It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop pulls suicidal woman from train tracks with seconds to spare

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well we post a lot of "bad cop" stuff on here, but this is a "good cop" . Good to know there are still some that actually give a shi#.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Eeehhhh, Not Buying It. Now we have to put her into a mental hospital and pay it with our tax dollars.

I believe the person (cop) himself is a good man. But its just weird to see this, cops wont let someone die unless they decide they die. Yeah, sure, she may be mentally unstable and not deemed to cooperate in society. Or she feels the need to end it-for whatever reason, Let her. If she isn't strong enough to handle life- then why make it everyone else's burden to keep her alive.
Just seems fishy.

Kudos for the cop being more compassionate than my post.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I believe many concerned citizens would do the same thing this LEO did.

End the "war on drugs". Disband forces. Confiscate records. Prosecute crimes against the citizens of the US.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Well we post a lot of "bad cop" stuff on here, but this is a "good cop" . Good to know there are still some that actually give a shi#.

The cynic in me says he got in the way interfering with her choice to off herself. He went against her free will. Though he did prevent the train from going through all that "I just hit somebody" crap but the train doesnt have to go through that crap. It could just keep on going as hitting a person isnt going to affect it any.

I suppose if I had to paint an ideal picture the cops would not have interfered, the train would have just kept going and not stopped even after hitting her and resident scavenging animals would have cleaned up the mess.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Thank you OP! It's nice to find and read some positive stories about law enforcement for a change. After all, with nearly 800,000 cops in our nation from small towns to the FBI building in D.C.? We have far more good than bad, with nothing even close for a margin there. I do wish the media would notice what they do beyond the "If it bleeds, it leads" concept they generally follow.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Maybe she was running away from the cop... she may have choose death than to be abused by a jackboot thug.
Who knows???

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

That was better explained than my post.lol

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
OP I like it, but it's lose lose for him on ATS for the cop bashers. He saves the girl by getting her off the tracks and he's wrong and a "jack boot thug". He does nothing and lets her die, and he's a "jack boot thug" who did nothing. I don't know if any of you have ever tried to attempt suicide, but once you succeed, there is no second chance. I tried once after I came back from my last deployment and I am glad my equipment failed. If it hadn't then I wouldn't have been given a second chance. Hopefully they get the help they desperately need, because there is always light somewhere at the end oc the tunnel for many of us who feel that desperate.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
Maybe she was running away from the cop... she may have choose death than to be abused by a jackboot thug.
Who knows???

It seems like perhaps you know this particular officer.
Why else would you stoop to such name calling?

Next time you see him, give him my thanks...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
One "good" deed.
I can't help but wonder how many times this cop has been compelled to bear false witness against a "suspect".
If he is indeed a good cop then good for him, he did what he is supposed to be getting payed to do.
The fact is, when I would re-plumb someone's house nobody cheered for me and wrote my boss for a promotion, I never got a parade, I simply did my job and went home.

Well, there was an old lady who praised me for temporarily hooking her up to her neighbors water service for a few days until I could re-pipe her Victorian home, but I did give her a wing-dinger of a discount as she was a sweet old gal and a human being to boot!
In truth, I despised her for her cookies that were better than mine...

Maybe this class war can be averted if more "good" cop videos come out, but the bad cop videos will have to go down as well.
Many will have to cross that thin blue line out before trust can be re-established.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: youdidntseeme

I didn't call him any names, nor will I ever meet him.
I called out a possible scenario, not enough info in that vid or the OP on her situation....
It is awesome that he saved her.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: youdidntseeme
It is hard to really tell if this is the officer, they are normally wearing all of the fear gear complete with hood and mask.
Yep, that's what American law enforcement has become...
Back in my day we had "Peace officers", they kept the peace.
How can you possibly be in "public safety" when all you practice is "officer safety"?
You can serve only one master.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Wow some of the ATS members will just never be happy....always need to complain about something....Cop did a great job for not only saving the lady but possibly wrecking the life of the train conductor...what a horrible feeling to think you killed someone regardless if it was an accident...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco
A good friend of mine was an engineer, he killed 8 people in his career.
Every single one he said could not have been averted and it didn't bother him.
Mostly because the brakes on a train suck for the job at hand.
Do you get an attaboy at your job when you just do your job?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think the cop bashers should tread lightly here. How on Earth can you criticize this?? You realize most people who attempt suicide do not follow through, those that do and survive typically regret it. This cop went above and beyond to save a life in my book that's what cops should be all about saving lives.

If the woman still wants to kill herself she will find another way. Cannot expect anybody to just let that happen. I would stop a jumper, wouldn't you?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

You can say your friend killed 18 people and doesn't mean I'm going to believe you in order for you to make a point...and actually I've always made it a point to recognize my staff for hanging in there when they were just doing their job...and just to put a finer point on it, they worked in a prison...
edit on 24-6-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco
You don't have to believe me at all, but there is a way you can find out how much bull I may or may not be spewing.
Ask an engineer how many people their trains have killed, or call up SP and ask an expert.
I'm sure my buddies number will be fairly mainstream, you could also ask how the engineers felt about the incident.
Now that we have that all squared away...
I see your "employees" are ...incarcerated?
Not many folk there saying "No sir, do it yourself", I'd bet.
And I bet you know where the real power in a prison system is.
If I were you I wouldn't make many waves either, that's how guards get...retired.
Your employees only make 25 cents an hour anyway, many masters love their slaves over real wage earners.

Unless your employees are the guards, then I can see how hard it is to read books in an air conditioned tower making a state UNION wage.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If that cop had just sat there and done nothing, he would have been no better than the guys he puts in handcuffs. This is what he is paid to do. Serve and Protect. Regardless, humanity is a rare enough quality these days that I will still applaud his actions.

On the other hand, I'm curious as to why the woman wanted to kill herself. It's not outside the realm of possibility that she had a good reason to do it.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The worst fear of any engine driver is to see someone on the tracks they are bearing down on. A long train takes a mile to stop and there is nothing they can do about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Gosh life in America is so confusing. Is the cop a hero for saving someone's life, or is he a self-righteous sexist bigot for interfering in her "choice"?

Quite a conundrum we have here.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join