It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the most intelligent argments ever!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Sagan tended to hedge his remarks around with speculations about very infrequent ET visits to Earth, but a base maintained so near as the Moon seem mighty close for such a minimal interest in us. On UFOs specifically, he at least conceded that there were certain objects that were unidentified. See link, below, scroll down, and click article to enlarge.
www.theufochronicles.com...
edit on 24-6-2014 by Ross 54 because: added instructions for finding, reading article

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: korkythecat

Right on!

My two favorite first contact scenarios involve a species of alien whose looks trip our triggers, but whose behavior and intentions are entirely benevolent. For example: a race of spider-like creatures, who love rock music and want to help us cure cancer....

Or -- a race of angelic creatures, whose entire way of life is centered around a warlike principal that can only be described as fanatical, lawful, evil.

Which would we ally with first?

I'm afraid humans have a long way to go before our adolescence is complete and we are mature enough for first contact, which probably explains why it hasn't happened yet.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: korkythecat

Right on!

My two favorite first contact scenarios involve a species of alien whose looks trip our triggers, but whose behavior and intentions are entirely benevolent.

Childhood's End Arthur C. Clark.

Harte

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
Jeeeeez Carl Sagan's voice is entrancing!
Such an educated selfless man, what a loss.

Thanks OP for the share.

Thanks OP for the share???? Are you mad?

All he did was take from youtube and upload to ATS!! He couldn't even be bothered to form an opinion on the subject matter discussed within said video and obviously has failed to understand that there is no point putting up a video we can all find on youtube unless he has something to contribute.

I wonder if he even watched it!!

No thanks from me OP!! and honestly, it was not a very educated or brilliant argument. it was basic and fairly average. Kind of dull. In fact Hawkins kind of came across as a bit stupid.

Yes these three are renowned for their brilliance in their respective fields, this video did not demonstrate that at all!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Lol I'm sorry to poke fun but...you spelled arguments wrong in a post about Intelligent Arguments.... just sayin'

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122
He's using "Hawkins" instead of Hawking too, despite several posts about it.

Would've been a star otherwise.

Harte

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

it did demonstrate my point in that no matter how much these guys know, when talking about a subject outside our language they are on par with everybody else

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
a reply to: projectbane

it did demonstrate my point in that no matter how much these guys know, when talking about a subject outside our language they are on par with everybody else

Very true. Authority in science does not automatically translate into authority in anything else. Sagan was a closet marijuana smoker - if that has any bearing on the discussion. Link

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EnPassant
it would've been nice to see Richard Feynman there and hear his views on the subject

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnPassant

Very true. Authority in science does not automatically translate into authority in anything else. Sagan was a closet marijuana smoker. Link

Hope he used a cedar closet.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join