It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Suck at Football

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
A few years ago I spent quite a bit of money following England around Europe - great times away from the football, some pretty awful one's at it.

In the past I've gone into tournament being quite convinced that we were going to do well this time....and have always been let down.

Over the years that expectation has been gradually replaced with both cynicism and realism - we are crap.

Prior to this tournament starting I openly stated that I thought we had quite a good squad - I would never have taken Wilshere due to fitness etc, wouldn't have taken Sterling and one of either Milner or Henderson. I would have taken Carroll and possibly Townsend instead.
But I knew our biggest weakness was Hodgson.
He's yesterday's man.
And it soon became apparent that he had no clear strategy, didn't know his strongest team and was clueless how to react to developments during a game.

Yes, he's a nice man...but he's about twenty years too late in managing England.

I hope the F.A. don't go for the 'safe option' again, but I suspect they will so let's welcome Gareth Southgate and more of the same old same old.

Oh and by the way, no sour grapes, Iceland totally deserved to win and here's to rooting for Wales.....but I did have a sneaky little bet on Italy at 16/1 before it all started.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I hope the F.A. don't go for the 'safe option' again, but I suspect they will so let's welcome Gareth Southgate and more of the same old same old.

When I heard this morning that Southgate was in the frame I face palmed , (literally)
The FA is incompetent and needs root and branch change , time to shake the tree.

Good luck Iceland.

<< 1  2   >>

join