It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any Real OOParts???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of out of place artifacts and love stories on them! However everyone I have ever researched has turned out to be completely explainable. So I was wondering if there are any legitimate ones that are a real mystery to science?

P.s. The iron hammer has been debunked, let it go! Lmao

Thanks,

AE

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
How about that Kymatica thingie? And how was the hammer debunked, I haven't seen anything about that. Perhaps more intriguing is all the giant skeletons that have reportedly been found, given to the Smithsonian, and from there disavowed as even existing. Our human history is nothing like what we've been taught...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What about the spheres of Ottosdal? They've been speculated to be concretion, but with parallel lines running around some of them, that just doesn't seem to fit as an explanation. They are also thought to be made from manufactured metal.

Spheres
edit on 24-6-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

The hammer is a 200 year old hammer that's trapped in a concertion. That's where sand, water and rock make a concrete in just a few decades. The owner of the hammer is a creationist who won't let it be tested because he knows it's fake. Every geologist who ever saw it took about a minute to realize what it is.

About the giant skeletons. I'm not saying none have been found. But the popular internet pics are all fake. They were a photoshop project at a colledge. Before and after pics are available on the web that show the pics before they added the giant skeletons.

The giant skeleton pics a every telling. They are a known fake, but any christian conspiracy site you go on will have them as proof the giants in the bible are real. Knowingly lying to there subscribers.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

The Antikythera Mechanism could possibly qualify as an OOPART. This amazing artifact was actually recovered from an ancient shipwreck off the Greek island of Antikythera (hence its name) and is dated to around 100 BC. Its filled with complex gears and its purpose has been debated a whole lot. It is super cool and unique. I don't think another one has ever been found.

Whether it's an OOPART or not, though, is debatable as there is literary evidence discussing automata from that time period. Hero of Alexandria was like the 1st century BC's version of Leonardo Da Vinci and purportedly made many of his inventions. Archimedes was another great inventor of automata preceding Hero by about 200 years. While our images of the ancient world may be of people walking about in stone cut cities in sandals and robes, the reality is that they had early robotics and machinery going on in those cities. Reality is that you'd have that stone cut and carved city but you might also spot a moving statue along an avenue.

SUPER COOL.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
How about that Kymatica thingie? And how was the hammer debunked, I haven't seen anything about that. Perhaps more intriguing is all the giant skeletons that have reportedly been found, given to the Smithsonian, and from there disavowed as even existing. Our human history is nothing like what we've been taught...

I'm definatly looking up the kymatica tho, sounds intresting.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

The Antikythera Mechanism could possibly qualify as an OOPART. This amazing artifact was actually recovered from an ancient shipwreck off the Greek island of Antikythera (hence its name) and is dated to around 100 BC. Its filled with complex gears and its purpose has been debated a whole lot. It is super cool and unique. I don't think another one has ever been found.

Whether it's an OOPART or not, though, is debatable as there is literary evidence discussing automata from that time period. Hero of Alexandria was like the 1st century BC's version of Leonardo Da Vinci and purportedly made many of his inventions. Archimedes was another great inventor of automata preceding Hero by about 200 years. While our images of the ancient world may be of people walking about in stone cut cities in sandals and robes, the reality is that they had early robotics and machinery going on in those cities. Reality is that you'd have that stone cut and carved city but you might also spot a moving statue along an avenue.

SUPER COOL.

Awsome? Yes! But not an oopart.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The spheres are super cool, but almost none are actually round. Most aren't at all spherical, but they show us the few that are and pretend that most are "perfect spheres " where none are perfect and most are barely spheres.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

SUPER COOL.

Read the whole post. If you had, you'd note that I explained why it being an OOPART is debatable...A true OOPART would be something wholly out of place without any evidence of anything like it in existence. In the case of the Antikythera Mechanism, there is a a whole lot of literature supporting the use of automata in the ancient world in that time period.

Not my fault though if you stopped reading past the first sentence and ignored the "possibly" as a potential disqualifier for it, which was in the first sentence.

edit on 24/6/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

SUPER COOL.

Read the whole post. If you had, you'd note that I explained why it being an OOPART is debatable...A true OOPART would be something wholly out of place without any evidence of anything like it in existence. In the case of the Antikythera Mechanism, there is a a whole lot of literature supporting the use of automata in the ancient world in that time period.

Not my fault though if you stopped reading past the first sentence and ignored the "possibly" as a potential disqualifier for it, which was in the first sentence.

I saw you said that. I was agreeing with your assessment that it was awsome but not an OOPart. So much is lost in text.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Part of the problem is that a lot of the reports are without the physical evidence. There are several reports from the last century that go along the lines of ' So and so found a bolt or machined object in a piece of mined coal' . It may be entirely legit, but nothing more came of it and nothing is left but a random newspaper account from the past.

It is extremely unlikely that anything iron based would last more than a few hundred years, so the majority of relics are going to be stone/ceramic making the odds of finding ooparts even more difficult even if they were abundant and real in the past. Since it is nearly impossible to reliably date stone, there may be existing artifacts that are truly from the distant past, but there is no proof currently available.

Personally, I am convinced that there were pre-historic civilizations, but today's methods of both determining and faking evidence of such makes it difficult to prove on a grand scale.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

SUPER COOL.

I saw you said that. I was agreeing with your assessment that it was awsome but not an OOPart. So much is lost in text.

Then perhaps not limiting oneself to 145 characters or less as this isn't twitter would be a good idea if you find yourself lacking clarity. Glad we agree on the Antikythera Mechanism. I think the object is so much neater in that it may not have been as uncommon than it may seem because it does show that, even in ancient times, humanity was pretty ingenious. There's been a lot of discoveries since many of us have been to school learning history. Another favorite one is potential evidence of using linens and cave art depicting "cave men" as wearing cloth hats dating back 20-30k years ago. Really dispels the image of a savage wearing skins.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yahoo is being difficult today so I'm not able to give you any links but if you Google ooparts Oklahoma you should find one in Edmond, Oklahoma from around 1969 and another around Heavener, Oklahoma from around, I believe, the 1950's.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here is a good site to find some..

OOPARTS

I think you either believe or you don't believe...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
In my mind, the civilization ruins found on the ocean floor off the coasts of both India and Japan should be all the proof we need that intelligent humans have been around making cities since well BEFORE the last Ice Age.

Sorry, OP, i know that is not exactly an artifact but it has been proof to me nonetheless.
edit on 24-6-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Oh yea! I think at one time planet earth looked a lot like middle-earth. Various groups of different hominids all running around and trading and such. It must have been amazing!

There's no telling how many roman level technological civilizations have been forgotten to history.

Ever wonder if any intelligent humanoid reptilian civilizations showed up? If they only made it to the level of native Americans, would we even know?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Having lived with a Native American tribe for almost a decade and coming to understand their worldview, I actually think that we tend to underrate their society because we compare them to our own "technological achievements". In the Diné worldview, the ideal state of being (hozho) is where one lives in total balance with nature. So a Diné would not cut down a tree to build a hogan (traditional dwelling), instead they would only use those logs that had been naturally felled. Nor would they engage in strip mining and they did not although there were huge amounts of coal on their lands. They didn't engage in it until we came along and disrupted their entire way of life.

Now one could look at such a culture and, comparing their technology versus ours at the time of contact, view our culture as being more advanced. However, I'd point out that it is our "advanced" culture that has created such issues as oil spills, acid rain, polluted our water ways and air, and created massive landfills filled with toxic substances unnatural to this planet. Technological advancement does not necessarily equate to intellectual advancement. One of the key differences between our world view and theirs comes down to one simple difference--the majority of our society views the planet as being created for us to use as we will (Judaeo-Christian beliefs) while the majority of their society views themselves as mere fellow inhabitants of this planet sharing it equally with innumerable forms of life (seriously--an ant has just as much of a right to life as a human).

I suspect that a different worldview can actually have tremendous impact on a culture/civilization's technological advancement. That, to me, could explain why we weren't buzzing around in airplanes a few thousand years ago. It wasn't our intellectual capacity that necessarily changed--it was our world views. Anyways, that's the thought that I toy with in my head from time to time.

I don't believe in the existence, past or present, of humanoid reptilians so can't really comment on that one. As far as the ancient world goes, it is pretty awesome to visualize. I do think that we tend to underrate the people of the past and there's always new discoveries being made that improve our picture of the past all the time. I once said that history is like a puzzle for which we have to find as many pieces as we can to figure out just what is depicted. Always looking forward to the discovery of more puzzle pieces.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

On February 13, 1961, Wallace Lane, Virginia Maxey, and Mike Mikesell were seeking interesting mineral specimens, particularly geodes, for their "LM & V Rockhounds Gem and Gift Shop" in Olancha, California. On this particular day, the trio were about six miles northeast of Olancha, near the top of a peak about 4,300 feet in elevation and about 340 feet above the dry bed of Owens Lake. According to Maxey, "We hiked about three miles north, after we had parked some five miles east of State Highway 395, south of Olancha, California." At lunchtime, after collecting rocks most of the morning, all three placed their specimens in the rock sack Mikesell was carrying.

The next day in the gift shop's workroom, Mikesell ruined a nearly new diamond saw blade while cutting what he thought was a geode. Inside the nodule that was cut, Mikesell did not find a cavity as so many geodes have, but a perfectly circular section of very hard, white material that appeared to be porcelain. In the center of the porcelain cylinder, was a 2-millimeter shaft of bright metal. The metal shaft responded to a magnet.

There were still other odd qualities about the specimen. The outer layer of the specimen was encrusted with fossil shells and their fragments. In addition to shells, the discoverers noticed two nonmagnetic metallic metal objects in the crust, resembling a nail and a washer. Stranger still, the inner layer was hexagonal and seemed to form a casing around the hard porcelain cylinder. Within the inner layer, a layer of decomposing copper surrounded the porcelain cylinder.

www.talkorigins.org...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

From your link

CONCLUSION An examination of the Ottosdal objects indicates that they and their grooves lack any indication of being artificial. They are just another example of how concretions have been mistaken for intelligently designed and manufactured objects. The misidentification of natural objects as the by-products of "intelligent design" is an important lesson that needs to be learned by many fringe group members.

The last line in your post,

They are also thought to be made from manufactured metal

The first line i quoted from your link,

An examination of the Ottosdal objects indicates that they and their grooves lack any indication of being artificial.

Maybe you didnt read the article you linked to....

edit on 24/6/14 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I believe there are and especially in the form of footprint's, the waffle rock though a crystalization explanation is feasible was according to whitness of the original now destroyed much larger waffle rock the least symetrical part of it so that one is up in the air, the bell or vase (dorchester pot) blasted from a limestone quarry is more like a almost identical pipe holder from india (thanks to harte on that one for that explanation) but how did it get into a limestone deposit, the coso geode is a 1920's champione spark plug in a concretion as is the hammer but then there are real anomolys other than the footprints such as the pestle and morter dug up in a mine under a mountain, however here is a great thread from some time ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This has been gone over many time's and no one want's to see a true irrefutable OOPART more than me as I do believe there are anomolys in the earth and think we are not the only human or human like race to have existed on it but evidence is either non existant or would not hold in a court of law against serious cross examination as I have found much to my own disapointment, still some artifacts have been lost over time but then a lot of those did appear at the time when wierd and wonderful were good freak side attraction and lurid tales brought the punters in to the travelling carnival or road side rest stops.

I feel like a traitor saying that but it is the unescapable truth but in spite of it I believe there are still some ooparts out there just not were we can get our hands on them to further analyze them and here is my all time favourite.

Here is heighlighted section of the image as I interpret it and I believe this to be very old,

There are plenty more off images of possible ancient alien or human remains from the moon but most can easily be explained away with convincing arguments but my other favourite and I do not accept it is only a weathered martian mesa is the face on mars,
Now here is relatively recent tank destroyed and look at the tracks, no this is not an oopart but bear with me,

Now imagine a tracked vehicle blown apart even more violently leaving it's tracks on the ground with some of its wheels and part of it blown upside down onto it's roof but not necessarily a tank but something more akin to an arctic tracked vehicle or transport, second large rock from the left with the tracks and weels just to the right of it between it and the rock with the unusual sandwich formation,

Maybe these currently do not class as ooparts but if we could analyze them more closely then just maybe there is something to them and of course they if real must have originated from right here on earth so indicate the presence of a lost age which we know nothing about (at least we know nothing about it but someone may).
One of the vilest regimes ever to exist, the nazis put great scope in there own belief in a previous lost supercivilization and working on the information of alternative archeaologists, mediums and contactees they produced the wonder weapons at the end of the second world war.
One of there scientists whom was linked to this ahanerb (the nazi special occult division) but indirectly through the wonder weapons development was of coure Werner von braun whom later headed NASA, and you wonder if they might be keeping secrets from the public, they whitewashed him and gave this former devout nazi a congressional medal of honor making a mockery of the men whom died fighting the NAZI's and whom earned there medal's.

edit on 24-6-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join