It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Fukushima Reactor 4 on Fire in May 2014 - Are they true?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Yes, I know, I am a bit behind the times at present, but have only just become aware of the reporting of a fire at reactor 4, Fukushima. The first thing I did was to search here, but did not find anything. I then looked at the Japan forum and ordered it in date of thread being posted and still nothing from May 20 2014 showed up on this. On a wider google search there is video of something going on all over youtube and lots of reports (some from not so reputable sources) on a possible incident.

Anyone know about this or can confirm it is not true?

General google search linky

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

He] recalled feeling fearful when he learned that fire had been confirmed at the No. 4 reactor at 9:38 a.m. Seventeen minutes later, Shimomura wrote that TEPCO reported: “The fire is out of control.” It was only at about 11 a.m. that the blaze had burned out by itself.

Published: June 13th, 2014 at 11:14 am ET

O fficial’s 3/11 Notebook: Concern half of Japan to be “covered in nuclear waste!… Those 60 and older should be prepared to die” at Fukushima plant — “Fire out of control” at Reactor No. 4

-
OPINION:

I think this is a narrative of what was happening on March 15, 2011.

AND

I don't see ( can't find ) any report about a more-recent fire at #4.

edit on 25-6-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Think it's just one of the usual Youtube rumors, based on getting more viewers....

There are no reports anywhere..

Well.... other than the one above which is from the 13th

FUKUSHIMA DIARY.. NO evidence to support the rumor of “fire on reactor4″

Another rumor is prevailing on the internet.

Some people are saying reactor4 is on fire. They are based on the “Live” camera of Tepco.

The issued video (below) was taken from 20:00 to 21:00 of 5/20/2014. It captures something red and they are assuming it should be the fire on reactor4.

I can’t objectively assert there was absolutely no fire in Fukushima plant on 5/20/2014, but I can at least state the rumor maker doesn’t know where reactor buildings are located. From judging the accuracy of this rumor maker, I entirely doubt the credibility of this story.

edit on 25-6-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

a reply to: Mianeye

I think your opinions are correct and that the fire being reported in ENENews is actually a quote from 2011 and not 2014 (phew!) Also seems to be corroborated by the fukushima-diary.com website.

Thank you to you both, for that clarification, although Fukushima is still a worry, it is not as much of an imminent disaster as I first thought, having come across the new youtube rumours.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Haven't heard nothing. This is the lastest news here.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

its reaching the water supply

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
a reply to: FarleyWayne

a reply to: Mianeye

I think your opinions are correct and that the fire being reported in ENENews is actually a quote from 2011 and not 2014 (phew!) Also seems to be corroborated by the fukushima-diary.com website.

Thank you to you both, for that clarification, although Fukushima is still a worry, it is not as much of an imminent disaster as I first thought, having come across the new youtube rumours.

No, it is an ongoing disaster.

The fire report is definitely from 2014 and the story has been squelched.

You do realize Japan passed a law in December of last year making non-government approved reporting on Fukushima punishable by 10 years in prison, don't you?

edit on -05:0043146532014-06-25T11:53:43-05:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It's really hard to tell. I'm not sure why one of our broadcasters would be afraid of a media threat by Japan. It is suspicious they don't report anything on it though (CNN, FOX, etc.).

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec
It's really hard to tell. I'm not sure why one of our broadcasters would be afraid of a media threat by Japan. It is suspicious they don't report anything on it though (CNN, FOX, etc.).

Eh?

It's "really hard to tell" what you're referring to.

CNN and FOX aren't in Fukushima prefecture investigating ANYTHING!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Yes i find it crazy no one knows about that crazy law they passed. Why... Only one reason, to crush and stop more damaging information from coming out. The world community should have called foul and said uh nope no way. This effects the world and the world should have demanded to take control of this along time ago.

You guys do realize they still have to pump thousands of gallons of water in there every single day. This water continues to leak into the ocean, killing it and us with it.

Ah people say it's just the ocean and it is no where near us lol. Wrong.... Lol..

We get sixty percent of our air from ocean life that is now disappearing as we speak.

You want to look for stories, look for stories of everyday people like you and me taking radiation readings from dead seals and fish etc all over the Pacific and on our west coast. This information is being crushed too and die offs being misreported as disease break outs etc.

You won't hear a word from Hawaii but yet it is glowing lol. People living on the west coast are being poisoned and not even being told of any danger.

What did people think. These radioactive isotopes don't go away in water and they have a life of several thousand years. This stuff does not just sink it gets in the current going everywhere killing as it goes. Don't eat seafood unless you know where it came from.

This is the real story.....

The Bot

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I live here and I didn't hear about the law being passed. I see why NHK English is the only place now to get information on it.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I agree it sure is an ongoing disaster and not a dwindling one either. How do you know the fire was actually from 2014 and the story squelched?, do you have some info you can send me/ post?
No, I did not know that there had been a law on the reporting of Fukushima passed, wow, that is scary for lots of reasons.

I love fish and especially prawns, but I have to admit it is not just the price that puts me off buying them these days.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos

I agree it sure is an ongoing disaster and not a dwindling one either. How do you know the fire was actually from 2014 and the story squelched?, do you have some info you can send me/ post?
No, I did not know that there had been a law on the reporting of Fukushima passed, wow, that is scary for lots of reasons.

I love fish and especially prawns, but I have to admit it is not just the price that puts me off buying them these days.

Because it was from a Live security camera on site which can be accessed on-line and widely discussed on several boards at the time.

MsMilkytheclown1 and MissingSky101, among others on YT, provide many links and repostings of ENENews and other sources worldwide.

edit on -05:0050147412014-07-04T14:41:50-05:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I live here and I didn't hear about the law being passed. I see why NHK English is the only place now to get information on it.

I find that incredible.

What happens when you do an on-line search?

Here's a comprehensive report on the subject.

blog.nader.org...

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't I don't know about that report...however, I watch the live cams and have seen smoke or steam coming from the crumbled unit 3 (not fire, just smoke)...this was a couple of days ago, but not the only time. It happens quite frequently, and there are some cracks in the ground around the reactors where steam or smoke pours out from time to time. There are many videos, so I'll post a couple if I can find them.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: musicismagic

I find that incredible.

What happens when you do an on-line search?

Here's a comprehensive report on the subject.

blog.nader.org...

Good luck.

Thanks for the link. Basically NHK is the only outlet here that is authorise to release information about the Fukushima situation. There are few underground outlets, but they are being discredited as "scare tactics only", so people will only believe what they here from NHK which is the national television here which everyone "must" pay for, its the law or they will come into your home and take away your TV nowadays. It's China here, don't let anyone fool you. NHK has neigbhor watch groups "spies". When you buy a TV it is reported to the govt which interns goes to the spies in the neigborhood and they knock on your door at all hours until you pay the monthly fee which is about $15 a month. In the past I got away with it becasue of my japanese language skills, but when you get cable, the fee is included. China, I tell you.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
htp://enenews.com/govt-report-criticality-suspected-occurred-fukushima-fuel-pool-nuclear-chain-reaction-caused-massive-explosion-compressing-fuel-asse mblies-together-substantial-damage-fuel-possible-video

To whom it may concern...i am not going to bother to url it. Copy and paste if you wanna get an idea of what is going wrong.

Horrible news.

Google is censored, don't expect to find anything there.

new topics

top topics

join