It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens war on US over Kim Jong-un movie

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

North Korea has promised "merciless" retaliation if a forthcoming Hollywood movie about killing Kim Jong-un is released, say agencies. A North Korean foreign ministry spokesman said in state media that the movie's release would be an "act of war".

He did not mention the title, but a Hollywood movie called The Interview with a similar plot is due in October. Hollywood actors James Franco and Seth Rogen star in the action-comedy film.

They play a talkshow host and his producer who are invited to interview Kim Jong-un, and are subsequently recruited by the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to assassinate the leader.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent

North Korea has promised "merciless" retaliation if a forthcoming Hollywood movie about killing Kim Jong-un is released, say agencies. A North Korean foreign ministry spokesman said in state media that the movie's release would be an "act of war".

He did not mention the title, but a Hollywood movie called The Interview with a similar plot is due in October. Hollywood actors James Franco and Seth Rogen star in the action-comedy film.

They play a talkshow host and his producer who are invited to interview Kim Jong-un, and are subsequently recruited by the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to assassinate the leader.

www.bbc.co.uk...

LOL, this is like ethiopia declaring war on us, who cares?

No plz north korea, dont send your army with your navy across hslf the world to attack us over a movie.....ahahahahah lol

Is this from the onion?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
If there is one thing Baby Boy Un is good at, it's throwing a temper tantrum.

What a vile, disgusting, little individual. I am not sure his threats will cause folks to fear his retaliation or not. At this point nothing would surprise me.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

What are they going to do, bleed on the US or something?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

HAHAHAHA this movie looks funny...will be watching it...Kim dong un can eff right off!!

He is a proper idiot!!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Another excuse to extort concessions from the west/S.Korea/Japan.Or else.What makes the lil"dear leader"dangerous is the damage he can inflict on S.Korea and of course...he has nuclear weapons.
Needless to say being a pampered, spoiled little bit..er brat just adds to speculation on what he may do.
War over a Seth Rogen comedy? This dog needs to be put down before he starts killing people outside of his own personal hellhole.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
in a way he has ended up promoting the movie lol. people will want to see it just because of all the fuss.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Its observed that not many movie plots show attacks on land mass leaders and perhaps he wants the same respect? Will it be a actual cause of war not sure future rippling effects maybe. But never underestimate your potential counter for who knows what has been designed in those chem/bio labs that don't exist that could harm many. Maybe Hollywood should atleast consider name / movie plot changing altering...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I was wondering if NoKo would have anything to say about this movie.

I wonder if his daddy cared about Team America?

Either way, F that lil dude.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik
in a way he has ended up promoting the movie lol. people will want to see it just because of all the fuss.

You may be right generik.Im no fan of Rogen or Franco BUT yes now I am interested in this movie!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Maybe as a response to little kim they should release the film early.
I bet that would get his panties in a wad and maybe full of kimchee too

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
North Korea threatens war about once a week. If they really are ever upset about something nobody will ever know. Imagine if the US threatened war on Hollywood everytime the White House is blown up in a movie.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

What a vile, disgusting, little individual. I am not sure his threats will cause folks to fear his retaliation or not. At this point nothing would surprise me.

"Temper tantrum"? Well I find this a totally unnecessary direct provocation.

How many movies are out there that the objective is to assassinate and at the same time to ridicule a nation's leader / president currently in office especially using his own name, and also ridicules the whole nation along with it?

I've seen that being made with dead and former presidents, but never with presidents currently in office.

You dont see that being made to france, italy, or england... and HEAVEN FORBID you do that with someone from the middle east because you know how they react to cartoons, so if hollywood would pull a stunt like that with someone from the middle east, they would find a way to burn "hollywood" to the ground and probably kill, maim and behead a few americans related and unrelated to the movie, inside the US and abroad.

So... why do that to North Korea? Using his real name? Totally disrespectful.

Its a totally unnecessary provocation - I dont think its an act of war of course, but it should be treated as a diplomatic incident. I dont care how crazy little kim is, but the movie should be cancelled and formal apologies should be issued - at least.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
ROTFL, had he kept his mouth shut, this wouldn't be getting press & thus making people want to see what his hissy fit is all about. I know that had I never heard of it, I'd probably have never seen it unless by pure chance. I've never heard of the actors in it, so it's not like I'd have seen it as a fan following their work, either. Now I want to see it because he's acting less mature than my 5 year old over it.

Live & learn, Lil Kim. Stuff fades easier if you don't mega-tantrum over it.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well they are desperate for us dollars maybe the producers flipped him a couple of thousand to promote it.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

"Temper tantrum"? Well I find this a totally unnecessary direct provocation.

How many movies are out there that the objective is to assassinate and at the same time to ridicule a nation's leader / president currently in office especially using his own name, and also ridicules the whole nation along with it?

I've seen that being made with dead and former presidents, but never with presidents currently in office.

You dont see that being made to france, italy, or england... and HEAVEN FORBID you do that with someone from the middle east because you know how they react to cartoons, so if hollywood would pull a stunt like that with someone from the middle east, they would find a way to burn "hollywood" to the ground and probably kill, maim and behead a few americans related and unrelated to the movie, inside the US and abroad.

So... why do that to North Korea? Using his real name? Totally disrespectful.

Its a totally unnecessary provocation - I dont think its an act of war of course, but it should be treated as a diplomatic incident. I dont care how crazy little kim is, but the movie should be cancelled and formal apologies should be issued - at least.

THIS! I agree 1000%.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

Respect? The same respect Nkorea shows when they threaten to decimate the region unless he receives his bribes? Im sure there are many countries who would like the lil madman removed from the land of the living.Respect

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Don't MAKE me pull out my copy of Team America!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
North Korea considers everything an act of war and this rubbish just puffs up the chests of those useless fools who 'acted' in and made this travesty of what now apparently passes for a movie.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Just put it on YouTube instead. That should prevent any problems.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join