It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AGW & The People Responsible For It

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No. I am not in favor of AGW.

you know what I meant...

If you expect me to say that that nukes are horrible and should not be considered you're mistaken. You're also mistaken in your premise that anti-nuclear politics are the cause of warming.

The anti-nuclear movement has killed off a lot of production and possible evolution in nuclear energy around the world. They have picketed, petitioned, rallied, vandalized, and used propaganda for over 50 years due to the lack of knowledge on the subject. That increased the amount of fossil fuels that were needed to be burned, which if I am not mistaken is the main cause of AGW correct?

So you again have failed to answer my question. You tip toe around it, and I appreciate the response overall, but just answer it okay?

Given that CO2 is the MAIN cause of AGW due to the burning of fossil fuels, would a large increase in nuclear energy production over the last 50 years vs burning fossil fuels have lowered the CO2 PPM?

Say increasing overall worldwide nuclear energy production over the last 50 years to 60-75% of total energy output?

Adding in solar, wind, hydro into the mix making burning fossil fuels almost non existent. That wouldn't make a difference?

edit on 25-6-2014 by Euphem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Well said. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

How ignorant are you? Do you have any type of reading comprehension/retention?

I was talking about THE LAST 50+ YEARS.

Not what Germany is failing at doing in 2014...please stop being so dense.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

So you again have failed to answer my question.
I answered your question. Anti-nuclear activists are not responsible for AGW. Do you actually think activists are the only reason that nuclear power is not universally in use?

Adding in solar, wind, hydro into the mix making burning fossil fuels almost non existent. That wouldn't make a difference?

Of course making the burning of fossil fuels almost non-existent would make a difference.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Given the mindset after the cold war, and the incredible amount of propaganda against anything and everything nuclear, yes I do blame them.

Are they 100% responsible? Of course not, but they were a huge factor in turning people off to nuclear and scaring the $hi+ out of them.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

Are they 100% responsible? Of course not, but they were a huge factor in turning people off to nuclear and scaring the $hi+ out of them over what the dangers were.

Really?
www.umt.edu...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

How is that chart not going in line with exactly what I have been saying? Slowly as people understand nuclear energy more, and the environmentalists realize the error of their ways, the favor increase towards nuclear energy is increasing drastically.

Surely you realize this goes FOR my claim and AGAINST yours...right Phage?

Find a chart that starts in the 60's and goes to 2010..AKA the past 50+ years like I have said 1000 times already in this thread.

I guarantee favor would have been at like 5-10% max and is now at probably 80%.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem

How ignorant are you? Do you have any type of reading comprehension/retention?

I was talking about THE LAST 50+ YEARS.

Not what Germany is failing at doing in 2014...please stop being so dense.

Sorry for not noting your particularly reductionist mindset. We can pretend the big white elephant is not in the room if it makes you happy. The falsification of evidence to fit a theory is common. Personally I like to look at all the evidence for some reason you choose not to..

Further the last 50 plus years would include 2014 and FYI i am talking about what Germany is doing already. I am aware that you have been calling people names on your thread. You are welcome to. I find it telling of the person calling names.

I understand that you may have a lot of self doubt in life so I am going to stop there. You challenged me to prove you wrong I did so politely. I am sure sure you are not a bad person. Try doing things you love in life. Peeps will love you for it and maybe you will learn to love yourself too

take care and enjoy your thread..

kinds regards

purp...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I love life. I have been volunteering in environmentalist projects since I was a young teen. I have 3 amazing dogs, and foster dogs when I can. I have a loving wife, and a lovely house to go along with it.

You are the only person I called "names" due to your lack of understanding the basics of the question. I like that you attack me, and in the same comment give me advice on how I should be a better person.

You know me so well...thanks for not participating in the thread and take care.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Seriously...thanks for proving my point. Just like every other thread when you get crushed you stop talking.

Nice work!!

I appreciate your link to that graph...thanks for helping me get my point across.

Euphem 5 -- Phage 0

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join