It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Egyptian injustice and Canada’s spineless response. (Neil Macdonald)

page: 1

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:40 PM

The government of Canada, on the day that one of its citizens was sentenced to a long prison term in Egypt for the crime of committing journalism, was moved to note that Egyptians are, after all, “progressing toward democracy.” And, added our prime minister’s parliamentary secretary, “We don’t want to insult them.” Because, you know, that would just be rude.

Instead, the government in Ottawa, which runs around the world, chin out and elbows up, lecturing other governments about respecting human rights and democratic self-determination, prefers soft-spoken diplomacy toward the regime in Cairo, which has: Attacked and toppled the country’s first democratically elected government. Crushed, imprisoned, tortured and slaughtered members and supporters of that government. Criminalized criticism of its rule and stamped out what little press freedom Egyptians enjoyed. Installed a general as president in a rigged election without real opponents.

Neils rant but I agree 100%. Who the %^&^ do these idiots think they are? I'm getting sick and &**ing tired of these ^&&& &**s thinking that they can get away with ^&*&ing around our citizens.
Screw this, we should remove our support, remove our diplomats, and threaten them with sanctions if they don't release our guy NOW!
$%^%% Egypt, what a ^&*&inf cesspool of ignorance, religion and idiocy!

Harper wth is the matter with you?

Anyone else getting sick and ^%^^7ing tired of middle eastern countries and their dumb ass religious mandates?

No proof, no evidence??
SCREW Egypt!

Sisi said Egypt's authorities would respect the independence of the judiciary. "We will not interfere in judicial rulings," Sisi said in a televised speech on Tuesday at a military graduation ceremony. "We must respect judicial rulings and not criticise them even if others do not understand this."

And YOU Mr. Sisi must understand that we won't tolerate your ignorant ^&&*ing idiotic stance. I hope you have a terrible life you F899ing total ass of a man. We shall see what we shall see, hopefully things go very, very badly for you. Fingers crossed.
edit on 24-6-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:08 PM
a reply to: canucks555

Is this any different than U.S. response, A.K.A. Obama?

I think not.

What's Canada supposed to do? Give the usual political rhetoric and then ignore it ?

The U.S, usually leads in defending it's citizens.. or it use to.

Hard to describe Canada as spineless when the U.S. sets the same example.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:18 PM
a reply to: canucks555

I thought for sure their silence was because they have an ace up their sleeve, but as Peter Mansbridge pointed out yesterday afternoon, they were silent about Melissa Fung and Sasha Petrocic too, just before they were suddenly freed. However as much as I'd like to interpret the PM's silence as indicative of wonderful things to come, by now I interpret his silence as being a manifestation of his phobia of facing the press. I keep my fingers crossed that someone somewhere can perform magic, but in the ME, it loos like a barrelful of insanity to me. I feel for the journalists who were just reporting the news. Their sentence is far worse than the pervert in NB who kept a young lad captive as a sex slave.