It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolboy's picture captures ghost of Scots soldier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
A pic from a young guy claiming he caught the ghost on camera at a graveyard for German soldiers in France. Photoshopped? i can't tell, maybe someone else on here can.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

Wow. Bit grainy.
Difficult to say if it's real but certainly looks that way.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Yeah! I hope someone can manipulate the pic a little bit to see it better. It does look quite real though.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
An artsy, blurry black and white - what are the odds?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Another view…

link with photo

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's a better one. It's an interesting pic.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

The best pics are ones from fifty or more years ago, before photoshop was popular or even a word, where the pictures are published in books. Remember Ted Serios? Likely as fake as my Aunt's stated-weight, but at least his pictures were published in the 1960s. Nowadays nothing can be deemed 100 percent real, there's just too much room for expert photoshopping which can't be distinguished from a "real" photograph.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Of course, as digital photo manipulation improves, so does the ability to detect it.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I guess sometimes it will be down to believing whether the person telling the story and showing the pic is truthful or not. Since none of us know the boy then it is difficult to make any solid decision on whether it is real.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkYogi
a reply to: intrptr

That's a better one. It's an interesting pic.

Agreed. Thanks for bringing it. Kind of hard to miss the "figure". And more than imagination. Like others are saying though hard to be sure in the digital age. His mom is an antiques dealer.

If I were to fake such a pic I would google the scotish highlanders and look for a facsimile and then photo shop it in.

Highlander photo

I'm amazed what kids can do with that stuff these days. We should have a contest here to 'fake a good one' . Love to see how that would turn out.

By the by did you see all the stuff going on around him in the background of the image in the links? My eyes are playing tricks…

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If this is photoshopped..... you must be a pro. Because to me..... this doesn't have the obvious marks of a photoshopped image. Awesome pic.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The black and white filter makes me suspicious. Hides a multitude of sins.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
How I make hoaxes very hard to detect

Photoshop your hoax

But don't save that image, get camera and take picture of screen perfectly framed so yo only see pic. Now you have unaltered photo you can edit the exif data or tell camera not to append exif.

Most hoaxers don't show you the photo shopped image, the good hoaxers take a photo of the photo. So experts can say on TV "there is no evidence this image has been tampered with" because it wasn't, the photo of the hoax pic was never tampered with ;-)

Neat trick for us hoaxers, works good for YouTube video also, the amount of idiocy posted to ats and godlike forums are the trophies if they get posted about :-P

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
True ghosts are always naked. Ghosts don't need clothing.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Cito

That introduces parallax problems which are often spotted.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

I'm sorry...

...did some people need a big red circle so they could point out the fakery?

top topics

join