It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens war on US over Kim Jong-un movie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is most likely a publicity stunt. It seems to be working really well.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

You never watched Team America: World Police did you?

You utter git. I now have "I'm so ronery" running through my head!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: jrflipjr
Don't MAKE me pull out my copy of Team America!

I admit it .. I loved that movie too.

Gets the point across in absurd comedy. Excellent.

The word you are looking for is satire. That is the form of comedy that Matt Stone and Trey Parker use. And yes, they are some of the best satirists of our time. I happen to be a satire aficionado (if you couldn't tell from my profile picture, which also happens to be a south park reference heh)
edit on 25-6-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I can't stomach Seth Rogan, let alone, another Seth Rogan movie. yuk

Kim should stop being so sensitive. Get even. NK should make a movie that would make Seth squirm. That's how Kim should be thinking....

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If my suspicions and Seth Rogan's past movies are any indication, I have a feeling that the movie will end up painting Kim Jong Un in a positive light.

I suspect that the main characters will be sent by the CIA to assassinate "dear leader" but once they meet him, they find out he's not such a bad guy so they don't follow through with their mission.

I don't think the movie will end without an unsuspected plot twist. The trailer even says "will ATTEMPT to assassinate..."
edit on 6/25/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
If there is one thing Baby Boy Un is good at, it's throwing a temper tantrum.

What a vile, disgusting, little individual. I am not sure his threats will cause folks to fear his retaliation or not. At this point nothing would surprise me.

"Temper tantrum"? Well I find this a totally unnecessary direct provocation.

How many movies are out there that the objective is to assassinate and at the same time to ridicule a nation's leader / president currently in office especially using his own name, and also ridicules the whole nation along with it?

I've seen that being made with dead and former presidents, but never with presidents currently in office.

You dont see that being made to france, italy, or england... and HEAVEN FORBID you do that with someone from the middle east because you know how they react to cartoons, so if hollywood would pull a stunt like that with someone from the middle east, they would find a way to burn "hollywood" to the ground and probably kill, maim and behead a few americans related and unrelated to the movie, inside the US and abroad.

So... why do that to North Korea? Using his real name? Totally disrespectful.

Its a totally unnecessary provocation - I dont think its an act of war of course, but it should be treated as a diplomatic incident. I dont care how crazy little kim is, but the movie should be cancelled and formal apologies should be issued - at least.

Man I just have to point out here, you are being rediculous, he is not a president, they are elected in actual honest and fair elections, ones where you dont have a gun to you and your kids heads in the voting booth.

This guy is a bad as hitler or stalin or mao at least.

How many north koreans starved to death last year because of this guy?

How many were worked to death in a "labor camp" by which I mean a slave labor until you die of starvation camp.

Dont defend this POS, he deserves to be lampooned in all media all the time.

All he has to do not to be the butt of every joke is stop being a POS.

It really is that simple.

Was this the PM of England? No , do you know why, he isnt a POS anywhere close to this scale.

How about obama? Nopers, you know why? Even emperor obama wouldnt dream in his worst case of idiocy doing half as much in 8 years to the people as this douche does in 8 days.

Just talking to someone supporting like you have makes me feel dirty, now I need a shower.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

You never watched Team America: World Police did you?

You utter git. I now have "I'm so ronery" running through my head!

Oh you....! lol.. You realize that's contagious??

I'd forgotten Kim's lonely little song...really..I had..

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonoftheSun

Seriously though, when I was a kid, I wanted to impress this girl by having a small firecracker explode while I was holding it.

But the thing just went pfffffffft....... nothing. Needless to say, by wanting to play tough, I looked dumb.

The story of Kim Jung Un's threats in one little word.

Pffffffft.....

I just have to say here, that is one of the funniest memes I have ever seen, very well timed, and just classy enough, and trashy enough to be perfect.

Thanks I needed that really bad today!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Considering how he treats his people maybe he should take this as a warning.

At least his father was mildy entertaining with his grandeur over the top behavior and interests. This kids just an ass. A killer; a little man boy minus a set.

So I hope this does come off "disrespectful". He ain't s# to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Oh please!! Haven't you all seen the Pistachios commercials? The Taco Bell commercials? The Axe commercials?? There is a Kim Jong Un in a commercial for all 3 of those companies and they are pretty much making fun of him in each.

Kim Jong Un has sorta became a staple of American comedy lately. - I thought it was hilarious when I saw them portray him in a commercial but once I saw a trailer for this movie all i can say is, "Damn, America is awesome" because only we would attempt to and could get away with such jokes haha.

I absolutely love Rogan and Franco. Cannot wait for the movie - also knowing their movies, the kill probably does not even happen!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Oh please!! Haven't you all seen the Pistachios commercials? The Taco Bell commercials? The Axe commercials?? There is a Kim Jong Un in a commercial for all 3 of those companies and they are pretty much making fun of him in each.

Kim Jong Un has sorta became a staple of American comedy lately. - I thought it was hilarious when I saw them portray him in a commercial but once I saw a trailer for this movie all i can say is, "Damn, America is awesome" because only we would attempt to and could get away with such jokes haha.

I absolutely love Rogan and Franco. Cannot wait for the movie - also knowing their movies, the kill probably does not even happen!

Hey guy, that is Psy not kim jung in the postachio commercial, he is a south Korean musician.

here are gangnam stlye and gentleman BTW, world wide hits on the top of the charts.

Just saying, this guy is huge and a good guy, the other......lets not confuse them shall we?
edit on 2014bWednesdayv1020146 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014bWednesdayv1620146 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Soooooo ronery.

welp. he declared war. so i had to squish him.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Doesn't he threaten to wipe us off the face of the earth every couple of weeks?

All of his threats are just for the people living in NK to make him look like he is a big boy.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Input accepted that threats are always sent. It is however hard to see logic in fanning a already oxygen induced flame w/o considering the potential affects from its flame burn or warmth from the flame...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

North Korea can do nothing to the US, or Nato, even if they wanted to. Withouth China they are alone and the Chinese are much to dependant on foreign economies to risk anything. And I doubt very much the huge North Korean starving army can do much to anybody.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Chazam

I don't think NATO enters into a Pacific regional issue. It sure shouldn't.

I do think any nation state has the potential to do damage to others though. North Korea is known to run criminal activity out of their Embassies for hard currency, among other things as just one small example. Support for causes or groups that create havoc within a host nation is very well within their abilities though, and especially when they've become somewhat known for awfully good counterfeit U.S. currency. That could buy a lot of havoc if they chose to go that way against Western nations.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Im declaring war Nkorea because I can't stand looking at kimmy's Mr Potato head haircut.There I said it and don't you all deny you were thinking the same thing!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturniWell I find this a totally unnecessary direct provocation.

Well, I totally agree.

I also think threatening an actual war where people will die, be wounded, and possibly even irradiated over a ridiculous movie, no matter how insensitive, is "totally unnecessary" and of far more serious import. I know which one triggers my righteous indignation.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
North Korea has been rattling the sabers every few months for years and years (which is getting old, believe me I know). It is funny to me that NK's little dynamo of a leader is so upset but I understand making a movie about assassinating a current leader is "touchy" but whatever.....deal with it NK. You suck anyway.

Now, having said that. I believe the time to "worry" about NK and their actions is when they are the most quiet. They seem to have periods where they are almost weekly making hollow threats of destruction and washing the streets with the blood of their enemy.....blah, blah. When they are not talking is when the world should be paying the most attention.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I heard Kim Jong Un is playing himself! Times are hard for NK, you've already seen him in the Linx adverts, now he's doing movies!

HERROOOO, WAKE UP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join