It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talon Robots into Iraq in Spring!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I can image that, their will be loadz of different uses for them in any country!

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

from netchicken
Once you take out the cameras - even with a can of paint or a well armed paint bomb, the operator will have to get a visual on it to get it back safely, when he pops his head over the wall, or whatever, then take him out.

And all we need to do is to watch where the paint bomb comes from, and we've pinpointed the enemy.

Send one real robot in among 6 identical $200 decoys with cameras and it will be pretty effective, methinks.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Very effective...

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Looks like a million dollar sitting duck for a RPG, a land mine, or a buried bomb.

This is true but I think this robots main mission will be to clear out houses,bunkers things like that not a place where you would want to fire a RPG unless you wanted to take the robot with you.

These robots are not designed to be invincible a RPG or bomb will kill this robot all the same as it would a Human. But wouldnt you rather have the robot take the RPG then a human

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann
The Nazis where first...
www.freerepublic.com...

It was only a antitank mine, but robotics are old news in warfare, I think.

With all the hardware on that baby, I doubt it is just a antitankmine.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It's not an anti-tank-mine, it's got guns attacehd for gunfights...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Just in case the cold mechanical demeanor of a marine didn't already scare most folks, now we've got an impersonal machine to shoot the wounded for us.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just saying that some cultures are gonna get the wrong idea.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Yeh..........

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join