It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If "Stop and Frisked", fight it you Can Win!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I live in memphis TN. A few monthes ago I was leaving a buddies house who lived in a predominantly black apt.

Now these arnt really bad apartments, just low income. In memphis we have REALLY bad parts of town. I'm white but grew up around all sorts of people so I'm not afraid to go into the hood. However there are places in memphis even I wouldn't go. This isn't one of those.

While walking to my car a cop was pulling out of the complex. I saw him but knew better then to stare so I turn around and begins getting in my car. I'm just about in my car when the stopped and ran up on me.

They ordered me to put my hands on. My car and began frisking me with out asking. When they asked if I had any weapons or needles while frisking me. I figured I should tell them about the 25$ worth of pot in my jacket pocket. Most police will let you go if your compliant and honest, if it's a small amount of pot.....

SNIP

Well court was today and the cop got caught up lying to the judge. He claimed that he saw me acting suspiciously around a group of cars and they had simply asked if I lived there while never getting out of his patrol car. When I said no he claimed to have smelled pot. So he asked me if I had any and I just up and said yes.

Oh did I mention I'm a 5'8. 145lb white guy with glasses :p if I was going around ghetto apartments breaking into cars . I wouldn't need to be arrested. Evolution would take care of that and I wouldn't need a cop is need an ambulance! Lol

Well the judge ( a black female) didn't buy it. She could see how ridiculous the cops story was and threw all the evidence out!!

First time I ever beat them B(7Ches!

So if the cops break the law be sure you fight it!!!!

edit on 6/24/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: 16e of Terms and Conditions

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE
Your first mistake was breaking a law of the land.
If I couldn't abide by my local laws, I'd move somewhere where there are like minded individuals.
Always openly record police interaction, advise them you intend to remain silent and do so, consent to no searches.
If ...or when they violate your rights, lawyer up and benefit, get a restraining order as well.
Not all judges believe the truth, good you probably got one that started in the hood.
The next judge just might be a white Mormon guy!

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I agree. I got the right judge for the job. She knew there was zero chance a white guy would survive breaking into cars in the hood.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Move away if you "can't abide a law of the land?"... what about staying and voting the stupid law out?

The guy had a few grams of a common weed... the law should not be involved in that for so many reasons I don't know where to start.

Many laws are unjust... written badly for stupid reasons and enforced unevenly.

The laws against stealing, harming, threats and intimidation will get no flack from me... I know people well enough to be sure we need the law, but laws that diminish rights, rather than expanding rights, are wrong (as long as the expanding freedoms don't run over any individuals, that is).

Drug laws are the main thing eroding what little democracy and freedoms we had in the U.S. They're the main reason we are seeing a militarization of the police. They are worthless and do far more bad than good.

To the OP... glad you beat it. Watch your backside as the officer might be a vindictive type with not a lot of luck catching real bad guys.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

while i suppose you should be happy to have the charges dismissed its pretty sad that there are no consequences for an officer of the law who violates it by falsifying reports and lying under oath.

really he should be brought up on charges and fired and all his previous cases should be scrutinized. zero tolerance and all that.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Move away if you "can't abide a law of the land?"... what about staying and voting the stupid law out?

The guy had a few grams of a common weed... the law should not be involved in that for so many reasons I don't know where to start.

Many laws are unjust... written badly for stupid reasons and enforced unevenly.

The laws against stealing, harming, threats and intimidation will get no flack from me... I know people well enough to be sure we need the law, but laws that diminish rights, rather than expanding rights, are wrong (as long as the expanding freedoms don't run over any individuals, that is).

Drug laws are the main thing eroding what little democracy and freedoms we had in the U.S. They're the main reason we are seeing a militarization of the police. They are worthless and do far more bad than good.

To the OP... glad you beat it. Watch your backside as the officer might be a vindictive type with not a lot of luck catching real bad guys.

Yup, drug laws have caused the militarization of our police. The thug culture amongst Americas poor. Countless broken families. Trillions on dollars. Countless lives.

All with no benifit at all.

top topics

join