It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shouldn't we be sending Popsicles into space?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Well I guess this is my daily epiphany lol.

We know popsicles are easy to keep in space. Better than your freezer. Now if we had to send popsicles to space we wouldn't need to heat the vessel or worry about keeping the Popsicle alive. That's huge both time wise and financial wise.
-Ok, seriously I mean human corpses...

Morbid? Nay..
Rather than firing a "The Beatles live" album at the nearest and best candidate Goldilocks system, wouldn't the scientific value of a human corpse be a little more...scientific?
-Would the scientists on this earth not be incapacitated with joy at a real, msm approved alien body to look at? (Yes I know that the shadow government might have one but it apparently doesn't exist, different thread.) or would we rather get a sound bite that sounds like: brrrrtzzzzippppppity burrrpop!
-If any advanced being were to find the popsicles and used our dna would that not be in effect what we dream to do in the first place?
(Perforate the universe? Keep the human race alive for longer than our planet can sustain us?)
Slim chance I know of this happening, but we did send Voyager out there with some pics and stuff)

I would bet a great many here would volunteer their body to such a project. - No I don't mean ashes, I mean the real deal. Space is perfect for popsicles.

Anyways, thoughts? Maybe there's something already planned?

cheers

Yes that's Spocks coffin : )

edit on 24-6-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
Anyways, thoughts? Maybe there's something already planned?

It's still pretty expensive to send things into space. For the most part, things only get sent up there if they can do work or provide some kind of return on the investment.

However, if someday somebody comes up with some kind of rail gun system that can shoot things into space cheaply without destroying them, maybe people will enjoy having their frozen corpses shot off into space, possibly to be picked up (and eaten) by some stray aliens.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Oh man I'd love to get rail-gunned to Alpha Centauri.

-Even the dead me would enjoy that ride lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555
Or they could just learn how to kill us faster. Remember watching an episode about alien attacks, and they assumed one way they'd take us over is germ warfare. So if they have a body, this could be easily done if they're advanced enough. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingWhat
Or they could just learn how to kill us faster. Remember watching an episode about alien attacks, and they assumed one way they'd take us over is germ warfare. So if they have a body, this could be easily done if they're advanced enough. Just saying.

Alien invasion would be cool. Don't knock it

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The cheapest Cost/lb I can find posted for launch to low Earth orbit is: $3784.00/lb.
To go outside Earth orbit is REALLY expensive.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
The cheapest Cost/lb I can find posted for launch to low Earth orbit is: $3784.00/lb.
To go outside Earth orbit is REALLY expensive.

I can see the twitter account for the dead frozen dude/dudette now.
# frozenSpaceCorpse

"Still out here, not much happenin today, think I'll have a nappy~poo"
edit on 24-6-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Corpsicles.

The technical term is corpsicles.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Corpsicles.

The technical term is corpsicles.

Phage do you know of any projects on the go that might further this philosophy?

Thanks for chiming in

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't know of any projects to send dead people into space, for any reason. As pointed out, the cost is quite prohibitive.

There is however, some reseach into cryonics. Such technology, if ever developed to a level of safety, would help us in our expansion into the Solar System and beyond.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I suppose if the cryonics failed mid-way betwixt we'd get the ....corpsicles.
-So for science it would be a win/win situation.

Perish the thought..

no pun intended...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Also, it could potentially be culturally misinterpreted. A bafflingly costly funerary rite OR a disturbing act of insanity.
Maybe even an act of hostile expansionism (they imagine that we're shooting corpses at specific worlds to seed Terran bacteria)

Of course, maybe they are smart enough to read the intentions of us relative cave-men without assuming the worst.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It would be cheaper, and easier, to send out genetic samples, along with DVD's containing photos and videos.

While you and I (and plenty of scientist) would be screaming with excitement to have an whole alien body donated to us that way, for all we know sending a human body to some other species that is dead, might be the ultimate insult.....or horror them ("It Came From Earth!!!!" - Now showing at a theater near you!).

But actually, like I said, it would just be cheaper to send small samples and pictures.

ETA: Star and Flag for creative thinking though!

edit on 24-6-2014 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Yes but how would we know if they would be able to decrypt the tissue samples? Or even understand the data format of the pics? If you have an actual human body then they're like "Hey this is what they look like!"
-It would save them a lot of time and trouble.
Plus all that stuff about aliens eating us are poppy-cock

-maybe

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Yes but how would we know if they would be able to decrypt the tissue samples? Or even understand the data format of the pics?

No matter what, you're fighting the odds. Space is so incredibly vast that even if you mounted flashing lasers and nuclear powered radio beacons on the space coffin, the chances of you being found by an alien similar enough to us to perceive and understand what you were and what to do with you are so low as to be essentially zero. And that's even if you manage to float around for a billion years or so without being dragged down into the gravity well of a planet or star.

However, given the starting odds, assuming that the aliens would know what you were and what to do with you isn't that much more of a stretch. That's one of those "the fall will probably kill you, so why worry you can't swim" scenarios. So what the hell. They'll figure it out.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

a reply to: eriktheawful

Yes but how would we know if they would be able to decrypt the tissue samples? Or even understand the data format of the pics? If you have an actual human body then they're like "Hey this is what they look like!"
-It would save them a lot of time and trouble.
Plus all that stuff about aliens eating us are poppy-cock

-maybe

They, whom ever they are, would have to have interplanetary or interstellar space flight technology to retrieve said probe.

If they have that tech, I'm pretty sure they would be able figure out biological samples and decrypt a DVD.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
What if the popsicles are thawed out by beings humans genetic information is hidden from and then it forces their interest into humans?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If they have that tech, I'm pretty sure they would be able figure out biological samples and decrypt a DVD.

I was actually thinking that certain life forms might be over qualified to understand our methods. To them a dvd would be too archaic to even bother understanding...aliens, ya know?
edit on 25-6-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I don't know of any projects to send dead people into space, for any reason. As pointed out, the cost is quite prohibitive.
Apparently sending a portion of the cremated remains of a loved one into space can cost as little as $995.00 though this "space burial" site:

celestis.com...

Celestis makes it possible to honor the dream and memory of your departed loved one by launching a symbolic portion of cremated remains into Earth orbit, onto the lunar surface or into deep space. Missions into space that return the cremated remains to Earth are also available.

However the ashes re-enter as a "shooting star" because all you get for that price is low Earth orbit.

To preserve an actual human corpse I would think the shadows of one of the moon's polar craters might offer some advantages since the polar craters have areas devoid of direct sunlight and thus maintain lower temperatures. I'm sure Bill Gates could afford it, but I'm not sure how many other people could.
edit on 25-6-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
$995 is suborbital.
Orbital is $4995 (for 1 gram of ash).

I wonder how you confirm "delivery".

top topics

join