It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apology to another member

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I've just been reading a mods communication to me which contained a copy of a post I made which the mod had deleted. My post was on corporate welfare, which I had made in response to a post by another member.

After reading the copy of my post I agree that I was more aggressive than I should have been in order to make my points. In the mods words I had 'called out another member.'

My apologies to the other member concerned. (sorry I cannot remember the other members handle) I will try to be more tactful in future.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

Hardest thing to do is admit we are wrong. Good for you.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
That is nice, we apologize far too infrequently today.
Kudos for a public apology.
You could have just U2U'd the member.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
That is nice, we apologize far too infrequently today.
Kudos for a public apology.
You could have just U2U'd the member.

He couldn't remember the other member's name.

OP - If you hate apologizing as much as I do, then I applaud you for doing so. It's hard to admit when we overstep our bounds to ourselves. When we have to admit it to others it gets exponentially harder.

Hopefully the other member is just as gracious in accepting.
edit on 6/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The reasoned action of Apologizing differentiates us from the other predators on this planet.
Well done.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Trying to be civil is the best way. This is a place to debate things and to bring evidence and ideas to the table. Always remember that what we say is real today may not be real tomorrow so don't commit yourself to believing something without researching the parameters and different interpretations of the articles you read. Even then we can be wrong, nobody is right all the time.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It shows a lot of character to admit you are wrong. You helped me a great deal on one of my threads and I can't imagine you saying anything that could be construed as being malicious.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've made a few posts and threads I have regretted. I am grateful for the mods and even other members that call me out for being rude of unnecessarily confrontational. It should NEVER get personal even if it gets heated.

Good on you for being able to admit a mistake.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If there were more people like you in the world, with a conscience and empathy more powerful than their ego, the world would be a much, much better place. A world with less sorrow, less war, less suffering. I was crying just now, about something in my life. Your post helped me. Thank you (and the Universe for the butterfly effect.)

edit on 6/26/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Good for you for apologizing. I think most of us have either gotten a little heated or trollish in the past. I certainly have. It's also pretty easy to come across as being far more abrasive than intended online. I have a big problem with that. I write the was I speak, so I sort of forget that people can't pick up on my cues/facial expressions.

Perhaps ask the mod for the persons name so you can apologize more formally.

new topics

top topics

join