It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin asks Upper House to repeal decision allowing use of military force in Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

President Vladimir Putin has proposed that the upper house call off the March 1 resolution allowing the head of state to use the armed forces on the territory of Ukraine, said presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov.

Who els seen this coming?

I didn't , something just does not Add up here .. I just feel like this has some sort of covert move.

Who knows , guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

rt.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
already old news but nobody on ATS seems to be interested...

some commentators mentions this as a defeat of Putin and Russia but like you said, there is probably other reason for this move.

basically, Putin didn't take the bait to join the war in Ukraine.

actually, Eastern regions could be strong enough to fight of and achieve their goals with just a support from Russia and Russia gets to be a good guy for a while.

Putin is a mastermind, mark my words

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I did. Putin was never going to invade anything after Crimea. He is not the Vlad the Impaler so many make him out to be. All Putin wanted was his Sevastopol base secure, IMO. The games in the east of Ukraine if anything was just Putin's way of giving the finger to the West so to speak for establishing their puppet regime.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

I didn't , something just does not Add up here .. I just feel like this has some sort of covert move.

I predicted that the gas pipes would be blown up and also made a point of saying that Putin maybe playing games with the USA to push oil/gas prices up and now we learn that the Iran is not such a big erermy of the USA else they would not be asked to help fight the ISIS in Iraq.

Yes the Irainian crises pushed oil prices up and so has this crisis in the Ukraine but look to who profits from this all and you wil find the USA, Russia and Iran.

Mr Putin should protect the people in the Ukraine but he sits on his hands and Kiev will also learn that they too will be stuffed if I am right about this ploy

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Putin has never had any intention of a direct conflict with the West or even getiing drug into a quagmire like Ukraine. Putin is like the guy running from damn to damn just trying to stem the slow ride of Russias many problems. Granted he is playing a short term game but, he really does not have any choice. Slowing Ukraine from joining NATO was the only move he could make once Ukraine decided to leave Russias influence. However, a growing rival on its border with China, the Former Soviet Republics all looking to the West or China for the future. unrest within the southern states, massive corruption and weak economy short term solutions is all he could afford in the West.

He hopes that this will lead to an easing of santions and bring some pressure off the Russian ecomony. Long term however he has united NATO and pushed Ukraine, Georgie, Moldova, Sweden and Finland all in to likely becoming members. That is not good when NATO already out numbers you 4 to 1. It has also done even more harm to Russia global reputation. I do not know what Russia can do long term but, just keep putting out fires or give up take a position in the EU.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Who els seen this coming?

Once you arm the separatists and contract out to chechan fighters there is no need to cross the border.

So yes you could see it coming.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

You seem to forget about the BRICKS and no one is in more debt than the USA or that the fighting in the Ukraine has upset a lot of people in Europe that see the hands of the USA behind much of the trouble.

Sure Russia had a puppet in place but look towards Iraq or Libya to see the mess they are now in after we liberated them and if the west is so good at fighting then how come they keep lossing.

I would not under estimate Russia as it was they who won WWII regardless of how hollywood wants people to see history and Hitler, Like the USA today had better tanks than Russia but still lost because Russia could produce ten tanks for the price of one tiger tank.

My guess is that Russia is playing a trick with the west to push up oil prices and to help the USA to increase its military spending thats all paid for by the public and lets just hope its not a plan to take China by suprise by pretending the USA and Russia are at each other throats.

Did bells not ring for you when they asked Iran to help fight the ISIS in Iraq given that we hear threats to bomb Iran every other week

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
a reply to: MrSpad

Did bells not ring for you when they asked Iran to help fight the ISIS in Iraq given that we hear threats to bomb Iran every other week

Not sure you quite understand what ISIS is. Iran doesn't want ISIS around as much as anyone in the region. They are a cancer that is killing thousands of innocents and won't be held to just Iraq.

Also don't think you understand the concept of the war on terrorism. There was never going to be a 'win' or 'lose' scenario. There were goals with the hope of those goals achieving a greater good. You cannot eradicate a radical idea, just try to confine it and eat at it. A very small % of the US/UN military has been used to remain as surgical as possible.

And you may need to do some research on what all is involved in 'debt'.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
On schedule.

Putin has seen the light, and is aware of the consequences of the continued threat of direct Russian military intervention in Ukraine. Providing the false assurance of such intervention is the greatest destabilizing factor in Ukraine.

Crimea was far enough.

new topics

top topics

join