It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex and conspiracy theorists...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: freetheuniverse

I guess I never really thought about how similar we all are, but this is a wonderful surprise. I feel closer to everyone already.

I agree. I wish this attitude was reflected more across the boards especially when we disagree.

Over the years I haven't posted much. It seemed everyone here had such rich interesting, activist lives in comparison to mine. You can't imagine how I pictured you all. I'm more of a reader, someone has to but my comfort level just went way up maybe I'll post more.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

I know exactly what you mean! It's intimidating. That, and I don't want to feel like captain obvious

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Now I am wondering if this is a factor that people socially don't "allow" until their generation as a whole has aged a bit more? I'm almost 30 and generally my generation has the education to know the psychology of introverts, but they seem to be lacking an acceptance of it. My closest friends accept me, but otherwise socially, romantically or on the workforce I'm literally told all the time that it won't be enough...that its in my best interests to "not be me for now".

Witnessing it doesn't make sense to me. What I remember from when I was little was being told (and I feel this is especially true for my generation) that all we have to do is be ourselves and follow our dreams...now as an adult I'd have to add, "As long as you're extrovert". Long story short, my generation shows a heavy push for extroverts. End rant.

Anyway, I'm attempting to tie together a couple of ideas I've gotten from these comments.
Bluesma's comments about conspiracy-minded men being approached differently to conspiracy-minded women got me thinking about how big of a tinfoil hat I could really handle on someone else before I started to get turned off. It occurs to me that my threshold might not be as large as I'd assumed given my own ideas about life. Not too much crazier and I'd probably get a bit creeped and freaked out by them lol.

I got up to grab a coffee warm-up whilst dreaming of my perfect woman-cave and how cozy it feels to think of my partner and I each having our own perfect respites under one roof and then I thought...So then am I likely to end up with another introvert such as myself? Well...introvert partner or extrovert, in either case it can only be if they accept me for me in every sense. Well then...how old will I be when THAT happens?

I love when a random thread results in a mini soul search.

<< 1  2   >>

join