it is, in my opinion is still extremely minimal.

If there was a scale from 0-100 to represent Universal Knowledge, we would be around 0.00473 at most, in the whole scale of things.

This of course, is entirely my opinion but if history has showed us anything, our current view of the Universe will probably be turned completely on it's head in 50-100 years. It's happened before and it will happen again.

It's an awesome time to live in no doubt.

But...this will all be very primitive in really not that long at all.

Behold, the Future!!

edit on 6/25/2014 by mcx1942 because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The universe just collapsed. Several times actually. Until there was enough of a foundation to have our modern universe Built upon the ashes of the former ones

Nobel Prize please
edit on 25-6-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

the universe should have collapsed soon after it was created.

But it didn't. Therefore, the equations are wrong. Once we start looking at shoulds and shouldn'ts, we are in over our head.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

In before someone comes in and answers this question by saying, "God"...

And... your too late.

I have always said the things we know as fact, may be laughable tomorrow. I truly wonder what it felt like; thinking the earth was flat. Then wake up one day to the revelation that it was indeed round. We know so much of so little but that is what makes each step exciting.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rockn82

Yea, he posted just before me. Oh well. I'll leave up there for all to see my mistake. No biggie.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

But it didn't. Therefore, the equations are wrong. Once we start looking at shoulds and shouldn'ts, we are in over our head.

Yes, something will have to change. I think this will present an irresistible challenge to physicists. They will certainly try to explain the contradiction. As some have posted, in 50 years, we will have a better understanding and probably more questions.

edit on 25-6-2014 by ionwind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yes, something will have to change. I think this will present an irresistible challenge to physicists. They will certainly try to explain the contradiction. As some have posted, in 50 years, we will have a better understanding and probably more questions.

I have a limited understanding of Quantum Physics. Are contradictions a normal occurrence?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Or the equations are right, but the values for variables are wrong...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I have a limited understanding of Quantum Physics. Are contradictions a normal occurrence?

When new observations or experiments contradict existing parts of a theory, then the theory is either changed or discarded. If it is discarded, a new theory is put forward. This happens all the time in every field of science.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Perhaps the Universe did collapse and we are just residual energy caught like ghosts in time.

You know, anything is possible.

But then I believe in a holographic universe...
*sip*
edit on 25-6-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

When new observations or experiments contradict existing parts of a theory, then the theory is either changed or discarded. If it is discarded, a new theory is put forward. This happens all the time in every field of science.

You mean falsified. I am speaking strictly about the mathematics of quantum mechanics, not any general scientific methodology.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Is it possible that the Higgs Boson particle is interpreted as a mass generating particle from the perspective of Aware energies that are governed - influenced by its field as to help the aware energies within its field formulate a atom perceived reality. So the atom based perceived reality "Designed" that was embedded with the atom material all CREATOR Soul/Spirit/Internal Energy would be eventually manifested within is being evaluated by energies within it. These energies within the said H-field would then SEE / Perceive a mass generated reality (even if those energies within are non mass based originally or Soul/Spirit/Internal Energy form) but manifested within atom based mass bodies/environment suits in order to Experience the reality the non-mass attributes of themselves cannot.
Following this subjective evaluation from ATS member Ophiuchus 13, energies existent outside this mass based reality awareness or perception in a astral body form "if granted the awareness level" may perceive this universes mass associated regions completely (maybe only see energy) or dimensions?

Another thought process is maybe there is a anti Higgs Boson like particle that as the hypothesized collapse happens and mass is lost the AHBP regenerates it/mass upon contact. FAR REACH-
Perhaps all the dark matter/dark energy detected is just regions this atom based perception cannot process from this level of awareness within the current e-suit forms many here carry human/other.

Quantum data is an interesting field to try and grasp, but this is the input 1 was able to provide as of now...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You mean falsified. I am speaking strictly about the mathematics of quantum mechanics, not any general scientific methodology.

No, I don't mean falsified. Your career as a scientist would not last long if you falsified your research.

The question I personally have is will string theory and supersymmetry be able to resolve the contradictions?

Physics beyond the Standard Model

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: rockn82

Yea, he posted just before me. Oh well. I'll leave up there for all to see my mistake. No biggie.

I love how by you saying nobody can come in and say God did this means anything at all to anyone. If you would get past that part of your post and really think about it all, the answer lies within that thought somewhere. When you try to put the pieces together, it isn't me using a generic God made this answer to all questions...My thought goes deeper than that and I made this conclusion on my own! I don't go to church and listen to some person telling me what I need to believe, I came up with this answer on my own when I looked at everything we speak about more in depth.

When you see things that just don't make sense, it is easy to say God is the answer but seriously think deeper into that thought...When I see a human body at work, the universe as a whole, planets/alignments, etc I see a very convincing answer to creation. I don't throw all thought out the window when I come to this conclusion and I know you don't like hearing the answer God did this or that, but there is more thought into that answer from me.

If you would open your mind and forget about the churches, religion and all of that and just think about God. Think about how stuff came to be and the answer is very clear to me. If you would give the answer you don't like a little thought and time, it just might amaze you to the possibility. Sorry you don't want to hear this and you constantly fight with me about my answer, but I am able to look at this topic in particular in a different way if you would like to give it a go.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
OUTTA BOX-

It would be a way to keep non mass based aware energies contained within a mass based-generated reality, w/o them knowing it as they perceive it totally as reality objectively.

Question is, is it for learning-experiencing or something more deceptive based like containment-controll?
edit on 6/25/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

When you think about everything in it's entirety, God really is something huh? If things like this don't make you believe in God, there are many other wonders of why things are the way they are or how things operate that make you think in the back of your mind that everything was created perfectly. Whether you believe in God or not, when science says things like this I know that little voice in the back of your head says, could it be possible that God made all of this? In my beliefs, I know God made it all but even for a skeptic you have to be wondering.....

Awesome find! It is truly amazing to the things we know absolutely nothing about yet and where we will be in even 30-50 years from now!

This is the science forum, not your pulpit.
edit on 25-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
Perhaps the Universe did collapse and we are just residual energy caught like ghosts in time.

You know, anything is possible.

But then I believe in a holographic universe...
*sip*

Because of the pixelation(i didnt spell that right did I?) of the universe, and the fact that we change the universe simply be observing it, just like in a video game, I would say this is at present IMHO one of the best ideas out there.

Very well put BTW!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join