It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Admits Wrongdoing, to Pay $50,000 in Leaking of Marriage Group’s Tax Return

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The IRS has admitted guilt and agrees to pay $50,000 in damages to a group who was victimized by the IRS's illegally releasing sensitive information.

The IRS filth is being exposed beyond question.

They simply act on orders to attack anything that "threatens" the agenda.

Other Conservative "targets" have had the same problem with the Obama IRS.

Two years after activists for same-sex marriage obtained the confidential tax return and donor list of a national group opposed to redefining marriage, the Internal Revenue Service has admitted wrongdoing and agreed to settle the resulting lawsuit.

The Daily Signal has learned that, under a consent judgment today, the IRS agreed to pay $50,000 in damages to the National Organization for Marriage as a result of the unlawful release of the confidential information to a gay rights group, the Human Rights Campaign, that is NOM’s chief political rival.

“Congress made the disclosure of confidential tax return information a serious matter for a reason,” NOM Chairman John D. Eastman told The Daily Signal. “We’re delighted that the IRS has now been held accountable for the illegal disclosure of our list of major donors from our tax return.”

IRS Admits Wrongdoing, to Pay $50,000 in Leaking of Marriage Group’s Tax Return

Ironically...

Update: At 5:28 p.m, IRS spokesman Bruce I. Friedland emailed: “Privacy law, specifically Section 6103 of the Internal Revenue Code, prohibits us from commenting.”

edit on Jun-24-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Seems like sort of a small settlement for something this big, IMHO.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well I believe that's just the tip of the iceberg. There will (hopefully) be much bigger fish to come onto the metaphorical frying pan, concerning some lost emails.

ATS's own IRS spokesperson should around this thread, soon.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Obama on IRS Scandal: "Not Even A Smidgen Of Corruption"

Obama has not even a smidgen of credibility left.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
How does this fit the narrative of "the government is trying to push gays on people and attack conservatives" when the group being attacked was a gay-rights group?

Maybe this just shows the government's agenda isn't attacking conservatives, it's agenda is absolute power, control, judgement, and attacking anyone and anything that threatens it? Hmmmmm...... It's time for liberals and conservatives to kiss, make up, settle the eff down, and get to business routing out the true evil doers of this country.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

50k fine? where's the jail time? they clearly broke the law.

yes i know. laws are for us and not them.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982
How does this fit the narrative of "the government is trying to push gays on people and attack conservatives" when the group being attacked was a gay-rights group?

Maybe this just shows the government's agenda isn't attacking conservatives, it's agenda is absolute power, control, judgement, and attacking anyone and anything that threatens it? Hmmmmm...... It's time for liberals and conservatives to kiss, make up, settle the eff down, and get to business routing out the true evil doers of this country.

You need to re-read the article. You got it backwards. The conservative group was the victim.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: James1982

You need to re-read the article. You got it backwards. The conservative group was the victim.

Indeed I did! I read it as the same sex marriage group being the one targeted even the second time around, but on the 3rd I realized my mistake. Thanks for point that out!

Either way it's just tactics to divide and we seem to play right into them fighting against our "political enemies" we are taught to hate.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
There is a LONG LINE of IRS victims.

Here is a blast from the past:

Christine O’Donnell’s IRS case reveals more than just a ‘smidgen of corruption’

Read more: dailycaller.com...

Where is her 50k ?

top topics

join