It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate saying it but guess what...their increasing taxes and expanding government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The government is increasing taxes and expanding it's sphere of influence through the slow regulation and legalization of the hemp and cannabis industries.

These ideas are being used against us to further establish their rule over us and increase corporate and government profits.

Believe it or not it's not bring done for your benefit.

Sucks to hear the truth doesn't it?
edit on 6/24/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Um,

What

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Do you know anything about this topic?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I agree. MMJ is where it was at. Recreational will be marijuana users worst nightmare.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

This is what I have said since day one. Dazed and confused willingly into control while remaining happy to be there. Here dude smoke this and vote how I want, let me take away your civil rights while keeping you happy. Give me a few years and we will include some righteous smoke into your Obama care plan. www.smoke.gov sign up now.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

This is an obvious slap you in your face conspiracy but we're so blind.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You're kidding right?

Can you provide proof of where other nations have done this in order to 'increase taxes' and 'expand government?

Please show me where Colorado and Washington have done either of these things?

The Fed hasn't done a single thing towards legalization, or tax increases regarding MJ or Hemp, both of which are still illegal, the former being Schedule 1A still. As a matter of fact Hemp is still commercially illegal in both the states that have legalized MJ.

So...

A ask what you asked the 2nd post in this thread:

Do you know anything about the topic?

~Tenth
edit on 6/24/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: MarlinGrace

This is an obvious slap you in your face conspiracy but we're so blind.

You don't appear to be a bit blind, you get it and I get, the problem is we have to suffer for the indiscretions of those that don't. It is one of many directions this country is taking that bother me.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

This is what I have said since day one. Dazed and confused willingly into control while remaining happy to be there. Here dude smoke this and vote how I want, let me take away your civil rights while keeping you happy. Give me a few years and we will include some righteous smoke into your Obama care plan. www.smoke.gov sign up now.

No need for MMJ to vote how they want nor make you happy while they take away your civil rights.

vote how they want:
The DNC and RNC pretty much select the pool of candidates the public gets to pick from. The MSM markets you from both sides of the political spectrum till your koolaid cup is overflowing. You end up picking their candidate on one side and their candidate on the other side.

make you happy while they take away your civil rights:
As long as its your party that screws you most are happy taking it.

Look at how Bush started the private bailouts using tax payers money and took away your civil liberties with the patriot act. Any good republican would have been outraged by those two things but instead they were brainwashed and started to regurgitate "They are to big to fail" and "If you did nothing wrong you got nothing to worry about"

Look at how Obama from day one stacked up his cabinet with the so hated elitist lobbyist. How he has done pretty much the same as Bush in regards to foreign conflicts and not to mention all the equivalent scandals associated with his cabinet.

Yet all this was easily done before MMJ . Don't get me wrong their intention is not to help with MMJ but they certainly have proven that the people are doped up enough already on their political parties koolaid.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
Are YOU kidding?

They have to create NEW government bodies to regulate the industries.

Have you seen the tax rate?

Colorado places a 15% excise tax, a 10% special sales tax and a 2.9% sales tax on recreational marijuana, in addition to application and license fees. It imposes just a 2.9% sales tax, as well as application on license fees, on medical marijuana, which was legalized by voters in Colorado in 2000.

MSNBC

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
The government is increasing taxes and expanding it's sphere of influence through the slow regulation and legalization of the hemp and cannabis industries.

These ideas are being used against us to further establish their rule over us and increase corporate and government profits.

Believe it or not it's not bring done for your benefit.

Sucks to hear the truth doesn't it?

Didn't you do a thread like this last week but different title?

The people voted for it they knew that they were going to be taxes.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Colorado places a 15% excise tax, a 10% special sales tax and a 2.9% sales tax on recreational marijuana, in addition to application and license fees. It imposes just a 2.9% sales tax, as well as application on license fees, on medical marijuana, which was legalized by voters in Colorado in 2000.

this could be a test for a value added tax on everything.

like in Europe and many other countries.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone
It's possible I lose track.

Very busy all my threads have been coming from an iphone lately.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's what I'm saying.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
For what reason should pot be tax free? If you don't like the taxes on it then don't buy it grow your own then it's tax free. The people knew there was going to be taxes on it when they voted to legalize it.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
That's not the point the people are blind.

The point is it's being used as am incentive to set the bar higher on sale taxes that are a farce in the first place.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
For what reason should pot be tax free? If you don't like the taxes on it then don't buy it grow your own then it's tax free. The people knew there was going to be taxes on it when they voted to legalize it.

I remember back in the day (20+ years ago) people were saying they would have no problems paying taxes if it became legal but now some people are going to complain.

My head hurts.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

How are people blind?
They agreed to pay taxes for legalization.

What's the problem?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
The people knew there was going to be taxes on it when they voted to legalize it.

Not just that, but my understanding was that they used the ability to tax it as one of the advantages to push for legalizing it.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I can tell you a little bit about this topic. The state if Colorado has more cops than any place Ive ever been. I grew up there. Now I was unfortunate but I guess it was my own fault because I had a couple DUIs and other minor offenses. Not crimes mind you but just traffic infractions. But it was enough for me to get caught up in the system there and the system in Colorado will literally suck the life out of you and by life I mean money.

Now slow down cause I already know what you're thinking.

I am sure you have probably heard of this. There was a judge in a state, I forget which one but he had a deal with somebody where he got paid revenue every time he convicted a minor and sent them to a mental health inpatient program. It was a huge scandal and this judge was sending minors to inpatient health facilities for profit.

The state of Colorado is no different. You get a DUI and you get sent to classes every week that cost $20 dollars every time. There are boat loads of people in these classes. Or bus loads at $20 dollars a pop every day.

Stop thinking Im trying to give you the bigger picture.

This is a non profit organization making huge profits. The people that own this non profit drive lamborghinis. Rightfully so they are raking in cash, from a judge that they payed off and now the city and the state of Colorado.

So whats this have to do with pot?

Well nothing really the programs that they had for it went to the Department of Public Health and there weren't exuberant fees or any money to be made by corrupt politicians, non profits and judges.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join