It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reddit Admins Ban CBSnews.com Domain After A Anti-Dick Cheney Thread leads To Great Discussions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Reddit Admins ban CBSnews.com domain after a thread named "Rand Paul: Blame Dick Cheney for Iraq violence, not Obama" leads to great discussions.

CBS Article :

Paul said those who have questioned the president's approach to the recent surge in violence should ask the same questions of those who supported the 2003 invasion of Iraq: "Were they right in their predictions? Were there weapons of mass destruction there? Was the war won in 2005, when many of those people said it was won?"

Source : www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 24-6-2014 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2014 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: awakehuman

NBC and ABC are shivering in their booths.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I agree with Rand Paul.

As much as I dislike Obama there not much he could have done here.

He couldn't keep troops in Iraq forever. Its not like Japan or Germany. Iraq didn't want them there and the American people didn't want them there.

The day US troops marched into Iraq sealed its fate. The middle east has been like this for hundreds of years. Western meddling was never going to solve anything.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I think this speaks to the blatant Leftist slant at reddit and their dedication to the Left/Right paradigm.

Here is a Republican (Rand Paul) calling out his own Party for their previous mistakes in hopes to avert more mistakes via US intervention.

Cant have potential voters realize that Rand Paul may be a decent person, regardless of his Party affiliation.

edit on 24-6-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Agreed.
Maybe Rachel Maddow is a Reddit admin?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

I think this speaks to the blatant Leftist slant at reddit and their dedication to the Left/Right paradigm.

Here is a Republican (Rand Paul) calling out his own Party for their previous mistakes in hopes to avert more mistakes via US intervention.

Cant have potential voters realize that Rand Paul may be a decent person, regardless of his Party affiliation.

Why would a left wing leaning want to stop Republicans going at each other? Infighting is something they would promote.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Why would a left wing leaning want to stop Republicans going at each other? Infighting is something they would promote.

It might be PUPPETEER don't want that and trying to
collateral damage

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

As gladtobehere stated, there is an agenda. The leftists don't want any republican to be seen in a good light. Period.
It may cause their followers to question said agenda.
I've witnessed it directly more than once. I have liberal acquaintances who've said things like "Rand Paul is crazy"
because they had seen his comments taken out of context and spun by the libs. When they actually listed to unedited
conversations of Paul, they changed their tune.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I agree with Rand Paul.

I mostly agree with Paul on this as well. Maybe Obama pushed Iraq off the cliff by pulling all the US troops before the country was stable but it was Bush and Cheney who dragged the country up the mountain to be pushed in the first place.

As far as Reddit goes censorship is everywhere.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

1. Who controls the leftist?

I've witnessed it directly more than once. I have liberal acquaintances who've said things like "Rand Paul is crazy" because they had seen his comments taken out of context and spun by the libs.

Thats funny because I remember the republicans were the ones attacking his Father Ron and labeling him as crazy.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It's probably something automatic or an oversight or just a glitch. reddit bannings can seem weird and frustrating. I've been a member since 2007 and I still can't make sense of it. But, rest assured, reddit members will suss out an explanation.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

1. Who controls the leftist?

I've witnessed it directly more than once. I have liberal acquaintances who've said things like "Rand Paul is crazy" because they had seen his comments taken out of context and spun by the libs.

Thats funny because I remember the republicans were the ones attacking his Father Ron and labeling him as crazy.

I agree. Republicans have an agenda as well.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
It's probably something automatic or an oversight or just a glitch. reddit bannings can seem weird and frustrating. I've been a member since 2007 and I still can't make sense of it. But, rest assured, reddit members will suss out an explanation.

They are outraged here is the link:

www.reddit.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I agree. Republicans have an agenda as well.

Glad to see more people awaken, but they don't just have an agenda they have the same agenda.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I agree with Rand Paul.

As much as I dislike Obama there not much he could have done here.

He could have NOT continued the idiocy of sending arms and funds to the Syrian rebels effectively arming them and funding the ISIS campaign into Iraq.....

That would have helped a lot...........

Its not just "Iraq" its his foreign policies all over the ME that have culminated in this disaster........Iraq is just a symptom of the problem

edit on 6/24/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yup he shouldn't have done that.

But would the republican been any better?

In fact some of the most pro Syrian involvement politicians were republicans.

So it was a cross party disgrace that.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yup he shouldn't have done that.

But would the republican been any better?

In fact some of the most pro Syrian involvement politicians were republicans.

So it was a cross party disgrace that.

Absolutely not , bush did the same damn thing........

But just because a republican didnt do better doesnt make it right.......

he doesnt get a pass on this stuff just because "well a republican did it"

there is right and wrong......he doesnt get a pass for doing something he should not have done just because someone else did it......

We need as a nation to stop this thought process.........for both sides of the aisle

Tit for tat doesnt solve a damn thing.........do the RIGHT thing despite what someone else did.....
edit on 6/24/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
the best thing to do (not for them) is to let them kill each other, until they get tired of doing that. this was (put very simply) how world war one ended. after millions of lives lost, and the economic devastation that was incurred, they finally quit fighting each other.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Well, there has always been a tension of sorts between Paul supporters/Libertarians and the rest of reddit, so no surprise there.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
the best thing to do (not for them) is to let them kill each other, until they get tired of doing that. this was (put very simply) how world war one ended. after millions of lives lost, and the economic devastation that was incurred, they finally quit fighting each other.

Honestly this sounds horrible but that does seem like the only solution.......

Until a people get tired of being murdered by their own people of faith they wont move in masse to make a change......

As to the OP , Im starting to have my doubts on Rand myself

top topics

<<   2 >>

join