It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate saying it but guess what...their increasing taxes and expanding government

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
not trying to be funny, but hasn't this been happening not stop since the 50s?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I dont disagree with you but the OP seems to be correct IMO.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: liejunkie01

Do you know anything about this topic?

I made my reply when there was ablank post.

There was no text in the opening post of your thread.

And yes I know more than alot of people on this topic.

But it is better to make it legal and tax the hell out of it, rather than made illegal and lock people up for crazy prison sentences.

No one should be put in prison for possession of a plant.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Cant disagree with you there, but lets make it a revenue not a tax avenue. We can put the cartels out of business. Not saying it shouldn't be taxed but lets keep it real. The government likes to tax the hell out of everything.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

That's not an increase on the tax rate. That's a tax rate for a specific item.

It does nothing to raise the overall taxes of anybody in the State. It only effects you if you actually purchase MJ.

Nor does it expand government.

Try again.

FTR: Liquor is taxed in the same manner, so is tobacco, there are specialty taxes on ALL Kinds of big ticket items. If it doesn't raise the OVERALL tax rate, than it hasn't raise the OVERALL TAX RATE.

~Tenth
edit on 6/24/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/24/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
"sin" taxes has always been higher than normal taxes.
Ask any smoker.

not seeing the point of the thread, a new product emerges in the market and is taxed...not overly frightening or mind blowing..but whatever.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I don't know how much taxation on pot is going to bring in for them- but I find it absolutely scandalous the FATCA laws going into effect in a couple of days! Dosn't seem to be much talk about it here, but it is a total catastrophy for me and my family.

I will be giving up my nationality, as will my children, as a result, and it is heartbreaking and traumatic for us!

We've been a struggling family for years, our account more often in the red than not, so we are not the tax evaders the laws were set up to find. But we bought a house, and now I work, and my children are starting to work for a living, and with the large income taxes we pay in France, we cannot afford to be paying the american taxes as well.
We'll still be fined for back taxes and not having paid them when we got our mortgage- people we know are just suddenly having their accounts seized by the US government. They even came up with the term "US persons", so that they can take money from people who don't actually have american nationality. Like if you are french, but have a kid currently doing a student exchange program in the US, they can seize your account.

In France, we get lots in return for our tax money. We get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in return for the american tax we will be paying. We do not use the roads, utilities, or schools, etc. We do not benefit from the military and police protection.

I cannot understand how one country can obligate others to do a service for them! The american government has put the european banks under obligation to give them all account information for their clients, under threat of large fines. Do the american banks offer the same service to those banks? No.

Sorry for being off subject. My point was- the american government is finding LOTS of ways to stretch it's fingers all over the globe and grab money from everyone it can.
edit on 25-6-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
a reply to: onequestion

This is what I have said since day one. Dazed and confused willingly into control while remaining happy to be there. Here dude smoke this and vote how I want, let me take away your civil rights while keeping you happy. Give me a few years and we will include some righteous smoke into your Obama care plan. www.smoke.gov sign up now.

No need for MMJ to vote how they want nor make you happy while they take away your civil rights.

vote how they want:
The DNC and RNC pretty much select the pool of candidates the public gets to pick from. The MSM markets you from both sides of the political spectrum till your koolaid cup is overflowing. You end up picking their candidate on one side and their candidate on the other side.

make you happy while they take away your civil rights:
As long as its your party that screws you most are happy taking it.

Look at how Bush started the private bailouts using tax payers money and took away your civil liberties with the patriot act. Any good republican would have been outraged by those two things but instead they were brainwashed and started to regurgitate "They are to big to fail" and "If you did nothing wrong you got nothing to worry about"

Look at how Obama from day one stacked up his cabinet with the so hated elitist lobbyist. How he has done pretty much the same as Bush in regards to foreign conflicts and not to mention all the equivalent scandals associated with his cabinet.

Yet all this was easily done before MMJ . Don't get me wrong their intention is not to help with MMJ but they certainly have proven that the people are doped up enough already on their political parties koolaid.

Of course I think this helps in removing the last remaining kick back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join