It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

31 Years into the Future with Ray Kurzweil (campkillcommentary)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Hello ATS. As some of you already know, I make Video Game Commentaries for Youtube with many of them having topics that some on ATS find interesting. I return with Commentary #31 titled "Thirty-One years into the Future with Ray kurzweil"

As all my science vids it is me singing and/or rhyming over footage of me playing video games. This commentary shares the views on the future of technology according to the famous inventor Ray Kurzweil. Kurzweil is the Director of Engineering at Google and the mastermind behind inventing such technologies as OMNI Optical Text Recognition, the first musical synthesizer to feature real orchestra and piano sounds and the first CCD Scanners.

Ray Kurzweil has made a lot of commotion in tech circles with his many predictions of the near future that all lead to a moment in human time called "The Singularity".

While many stand behind him on his predictions, many others say he is out of his mind. The truth is he has a long list of prior predictions that have already come true (including the year a computer would finally beat a human chess champ and the fall of the USSR).

This video was not made to debate if Ray's views are solid or just fantastical mistakes in his logic. This video simply brings you along the next 31 years to 2045 in the eyes of Ray Kurzweil.

I personally enjoy reading Kurzweil's thoughts on technology's future or hearing him speak on such subjects as immortality, virtual worlds and the Singularity hence why I added this video to my collection of science vids I have made. I hope you enjoy.

MM

edit on 25-6-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2014 by Mr Mask because: Fixing the future.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

S&F!

Great video commentary! I really enjoyed it!

But I feel some members will see Ray and his proposed future more like this ...

What did you do Ray?

Will it be a big friendly Mr Stay Puft Singularity?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

Thanks for the positive review on the vid, first off! And yes, many folks in and out of the academic battlefields all say Ray is too optimistic. Even Hawking says a real danger could be coming soon in the form of Artificial Intelligence that overthrows mankind.

BUT I do enjoy ray's sunny views. They are always a nice and happy way of seeing the future. A change of pace from the norm.

MM

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
LOL - I hit the YT vid then stepped away for a moment. Totally thought slim shady was talking for the 1st 30 seconds - I listened to the whole thing a few times after that.

Excellent vid & topic, I look forward to reading what this bloke is all about - cheers.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Aww man thanks! Always happy when someone enjoys the results of a long night's work of coffee, singing and editing. Just making content for those who enjoy it. Thanks for the awesome words on it all.

Also, ya, researching Ray will always result in a lot of awesome material to think about. He has many books on the subjects of the future, humans becoming computers, The Singulairity, and the speed it is all coming at us.

Love reading Kurzweil and he has some really good lectures online.

MM

edit on 25-6-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2014 by Mr Mask because: spellz badz

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well done..

My favourite one of yours is about Jacques Vallée.

Glad to see you on ATS!

edit on p1256Wednesday20141752014fAmerica/ChicagoWed, 25 Jun 2014 12:56:57 -0500 by philozofer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask
a reply to: DietJoke
Even Hawking says a real danger could be coming soon in the form of Artificial Intelligence that overthrows mankind.

Sometimes, I think we might be better off with an AI in charge, which brings to mind the "Computer Council" from the 80's Buck Rogers T.V. series.

Anyway, I always like your commentaries. You just found yourself another subscriber.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: philozofer

That is one of my favorite vids I ever made as well. I love Vallee and find his work very interesting.

Thank you very much!

As for being on ATS, hell ya! ATS is my favorite website in the world and has been since around 2007 (if you can't tell by some of my videos lol). I will be reading and posting on ATS till the day I die or get banned here. Ha!

Thanks so much for the kind words and you are awesome sir.

MM

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

It reminds me of the immortal words of the wise Twiki.

"Beedeebeedeebdeebdee, WHOA BUCK!".

Thanks for subscribing to the channel bro, its always great to have someone new aboard. Hope to keep you aboard. I will do my best to keep entertained and/or laughing. Hugs homie!

MM

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
When they put the tech-chip in our minds, we will forget being human and start being machines. World peace at the hands of a peaceful genocide that results in an intelligence explosion. Can't wait...sign me.

MM

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Sorry. But nope.

He's clever and perceptive etc.

He doesn't seem to be in tune with God's priorities or script, at all.

I think it's highly more likely that tech will be scaled back dramatically.

One prophet type says . . . removed entirely. That's hard to conceive of but even that is more likely than Ray's predictions.

I think he's also in danger of being far too overly full of himself.

The video was one of the most annoying videos I've suffered through in a long time. I only did it because you posted it, and my respect for you. I'd much preferred to have read the content.

Sorry to have such a negative response but there it is.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Horrible video. What's with the 3D shooter game as a background when you're talking about something completely unrelated?
Or should I use 'rapping' about something completely unrelated?

I had to stop watching about 60 seconds into the video and tried to skip ahead to see if the 'rapping' stopped.

Just awful.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I like futurism, but it's wrong more than right. I watched the video and my sense is the world is a lot harsher than that. Ray Kurzweil has good intentions and good insight about technology advancement, but there's a harsher side to life I think he's unexposed to or not privy to. While there might be AI dramatically smarter in 2045 and computers that can compute on the scale of a brain, I also think there's still going to be people dying of diseases (many of which will be the same as they're today) and people driving old beat up vehicles and/r most of what we see today. Most of hte stuff you see out in the world today is going to still be around in 2045, it'll just be a different style and mixed up with some more advanced stuff like mostly hidden away in the hands of the rich. There won't be a singularity. In 100 years, there'll still be billions of people stuck on Earth wondering if there's a God and getting intoxicated on some drug or alcohol. But by then there'll probably be some humans on Mars too, or at least on the moon.

Here're some things I think we'll see in 2045 but much more advanced:

edit on 1-7-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LS650

Since you failed to understand the OP that clearly explained what was "with the 3D shooter behind the topic". I run a channel called CampKillCommentary. over a quarter million happy views in the last 5 months. I'm just making music about stuff I enjoy, while shooting punk campers and posting it online.

Sorry it confused you.

Hugs.

MM

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LS650

Lol oh and as for your hate for rapping, or just "my rapping". The reviews of my work say your opinion is not important. The rewards I get from doing this cause me to ignore your hate for my hobby.

Besides...if the rapping stopped, so would the views.

MM

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Hey no worries. It was just a musical run down of Ray's view. Some people make the mistake of thinking "my opinion" is the video's topic, when in actuality it is a commentary about someone's opinion other than mine. Kurzweil surely has a vivid imagination and a lot of passion. I can not say I agree with his predictions and I see a darker future ahead.

But the video was titled "31 years into the future with Ray Kurzweil".

not

"31 years into the future with some dude".

MM

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I couldn't really listen to this, because of the style. But, I get it that it's the way you do things. However, pretty cool that he is a futurist, and has predicted things in the past. We need more people believing in the future, and not scrambling to analyze what's happening 30 seconds in the past or future.

People need to believe in the future, and that it will be better.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
LONG LIVE CAMPERS!!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I think I understand.

Congrats on your audience size.

I don't know if a warning about the rap size on a forum like ATS would be worth the bother, or not.

I recognize that I'm seen by many as a "fossilized old fart" rather stuck in his ways and conservative 'easy listening,' Christian, classical etc. tastes. I don't even like "Christian Rock" nor the church worship amplifiers set at 85-125db!!! LOL.

Thanks for your kind reply.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Jonny, I also share a darker view of the future than Ray. most experts do actually. Ray's bright views of the future are far apart from the norm and very much in dispute by virtually all those weighing in on the matter.

That was the reason i decided to make this video about ray's thoughts. Because they are left field of all most predictions.

I do not put much trust in Ray's positivity but I do respect his expectations on computational growth as well as his thoughts on technological achievements soon to come. Does he get the years correct? Who knows. Some I think he is far off, others I think he is spot on.

Either way I enjoy Ray and all he has to say. Thanks for the thoughtful reply to this vid and for posting here.

MM

top topics

<<   2 >>

join