It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyberattacks on US airports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
US airports targeted by phishers

www.informationweek.com... _editors_picks=true

"State and local government networks remain highly vulnerable to malicious hacking by nation-states, which was revealed by a newly disclosed attack conducted in 2013 that targeted as many as 75 US airports.
An investigation conducted by federal authorities and the N.Y.-based, non-profit Center for Internet Security uncovered a phishing scam that was successful against two victims working in the aviation industry, CIS said in its annual report released June 19."

how long before there's an international operation to target these hacker scum?

I wonder how many of these guys are gummint trolls (coughRussiacough)?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

Meh, first you need a new governmental (funny, ..-mental..!) agency for that. Butter it up with some billions (10^9) bucks and wait some years for it to grow fat.

Then, you may strike. Unless, GOP and DEM would fight over it. Then not.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
At this point, I think it is safe to assume that the hackers have a list of every single American along with their personal info and passwords.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Jeebus, that was a longwinded and asinine way of saying that two 'individuals in the aviation industry' had gotten letters from Nigerians.

How is a phishing scam a 'cyberattack'? Quelle Horreurs.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I dislike a lot of the scare-mongering that occurs in the US but I honestly believe that something like this poses a true threat. We should simply begin securing all of our open and unprotected systems. That is the only logical solution at the moment. Or we could wait till something happens and then bomb somebody, which is probably the plan at the moment. We should secure our systems both physically and electronically. The electronic highways that crisscross the US, things like the power grid and the internet infrastructure are often wide open. I know for a fact that there are people out there hacking unconventional systems and the mainstream has yet to catch up, and someone with malicious intent could truly do some damage. This same problem exists in other countries, and the main reason another government would not perform such an operation is that they know it could be done right back to them. And it probably would be, clandestinely, if there was not a shadow of a doubt that the government of another nation was responsible. Or it might be used as justification. It would be used in some way.
edit on 6/24/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join