It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 hot button topics: evolution vs creationism and gay vs straight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Dear ketsuko,

I think you have other arguments to offer to AfterInfinity as well as the one you used.

If you wanted to continue that discussion with him, you could say that he dodged the question, and put up a bizarre strawman that had nothing to do with the question of survival as a species.

His statement "So procreation is considered imperative to survival," Might serve as a warning to you. "Considered imperative?" How about "As procreation is essential for survival." That would bring the discussion back to the question. Which one society do you create if survival of the species is your overriding goal? Purely homosexual or purely heterosexual?

You might also point out a second strawman argument which he's used. That of, surely it's a human right to love whomever and however we please. Really? This is a pretty brand new "Human Right," just created (or discovered) in the last 40 years. You might remind him that the OP was not talking about human rights, but about more fundamental issues such as survival of the species and the creation of man.

Of course, you don't have to use any of those thoughts. Up to you.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I think you have other arguments to offer to AfterInfinity as well as the one you used.

If you wanted to continue that discussion with him, you could say that he dodged the question, and put up a bizarre strawman that had nothing to do with the question of survival as a species.

That was a transparent attempt at addressing my argument while avoiding a discussion with me. Nice try, buddy. And what question did I dodge, exactly? As far as I'm aware, I have posted nothing inaccurate in this thread, nor have I left any challenge unanswered. Including this one.

You might also point out a second strawman argument which he's used. That of, surely it's a human right to love whomever and however we please. Really? This is a pretty brand new "Human Right," just created (or discovered) in the last 40 years. You might remind him that the OP was not talking about human rights, but about more fundamental issues such as survival of the species and the creation of man.

I'm not even talking about the so-called creation of man right now. We'll get to that later if necessary. If human rights are not crucial to the survival of the human species, then why do our most sacred governmental policies reflect them?

Of course, you don't have to use any of those thoughts. Up to you.

You could be a dear and exercise better manners on the forum, but of course, you don't have to. Up to you.

edit on 25-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I guess I am the devil's advocate this time.

Your first argument assumes everything that happens is according to the will of God, and that is not true.

There are many things that happen that are evil in nature. Things like this occur because each individual has agency to choose what they wish to do.

Still thought provoking though

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
There is no "gay vs straight."

The only people who have problems with alternative sexual preferences are some heterosexuals. If those people gave up their hate it wouldn't be an issue at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Here is the real way the world was created. You have to scroll down the page to the creation story.
yoopersights.blogspot.com...
edit on 1-7-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join